|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 1000 miles.
(b) 600 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 600 kilometers.
2. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(a) His soul.
(b) Chances of survival.
3. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
4. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The sea.
5. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
2. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
3. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
4. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)