Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Death, Life, A Man Alone, and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
(a) Solar still.
(b) His EPIRB.
(c) The inner tube.
(d) His fishing spear.
2. Who corrects the issue with the Napoleon Solo's mistaken label which allows the search to continue?
(a) Callahan's family.
(b) Callahan's ex-wife.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) A journalist.
3. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
(d) Food supply.
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) His alarm.
(b) A light.
(c) Loud bang.
5. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
2. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
3. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
4. Callahan estimates that he is eighteen days from ___________ so he rations out his food in order to make it the duration of the trip.
5. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)