Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 21.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 20.
(d) February 25.
2. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
3. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Hail storm.
(c) Lightning bolt.
(d) Rogue wave.
4. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(a) Emotional connections.
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
6. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
(a) Water needs.
(c) Food options.
7. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
(a) A coffee mug.
(b) Tupperware container.
(c) A coffee can.
8. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
9. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
10. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
11. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Ten times.
12. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
(a) A shark.
(b) A freighter.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) His still falling into the sea.
13. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) A candy bar.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) Can of peanuts.
14. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
15. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(a) Sea greens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan begins to realize that __________ are another reality he is able to perceive when he is on the boat.
2. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
3. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
4. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
5. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)