|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
2. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
3. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Cruise ship.
(b) Coast Guard helicopter.
(d) Race boat.
4. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 16.
(b) February 10.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 5.
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
2. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
3. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
4. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
5. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)