|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
(a) A coffee can.
(b) A coffee mug.
(d) Tupperware container.
2. What remained inflated with the new sticky gum fix that Callahan comes up with during his ill state?
(a) The lower tube.
(b) The upper tube.
(c) Solar still.
(d) The inner tube.
3. Few people are hopeful that Callahan is alive back home, causing many to _______________.
(a) Look harder.
(b) Give up the search.
(c) Tell the Coast Guard he is dead.
(d) Sail to find him.
4. Why do Callahan's legs continue to swell up when he walks, though he has been told to rest more?
(a) Not drinking enough water.
(b) High sodium content.
(c) Lack of muscle.
(d) The sun.
5. Which of the knives has snapped off the end of the spearhead, leaving Callahan with a less than effective instrument?
(a) None of the knives has snapped off.
(b) Leather knife.
(c) Both knives.
(d) Butter knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
2. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
3. Callahan realizes too that he is beginning to be unable to taste the _________ in the water.
4. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
5. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)