|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(b) Each other.
(c) A pro like Callahan.
(d) Gale force winds.
2. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
3. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(d) Mr. Willoughby.
4. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) Another sailor.
(c) A shark in the boat.
(d) A broken solar still.
5. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Knee high.
(b) Neck high.
(c) Ankle high.
(d) Waist high.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
2. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
3. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
4. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
5. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)