|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
(a) A loud storm.
(b) A friendly dolphin.
(c) A shark.
(d) A freighter.
2. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
(a) Continental shelf.
(d) Shipping lane.
3. When Callahan wakes up on March 19, he is still mourning the loss of the _____________ from the day before.
(a) Solar still.
4. Once the temperatures have turned warm, Callahan has no more fears of ___________ taking hold at night.
(d) Bad dreams.
5. Callahan even creates a contraption which might collect drinking water from the ______________.
(a) Misty air.
(b) The tarp.
(c) Fish's insides.
(d) The wet sleeping bag.
6. What is the new color that Callahan can now see when he is looking out onto the horizon?
7. Who comes to the island in order to give Callahan a new wardrobe to wear after his journey?
(a) The American media.
(b) A movie director.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His family.
8. When Callahan finds a strange mass in the ocean, he dines on the small __________ and shrimp which are located there.
9. What does Callahan first hear as he prepares to make a difficult landing against the shore?
(a) Coast Guard.
(b) A man's voice.
(d) A bell.
10. Who corrects the issue with the Napoleon Solo's mistaken label which allows the search to continue?
(a) Callahan's family.
(b) Callahan's ex-wife.
(c) A journalist.
(d) The Coast Guard.
11. Callahan tries to force himself to think ___________ in order to come up with a solution for the leak in his boat.
12. Unbeknownst to Callahan, __________ has been trying to rescue him, but has been facing an uncooperative Coast Guard.
(a) The military.
(b) The President.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
13. While Callahan was once a fiercely independent man, he now understands man to be a _________ animal.
14. How many fish is Callahan able to catch, even though he is exhausted by his efforts, though his catch revives him?
15. What does Callahan decide to use as a tip for his spear in order to fix the spear he has had for the duration of the trip?
(a) A pocket knife.
(c) Butter knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
2. Callahan is overcome with emotion as the reality of his ____________ finally sinks in when he touches land.
3. The drying stores of meat in the boat sag down to the floor, causing them to turn rancid because of the _____________.
4. What does Callahan realize he might need to do in order to hydrate himself if he can not get fresh water?
5. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)