|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
2. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
3. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) A piece of bread.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) Can of peanuts.
4. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Cruise ship.
(b) Coast Guard helicopter.
(d) Race boat.
5. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
2. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
3. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
4. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
5. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)