|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
2. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(b) A light.
(c) Loud bang.
(d) His alarm.
3. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Lightning bolt.
(c) Rogue wave.
(d) Hail storm.
5. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) Tent like canopy.
(c) The sides.
(d) A sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
2. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
3. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
4. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
5. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)