|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He gathers extra water.
(b) He signals for help.
(d) An inspection.
2. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Gale force winds.
(c) Each other.
(d) A pro like Callahan.
3. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Another sailor.
(b) A shark in the boat.
(c) A broken solar still.
(d) Water in the boat.
4. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
5. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(a) His soul.
(c) Chances of survival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
2. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
3. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
4. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
5. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)