|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan fear what he will land against when he is finally at the shoreline and near land?
(b) Other boats.
(c) Deadly fish.
(d) Coral reef.
2. What is the new color that Callahan can now see when he is looking out onto the horizon?
3. What does Callahan lose as the raft begins to swirl around in a circle as he is attempting to navigate?
(a) Precious time.
(b) The map.
(c) His sextant.
(d) The solar still.
4. What is suddenly mixed in with the water Callahan has been trying to collect in the canopy?
(a) Green clouds.
(b) Oily black liquid.
(c) Orange particles.
(d) A dusty powder.
5. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
(d) His finger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan actually begins to feel saddened by the loss of another ____________ when he kills and eats the fish.
2. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
3. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
4. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
5. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)