|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the temperatures have turned warm, Callahan has no more fears of ___________ taking hold at night.
(d) Bad dreams.
2. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
3. What does Callahan catch, despite his weakness from the vomiting after drinking the water?
4. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(b) Medical equipment.
5. While Callahan was once a fiercely independent man, he now understands man to be a _________ animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
2. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
3. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
4. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
5. What has become a frozen lump of rust, not very effective for signalling to passing ships?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)