|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan answers a number of questions of the __________ consul before finally getting some rest in the hospital.
2. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It goes missing one day.
(b) It is broken off by a shark.
(c) It rots clean through.
3. How often does Callahan need to pump air into the the lower tube of the raft since the fix didn't work?
(a) Every 10 minutes.
(b) He doesn't.
(c) Every single minute.
(d) Every 30 minutes.
4. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
(a) One day.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
5. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Hail storm.
(b) Rogue wave.
(c) Lightning bolt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
2. Callahan watches from a distance as __________ bring fresh water to the ocean, although he can not get to it.
3. Few people are hopeful that Callahan is alive back home, causing many to _______________.
4. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
5. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)