|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(b) Medical equipment.
2. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) Can of peanuts.
(d) A candy bar.
3. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 1000 miles.
(c) 600 miles.
(d) 600 kilometers.
4. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
5. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(b) He gathers extra water.
(c) An inspection.
(d) He signals for help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
2. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
3. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
4. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
5. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)