|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
2. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
3. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(a) His crew members.
(b) His family.
(c) The local authorities.
4. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 600 kilometers.
(d) 1000 miles.
5. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Rogue wave.
(c) Lightning bolt.
(d) Hail storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
2. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
3. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
4. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
5. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)