|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Road of Trash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
2. Callahan tries to force himself to think ___________ in order to come up with a solution for the leak in his boat.
3. How many fish is Callahan able to catch, even though he is exhausted by his efforts, though his catch revives him?
4. Few people are hopeful that Callahan is alive back home, causing many to _______________.
(a) Look harder.
(b) Sail to find him.
(c) Tell the Coast Guard he is dead.
(d) Give up the search.
5. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
2. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
3. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
4. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
5. What has become a frozen lump of rust, not very effective for signalling to passing ships?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)