|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
2. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
3. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Hail storm.
(b) Rogue wave.
(c) Lightning bolt.
4. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) Another sailor.
(d) A shark in the boat.
5. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) His flares.
(b) His life raft.
(c) The EPIRB.
(d) A box of supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
2. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
3. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
4. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
5. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)