Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nerves Exposed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The sea.
(b) The weather.
(d) His thoughts.
2. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(d) Medical equipment.
3. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A piece of the rope.
(b) A sticker.
(c) A portion of the sail.
4. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(b) A pro like Callahan.
(c) Gale force winds.
(d) Each other.
5. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(a) Chances of survival.
(b) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
2. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
5. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)