|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(b) He gathers extra water.
(c) An inspection.
2. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A portion of the sail.
(b) A sticker.
(d) A piece of the rope.
3. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
4. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 20.
(b) February 25.
(c) February 21.
(d) February 4.
5. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) Lack of water.
(b) A bacterial infection.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) Salt water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
2. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
3. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
4. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
5. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)