|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
2. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(a) Another boat.
(c) His ex-wife.
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(b) A flare gun.
(c) His army knife.
(d) A novel.
5. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Napoleon Solo.
(b) Trans Mat.
(c) Ponce de Leon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
2. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
4. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
5. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)