|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Road of Trash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
(a) Solar still.
(b) The inner tube.
(c) His EPIRB.
(d) His fishing spear.
2. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
(a) He might be heading back home.
(b) Land may be close.
(c) He may be veering off course.
(d) He might be near the Equator.
3. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(a) Another boat.
(b) His ex-wife.
4. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
5. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Ankle high.
(c) Neck high.
(d) Knee high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
2. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
3. Callahan begins to appreciate how much better suited the local ____________ are to the area.
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)