|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(b) His thoughts.
(c) The sea.
2. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
(a) The rope.
(b) The safety seal.
(c) The Velcro.
(d) The chain.
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) A pro like Callahan.
(c) Gale force winds.
(d) Each other.
4. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) A box of supplies.
(c) His life raft.
(d) His flares.
5. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 20.
(b) February 21.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
2. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
3. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
4. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
5. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)