|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 40 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
5. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 1000 miles.
(b) 600 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 600 kilometers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
2. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
3. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
4. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
5. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)