|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Knee high.
(c) Neck high.
(d) Ankle high.
2. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 21.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 20.
(d) February 25.
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) An inspection.
(c) He gathers extra water.
(d) He signals for help.
4. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
(a) The Velcro.
(b) The rope.
(c) The safety seal.
(d) The chain.
5. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Race boat.
(b) Coast Guard helicopter.
(c) Cruise ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
2. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
3. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
4. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
5. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)