|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The sea.
2. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
3. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) His shoe.
(b) Coffee can.
(c) A jelly jar.
(d) Coffee mug.
4. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
5. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(b) An inspection.
(c) He gathers extra water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
2. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
5. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)