|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 40 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
2. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
3. Why do Callahan's legs continue to swell up when he walks, though he has been told to rest more?
(a) The sun.
(b) Lack of muscle.
(c) High sodium content.
(d) Not drinking enough water.
4. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) His dry clothing.
(b) His journal.
(c) Water for drinking.
(d) More fish.
5. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
(c) Sea urchin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
2. The fishermen decide to through their hooks into the water and catch most of the ____________ of Callahan.
3. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
4. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
5. What helps to restore the good spirits and the energy to Callahan after a few days of suffering?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)