|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(d) No one.
2. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Each other.
(c) Gale force winds.
(d) A pro like Callahan.
4. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
5. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The weather.
(c) The sea.
(d) His thoughts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
2. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
3. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
4. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
5. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)