|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The sea.
2. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) Solar stills.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The EPIRB.
(d) His food supply.
3. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
4. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The sides.
(b) A sail.
(c) The mast.
(d) Tent like canopy.
5. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 16.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 10.
(d) February 5.
Short Answer Questions
1. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
2. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
3. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
4. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
5. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)