|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Callahan wakes up on March 19, he is still mourning the loss of the _____________ from the day before.
(c) Solar still.
2. Unbeknownst to Callahan, __________ has been trying to rescue him, but has been facing an uncooperative Coast Guard.
(a) The military.
(b) The President.
(c) His family.
(d) His wife.
3. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
4. Callahan actually begins to feel saddened by the loss of another ____________ when he kills and eats the fish.
(b) Sea creature.
5. On what island does Callahan realize he has come to as he meets the fishermen in the boat?
6. The drying stores of meat in the boat sag down to the floor, causing them to turn rancid because of the _____________.
7. What color is the light by which Callahan eats when he successfully traps another dorado fish?
8. Callahan believes that the water traffic will begin to pick up once he gets on the belt between Brazil and __________.
(b) The Andes.
9. What jumps into Callahan's raft and he tries to use it for bait, though it is unsuccessful?
(a) Puffer fish.
(d) Flying fish.
10. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
11. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
(b) His finger.
12. What does Callahan realize he might need to do in order to hydrate himself if he can not get fresh water?
(a) A saltwater enema.
(b) Drink his reserves.
(c) Soak in the ocean.
(d) Swim to shore.
13. How often does Callahan need to pump air into the the lower tube of the raft since the fix didn't work?
(a) Every single minute.
(b) Every 30 minutes.
(c) Every 10 minutes.
(d) He doesn't.
14. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
(a) A friendly dolphin.
(b) A loud storm.
(c) A shark.
(d) A freighter.
15. What is Callahan careful not to mistake a static cloud for in the distance as he is sailing out in the sea?
(a) A person.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) A fish.
(d) A bag of trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has atrophied so severely that Callahan is unable to keep himself upright?
2. Callahan decides that the ______________ is the best way for him to catch fish on the boat, despite other method attempts.
3. Where does Callahan want to go in order to get his mail before he flies back to Maine?
4. Callahan even creates a contraption which might collect drinking water from the ______________.
5. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)