|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(c) The bay.
(d) The shore.
2. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) A bacterial infection.
(b) Lack of water.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) Salt water.
3. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
4. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
5. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
6. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
7. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) Meridian Strait.
(b) South Equatorial.
(c) Atlantic Trough.
(d) North Equatorial.
8. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
(a) A coffee mug.
(b) Tupperware container.
(d) A coffee can.
9. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A sticker.
(b) A portion of the sail.
(d) A piece of the rope.
10. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
(a) A rogue wave.
(b) A passing boat.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A ray of sunshine.
11. While Callahan appreciates the simple __________ of the natural world, he still yearns to be rescued from his condition.
12. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Five times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Two times.
13. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
14. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
15. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) Coffee mug.
(b) Coffee can.
(c) A jelly jar.
(d) His shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
2. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
3. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
4. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
5. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)