|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A portion of the sail.
(c) A sticker.
(d) A piece of the rope.
2. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(b) Mr. Willoughby.
3. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Rogue wave.
(c) Lightning bolt.
(d) Hail storm.
4. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(b) The sea.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The weather.
5. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
2. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
3. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
4. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
5. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)