|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
2. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Coast Guard helicopter.
(b) Cruise ship.
(d) Race boat.
3. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) Coffee mug.
(b) His shoe.
(c) A jelly jar.
(d) Coffee can.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) Can of peanuts.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A candy bar.
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
3. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
4. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
5. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)