|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through To Weave a World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 kilometers.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 1000 miles.
(d) 600 miles.
2. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
3. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) His clothing.
(b) Solar stills.
(c) His food supply.
(d) The EPIRB.
4. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
5. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
2. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
3. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
4. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
5. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)