|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
2. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
(a) The safety seal.
(b) The Velcro.
(c) The chain.
(d) The rope.
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The sea.
(b) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
4. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) Another sailor.
(c) A broken solar still.
(d) A shark in the boat.
5. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
2. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
3. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)