|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(a) No one.
2. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(a) His crew members.
(c) His family.
(d) The local authorities.
3. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
4. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(a) A downpour.
(d) A storm.
5. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
6. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(b) Ponce de Leon.
(c) Napoleon Solo.
(d) Trans Mat.
7. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
(a) A shark.
(b) His own carelessness.
(d) A large wave.
8. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
9. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) Meridian Strait.
(b) North Equatorial.
(c) Atlantic Trough.
(d) South Equatorial.
10. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
11. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
12. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
(a) Tupperware container.
(b) A coffee mug.
(d) A coffee can.
13. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The sides.
(b) A sail.
(c) The mast.
(d) Tent like canopy.
14. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(d) Sea greens.
15. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(a) Chances of survival.
(d) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
2. What does Callahan eat the last of after the soup that he makes, though he is still realizes he is malnourished?
3. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
5. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)