|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) A sail.
(c) Tent like canopy.
(d) The sides.
2. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
3. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Two times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Ten times.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(b) Can of peanuts.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) A piece of bread.
5. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Napoleon Solo.
(b) Ponce de Leon.
(c) Trans Mat.
6. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
7. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(b) The bay.
(d) The shore.
8. Callahan begins to appreciate how much better suited the local ____________ are to the area.
(a) Fish life.
(c) Plant life.
9. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(a) Emotional connections.
10. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(b) His soul.
(c) Chances of survival.
11. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
12. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(b) No one.
13. What does Callahan eat the last of after the soup that he makes, though he is still realizes he is malnourished?
(a) Water chestnuts.
(c) An apple.
14. Callahan begins to realize that __________ are another reality he is able to perceive when he is on the boat.
15. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(b) A flare gun.
(c) A bright sail.
(d) An SOS flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
2. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
3. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
4. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
5. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)