|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(c) An inspection.
(d) He signals for help.
3. What does Callahan lose as the raft begins to swirl around in a circle as he is attempting to navigate?
(a) The solar still.
(b) Precious time.
(c) The map.
(d) His sextant.
4. Callahan believes that the water traffic will begin to pick up once he gets on the belt between Brazil and __________.
(d) The Andes.
5. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(b) Cruise ship.
(c) Coast Guard helicopter.
(d) Race boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
2. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
3. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
4. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
5. What is the name of the man who offers to let Callahan stay in his hotel while he rests and decides what to do next?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)