|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(b) A storm.
(d) A downpour.
2. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(b) He signals for help.
(d) An inspection.
3. Callahan is overcome with emotion as the reality of his ____________ finally sinks in when he touches land.
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(d) No one.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
(d) Sea urchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
2. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
3. Why does Callahan turn on his beacon after drinking some of the tainted water? What does he think he hears?
4. Callahan believes that the water traffic will begin to pick up once he gets on the belt between Brazil and __________.
5. Later, Callahan accidentally punches a hole in the ___________ of the boat, although he fixes it quickly.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)