|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(b) Science fiction.
(c) Sea survival.
(d) A family who misses their sailing relative.
2. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
3. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
4. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
5. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(a) A flare gun.
(c) His army knife.
(d) A novel.
6. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 25.
(b) February 20.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 21.
7. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
(a) A freighter.
(b) His still falling into the sea.
(c) A shark.
(d) The Coast Guard.
8. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
(b) More fish.
(d) A new ship passing by.
9. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(b) The shore.
(d) The bay.
10. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(d) Emotional connections.
11. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
12. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
13. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(a) Sea greens.
14. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Gale force winds.
(c) Each other.
(d) A pro like Callahan.
15. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A rogue wave.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A passing boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
2. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
3. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
4. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
5. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)