|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
(d) Food supply.
2. What does Callahan use from the radar reflector in order to help make a rain collector?
(a) Aluminum tubing.
(c) The plastic cup.
(d) The rope.
3. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 miles.
(b) 1000 miles.
(c) 600 kilometers.
(d) 100 miles.
4. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
5. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
2. What helps to restore the good spirits and the energy to Callahan after a few days of suffering?
3. Why does Callahan turn on his beacon after drinking some of the tainted water? What does he think he hears?
4. Why do Callahan's legs continue to swell up when he walks, though he has been told to rest more?
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)