|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
2. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
3. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 20.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 25.
(d) February 21.
4. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(c) Mr. Willoughby.
5. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 kilometers.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 600 miles.
(d) 1000 miles.
6. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
7. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
8. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Race boat.
(b) Coast Guard helicopter.
(c) Cruise ship.
9. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
10. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(b) An inspection.
(c) He signals for help.
11. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(a) A novel.
(b) His army knife.
(c) A flare gun.
12. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
13. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
14. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A rainshower.
(b) A school of dolphins.
(c) A dream of his ex-wife.
(d) A fever.
15. While Callahan appreciates the simple __________ of the natural world, he still yearns to be rescued from his condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
2. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
3. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
4. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
5. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)