|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
2. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
3. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(c) Another boat.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(a) Mr. Willoughby.
5. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(a) The bay.
(d) The shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
2. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
3. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
4. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
5. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)