|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(a) Another boat.
(c) His ex-wife.
2. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(a) A flare gun.
(c) His army knife.
(d) A novel.
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(b) An inspection.
(c) He gathers extra water.
4. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(b) Sea survival.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) A family who misses their sailing relative.
5. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(c) Medical equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
2. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
3. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)