|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A sticker.
(c) A piece of the rope.
(d) A portion of the sail.
2. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
(a) One year.
(b) One day.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
3. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
(a) The Velcro.
(b) The chain.
(c) The rope.
(d) The safety seal.
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(b) No one.
5. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
Short Answer Questions
1. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
2. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
5. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)