|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(d) No one.
2. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
3. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
4. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Knee high.
(b) Neck high.
(c) Ankle high.
(d) Waist high.
5. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
3. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
4. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
5. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)