|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
3. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Two times.
4. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
5. Callahan begins to realize that __________ are another reality he is able to perceive when he is on the boat.
6. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
7. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Trans Mat.
(c) Ponce de Leon.
(d) Napoleon Solo.
8. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(a) The local authorities.
(b) His crew members.
(d) His family.
9. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(a) Medical equipment.
10. Callahan is worried about his _______________, so he decides to do some yoga to see if that helps him at all.
(a) Mental state.
(c) Digestive tract.
(d) Muscle weakness.
11. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
12. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
(c) A new ship passing by.
(d) More fish.
13. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
14. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
15. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) His food supply.
(c) His clothing.
(d) Solar stills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
2. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
3. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
4. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
5. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)