|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
2. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
3. Callahan estimates that he is eighteen days from ___________ so he rations out his food in order to make it the duration of the trip.
4. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
(a) A freighter.
(b) A shark.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) His still falling into the sea.
5. Callahan even creates a contraption which might collect drinking water from the ______________.
(a) The wet sleeping bag.
(b) Fish's insides.
(c) The tarp.
(d) Misty air.
Short Answer Questions
1. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
2. What does Callahan catch, despite his weakness from the vomiting after drinking the water?
3. What does Callahan use in order to try to fix the breach in the life raft as caused by the fish?
4. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
5. Callahan sees the tragic waste of life and the tragic waste of food as ______________ for the day and the trip.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)