|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 40 feet.
(b) 10 feet.
(c) 5 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
2. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 4.
(b) February 10.
(c) February 16.
(d) February 5.
3. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Rogue wave.
(b) Hail storm.
(c) Lightning bolt.
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) A light.
(c) His alarm.
(d) Loud bang.
5. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) A broken solar still.
(b) Another sailor.
(c) Water in the boat.
(d) A shark in the boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
2. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
3. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
4. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
5. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)