|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Three times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Five times.
2. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
3. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
4. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
(a) His flare gun doesn't work.
(b) No one is on deck.
(c) He's not been reported missing.
(d) It is moving too quickly.
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
6. Callahan is worried about his _______________, so he decides to do some yoga to see if that helps him at all.
(a) Mental state.
(b) Digestive tract.
(c) Muscle weakness.
7. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) A sail.
(c) Tent like canopy.
(d) The sides.
8. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
9. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) A jelly jar.
(b) Coffee can.
(c) His shoe.
(d) Coffee mug.
10. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
11. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
12. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(b) A novel.
(c) A flare gun.
(d) His army knife.
13. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(b) A flare gun.
(c) An SOS flag.
(d) A bright sail.
14. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(d) Sea greens.
15. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
3. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
4. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
5. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)