|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To Weave a World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Rogue wave.
(c) Hail storm.
(d) Lightning bolt.
2. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A shark in the boat.
(c) Another sailor.
(d) A broken solar still.
3. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(b) The bay.
(c) The shore.
4. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(a) His crew members.
(b) The local authorities.
(c) His family.
5. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The sea.
(b) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
2. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
3. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
5. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)