|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
(a) More fish.
(b) A new ship passing by.
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The sides.
(b) Tent like canopy.
(c) The mast.
(d) A sail.
3. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
4. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
(a) Mooring for a while.
(b) Stocking up.
(c) Going home.
(d) Taking on a passenger.
5. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Sea survival.
(d) A family who misses their sailing relative.
6. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
(a) Two times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Ten times.
7. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
(a) A shark.
(b) A freighter.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) His still falling into the sea.
8. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
9. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
10. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
(b) Emotional connections.
11. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(a) His soul.
(d) Chances of survival.
12. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
13. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
(a) His own carelessness.
(b) A shark.
(d) A large wave.
14. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Neck high.
(b) Ankle high.
(c) Waist high.
(d) Knee high.
15. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
2. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
3. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
4. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
5. Callahan begins to realize that __________ are another reality he is able to perceive when he is on the boat.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)