|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
2. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
3. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) Loud bang.
(b) His alarm.
(c) A light.
5. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(b) His soul.
(c) Chances of survival.
6. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(a) The bay.
(c) The shore.
7. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Each other.
(c) Gale force winds.
(d) A pro like Callahan.
8. Callahan begins to realize that __________ are another reality he is able to perceive when he is on the boat.
9. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
10. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Lack of water.
(c) A bacterial infection.
(d) Salt water.
11. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
12. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
13. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
14. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It goes missing one day.
(c) It rots clean through.
(d) It is broken off by a shark.
15. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) His flares.
(c) A box of supplies.
(d) His life raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
2. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
3. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
4. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)