|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twice to Hell and Back.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
2. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
3. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
(a) He might be near the Equator.
(b) He might be heading back home.
(c) Land may be close.
(d) He may be veering off course.
4. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) Water for drinking.
(b) More fish.
(c) His dry clothing.
(d) His journal.
5. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(a) Science fiction.
(c) Sea survival.
(d) A family who misses their sailing relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan use in order to try to fix the breach in the life raft as caused by the fish?
2. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
3. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
4. What is polluting the water which is being captured in the solar still, according to Callahan's observations?
5. Callahan decides that the ______________ is the best way for him to catch fish on the boat, despite other method attempts.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)