|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Road of Trash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
(a) Shipping lane.
(c) Continental shelf.
2. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A fever.
(b) A rainshower.
(c) A dream of his ex-wife.
(d) A school of dolphins.
3. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(a) A downpour.
(d) A storm.
4. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Neck high.
(b) Knee high.
(c) Ankle high.
(d) Waist high.
5. Which of the tubes in the life raft begins to deflate as a result of the fish's actions on the side of the boat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan tries to force himself to think ___________ in order to come up with a solution for the leak in his boat.
2. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
3. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
4. What is suddenly mixed in with the water Callahan has been trying to collect in the canopy?
5. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)