|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 4.
(b) February 10.
(c) February 5.
(d) February 16.
2. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(c) Mr. Willoughby.
3. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
4. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 20.
(b) February 21.
(c) February 25.
(d) February 4.
5. Callahan begins to appreciate how much better suited the local ____________ are to the area.
(a) Plant life.
(c) Fish life.
6. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
7. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
8. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(a) Sea greens.
9. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Another sailor.
(b) Water in the boat.
(c) A shark in the boat.
(d) A broken solar still.
10. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
11. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Coast Guard helicopter.
(b) Cruise ship.
(d) Race boat.
12. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(b) An inspection.
(c) He gathers extra water.
13. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
14. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
15. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(b) A storm.
(d) A downpour.
Short Answer Questions
1. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
2. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
3. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
4. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
5. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)