|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 1000 miles.
(b) 600 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 600 kilometers.
2. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 16.
(b) February 10.
(c) February 5.
(d) February 4.
3. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) His alarm.
(b) A light.
(c) Loud bang.
4. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(b) Mr. Willoughby.
5. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) North Equatorial.
(b) South Equatorial.
(c) Atlantic Trough.
(d) Meridian Strait.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
2. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
4. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
5. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)