|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
2. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) Atlantic Trough.
(b) Meridian Strait.
(c) North Equatorial.
(d) South Equatorial.
3. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(a) Science fiction.
(b) Sea survival.
(c) A family who misses their sailing relative.
4. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(c) He gathers extra water.
(d) An inspection.
5. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 10.
(b) February 16.
(c) February 5.
(d) February 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
2. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
3. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
5. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)