|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Another sailor.
(b) Water in the boat.
(c) A shark in the boat.
(d) A broken solar still.
2. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
3. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
4. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A portion of the sail.
(b) A piece of the rope.
(c) A sticker.
5. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
6. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(c) A storm.
(d) A downpour.
7. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(b) An inspection.
(c) He signals for help.
8. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
(a) Going home.
(b) Stocking up.
(c) Mooring for a while.
(d) Taking on a passenger.
9. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) A box of supplies.
(c) His life raft.
(d) His flares.
10. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Five times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Two times.
11. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(b) Sea greens.
12. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) A light.
(b) His alarm.
(c) Loud bang.
13. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 20 feet.
(b) 40 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
14. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
15. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(a) His ex-wife.
(d) Another boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
2. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
3. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
4. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
5. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)