|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan's attention begins to be split between the _________ and the horizon as his situation grows ever more desperate.
2. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
3. While Callahan was once a fiercely independent man, he now understands man to be a _________ animal.
4. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) A bacterial infection.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Lack of food.
5. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Callahan want to go in order to get his mail before he flies back to Maine?
2. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
3. What does Callahan catch, despite his weakness from the vomiting after drinking the water?
4. Callahan answers a number of questions of the __________ consul before finally getting some rest in the hospital.
5. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)