|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
(b) Emotional state.
2. What does Callahan use from the radar reflector in order to help make a rain collector?
(a) Aluminum tubing.
(b) The plastic cup.
(d) The rope.
3. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
4. Callahan tries to force himself to think ___________ in order to come up with a solution for the leak in his boat.
5. When Callahan looks at his sextant, he decides that he is too far __________ in his journey's plans.
6. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
(b) Food supply.
7. What color is the light by which Callahan eats when he successfully traps another dorado fish?
8. What is the source of the flash that Callahan sees when he wakes up in the middle of the night on April 20th?
(a) Flare gun.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A bomb.
9. Callahan scans the horizon for __________ while being haunted by thoughts of food and drink.
10. What does Callahan use in order to create a makeshift sextant in order to plot his course?
(b) Rubber bands.
11. Where does Callahan want to go in order to get his mail before he flies back to Maine?
12. At dinner, Callahan eats a large amount of ____________ food, surprising everyone with the appetite he has.
13. Once the temperatures have turned warm, Callahan has no more fears of ___________ taking hold at night.
(a) Bad dreams.
14. Callahan decides that the ______________ is the best way for him to catch fish on the boat, despite other method attempts.
(c) Spear gun.
15. Callahan's need for __________ completely contradicts his need for food, water, and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan realize he might need to do in order to hydrate himself if he can not get fresh water?
2. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
3. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
4. Callahan estimates that he is eighteen days from ___________ so he rations out his food in order to make it the duration of the trip.
5. Callahan begins to note the new _____________ in his new vicinity and location, which makes him curious as to where he is.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)