|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
2. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A rogue wave.
(c) A passing boat.
(d) A prayer.
3. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(b) Science fiction.
(c) A family who misses their sailing relative.
(d) Sea survival.
4. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(a) His crew members.
(b) The local authorities.
(c) His family.
5. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
6. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) Tent like canopy.
(c) A sail.
(d) The sides.
7. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It rots clean through.
(c) It goes missing one day.
(d) It is broken off by a shark.
8. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
(a) Stocking up.
(b) Taking on a passenger.
(c) Going home.
(d) Mooring for a while.
9. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(b) Sea greens.
10. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) A flare gun.
(c) A bright sail.
(d) An SOS flag.
11. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
12. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(c) He signals for help.
(d) An inspection.
13. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One year.
(d) One month.
14. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) A jelly jar.
(b) Coffee can.
(c) His shoe.
(d) Coffee mug.
15. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 5.
(b) February 10.
(c) February 16.
(d) February 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
2. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
3. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
4. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
5. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)