|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the new color that Callahan can now see when he is looking out onto the horizon?
2. Why is it too difficult to fish at this point of the journey, according to Callahan?
(a) The spear isn't working.
(b) The seas are rough.
(c) The fish are gone.
(d) The nets are broken.
3. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
(a) A signalling device.
(b) A tent.
(c) A basket.
(d) A funnel.
4. What has become a frozen lump of rust, not very effective for signalling to passing ships?
(a) The Harpoon gun.
(b) Callahan himself.
(c) The space blanket.
(d) His flare gun.
5. What does Callahan drape on the top of his boat in order to help it dry out and to keep the canopy area cool?
(a) Sleeping bag.
(c) His shirt.
(d) A coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
2. What color is the light by which Callahan eats when he successfully traps another dorado fish?
3. What does Callahan first hear as he prepares to make a difficult landing against the shore?
4. At dinner, Callahan eats a large amount of ____________ food, surprising everyone with the appetite he has.
5. What does Callahan do with the space blanket? What does he decide to use it for now?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)