|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
2. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 21.
(b) February 25.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 20.
3. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(b) His ex-wife.
(d) Another boat.
4. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) His clothing.
(b) Solar stills.
(c) His food supply.
(d) The EPIRB.
5. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Trans Mat.
(c) Ponce de Leon.
(d) Napoleon Solo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
2. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
3. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
4. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
5. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)