|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
(a) He might be near the Equator.
(b) He might be heading back home.
(c) He may be veering off course.
(d) Land may be close.
2. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(b) His army knife.
(c) A novel.
(d) A flare gun.
3. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
(a) A coffee can.
(b) A coffee mug.
(c) Tupperware container.
4. What is Callahan careful not to mistake a static cloud for in the distance as he is sailing out in the sea?
(a) A fish.
(b) A person.
(c) A bag of trash.
(d) A mountain range.
5. Callahan realizes too that he is beginning to be unable to taste the _________ in the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What jumps into Callahan's raft and he tries to use it for bait, though it is unsuccessful?
2. Callahan sees the tragic waste of life and the tragic waste of food as ______________ for the day and the trip.
3. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
4. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
5. Unbeknownst to Callahan, __________ has been trying to rescue him, but has been facing an uncooperative Coast Guard.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)