|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan's family has learned of his rescue through a chain of _____________ contacts.
(a) Coast Guard.
(b) CB radio.
2. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
3. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
(a) A friendly dolphin.
(b) A loud storm.
(c) A shark.
(d) A freighter.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) A candy bar.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) Can of peanuts.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
(d) Sea urchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps to restore the good spirits and the energy to Callahan after a few days of suffering?
2. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
4. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
5. What does Callahan use from the radar reflector in order to help make a rain collector?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)