|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(b) He signals for help.
(c) An inspection.
2. Callahan is worried about his _______________, so he decides to do some yoga to see if that helps him at all.
(b) Muscle weakness.
(c) Digestive tract.
(d) Mental state.
3. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
(a) It is moving too quickly.
(b) No one is on deck.
(c) His flare gun doesn't work.
(d) He's not been reported missing.
4. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
5. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
6. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It goes missing one day.
(b) It is broken off by a shark.
(d) It rots clean through.
7. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
8. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(c) Emotional connections.
9. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(a) His army knife.
(b) A novel.
(d) A flare gun.
10. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
11. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
12. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
13. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
14. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
15. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
2. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
3. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
4. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
5. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)