|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(b) A piece of the rope.
(c) A sticker.
(d) A portion of the sail.
2. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
(b) His family.
(c) The local authorities.
(d) His crew members.
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 5.
(b) February 16.
(c) February 10.
(d) February 4.
5. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A shark in the boat.
(c) A broken solar still.
(d) Another sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
2. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
3. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)