|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) A piece of bread.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) Can of peanuts.
2. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
(c) His finger.
3. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His food supply.
(d) Solar stills.
4. When the final solar still finally breaks, Callahan only has _______ and dorado for sustenance as well as his emergency water supply.
(b) Energy bars.
5. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
(d) Emotional state.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
2. What has become a frozen lump of rust, not very effective for signalling to passing ships?
3. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
4. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
5. Few people are hopeful that Callahan is alive back home, causing many to _______________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)