|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) His food supply.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The EPIRB.
(d) Solar stills.
2. Why do Callahan's legs continue to swell up when he walks, though he has been told to rest more?
(a) Lack of muscle.
(b) Not drinking enough water.
(c) High sodium content.
(d) The sun.
3. What does Callahan first hear as he prepares to make a difficult landing against the shore?
(a) A bell.
(b) A man's voice.
(d) Coast Guard.
4. Callahan estimates that he is eighteen days from ___________ so he rations out his food in order to make it the duration of the trip.
5. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan answers a number of questions of the __________ consul before finally getting some rest in the hospital.
2. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
3. What does Callahan realize he might need to do in order to hydrate himself if he can not get fresh water?
4. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
5. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)