|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Rogue wave.
(b) Lightning bolt.
(c) Hail storm.
2. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Coast Guard helicopter.
(c) Race boat.
(d) Cruise ship.
3. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) A shark in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) Water in the boat.
(d) Another sailor.
4. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Trans Mat.
(b) Napoleon Solo.
(d) Ponce de Leon.
5. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
2. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
3. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
4. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
5. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)