Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
(b) His finger.
2. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
3. What does Callahan drape on the top of his boat in order to help it dry out and to keep the canopy area cool?
(b) Sleeping bag.
(c) A coat.
(d) His shirt.
4. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
(c) Sea urchin.
6. On what island does Callahan realize he has come to as he meets the fishermen in the boat?
7. Where does Callahan want to go in order to get his mail before he flies back to Maine?
8. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
(a) Shipping lane.
(b) Continental shelf.
9. What does Callahan lose as the raft begins to swirl around in a circle as he is attempting to navigate?
(a) His sextant.
(b) The map.
(c) Precious time.
(d) The solar still.
10. Callahan estimates that he is eighteen days from ___________ so he rations out his food in order to make it the duration of the trip.
11. What does Callahan come across as he is sailing around on April 6th on the ocean?
(a) A deserted island.
(b) A sand bar.
(c) A ship.
(d) A stretch of trash and pollution.
12. Callahan even creates a contraption which might collect drinking water from the ______________.
(a) Fish's insides.
(b) The wet sleeping bag.
(c) The tarp.
(d) Misty air.
13. Callahan actually begins to feel saddened by the loss of another ____________ when he kills and eats the fish.
(a) Sea creature.
14. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
15. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
(a) Food supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the flash that Callahan sees when he wakes up in the middle of the night on April 20th?
2. Callahan's attention begins to be split between the _________ and the horizon as his situation grows ever more desperate.
3. What was the name of Callahan's ex-wife, who he remembers on what would have been another wedding anniversary?
4. What does Callahan fear what he will land against when he is finally at the shoreline and near land?
5. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)