|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) Solar stills.
(c) His food supply.
(d) His clothing.
2. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) A flare gun.
(b) An SOS flag.
(c) A bright sail.
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Each other.
(b) A pro like Callahan.
(c) Gale force winds.
4. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
6. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
(a) Food options.
(b) Water needs.
7. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
8. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
9. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) The sea.
10. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 16.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 10.
(d) February 5.
11. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A school of dolphins.
(b) A dream of his ex-wife.
(c) A fever.
(d) A rainshower.
12. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
13. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
14. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(d) Sea greens.
15. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 40 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
2. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
3. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
4. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
5. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)