|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
(a) Trans Mat.
(b) Ponce de Leon.
(d) Napoleon Solo.
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Rogue wave.
(b) Hail storm.
(c) Lightning bolt.
3. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(c) Mr. Willoughby.
4. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 25.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 21.
(d) February 20.
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
2. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
3. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
4. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
5. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)