|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan do with the space blanket? What does he decide to use it for now?
(a) A fishing net.
(b) A pillow.
(c) Water catching.
(d) A solar still.
2. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) A shark in the boat.
(d) Another sailor.
3. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) Meridian Strait.
(b) North Equatorial.
(c) Atlantic Trough.
(d) South Equatorial.
4. What remained inflated with the new sticky gum fix that Callahan comes up with during his ill state?
(a) The upper tube.
(b) The inner tube.
(c) Solar still.
(d) The lower tube.
5. What does Callahan use in order to create a makeshift sextant in order to plot his course?
(a) Rubber bands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
2. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
3. How many fish is Callahan able to catch, even though he is exhausted by his efforts, though his catch revives him?
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
5. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)