|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 miles.
(b) 1000 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 600 kilometers.
2. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(a) Mr. Willoughby.
3. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
4. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
5. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Cruise ship.
(c) Coast Guard helicopter.
(d) Race boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
3. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
4. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
5. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)