|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan decides that the ______________ is the best way for him to catch fish on the boat, despite other method attempts.
(a) Spear gun.
2. What does Callahan use in order to try to fix the breach in the life raft as caused by the fish?
(a) A shoe.
3. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
(a) Solar still.
(b) The inner tube.
(c) His EPIRB.
(d) His fishing spear.
4. Callahan's need for __________ completely contradicts his need for food, water, and shelter.
5. What was the name of Callahan's ex-wife, who he remembers on what would have been another wedding anniversary?
6. From what besides the radar reflector does Callahan take the remnants in order to help make a crude rain collector?
(a) His book.
(b) The emergency kit.
(c) His clothing.
(d) The solar still.
7. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
(a) A friendly dolphin.
(b) A loud storm.
(c) A freighter.
(d) A shark.
8. What does Callahan lose as the raft begins to swirl around in a circle as he is attempting to navigate?
(a) Precious time.
(b) The map.
(c) The solar still.
(d) His sextant.
9. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
(c) Food supply.
10. When the final solar still finally breaks, Callahan only has _______ and dorado for sustenance as well as his emergency water supply.
(b) Energy bars.
11. What does Callahan use in order to create a makeshift sextant in order to plot his course?
(d) Rubber bands.
12. What does Callahan decide to use as a tip for his spear in order to fix the spear he has had for the duration of the trip?
(a) Butter knife.
(c) A pocket knife.
13. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
(b) The canopy top.
(c) A tarp.
(d) His sleeping bag.
14. Callahan answers a number of questions of the __________ consul before finally getting some rest in the hospital.
15. On what island does Callahan realize he has come to as he meets the fishermen in the boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
2. Callahan actually begins to feel saddened by the loss of another ____________ when he kills and eats the fish.
3. Which of the tubes in the life raft begins to deflate as a result of the fish's actions on the side of the boat?
4. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
5. Few people are hopeful that Callahan is alive back home, causing many to _______________.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)