|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
2. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) Another boat.
3. Who corrects the issue with the Napoleon Solo's mistaken label which allows the search to continue?
(a) Callahan's family.
(b) A journalist.
(c) Callahan's ex-wife.
(d) The Coast Guard.
4. What helps to restore the good spirits and the energy to Callahan after a few days of suffering?
(a) A cloudy and cool day.
(b) A clear sky.
(c) The book he has on board.
(d) Dorado fish.
5. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(a) A flare gun.
(c) A novel.
(d) His army knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
2. What does Callahan use in order to create a makeshift sextant in order to plot his course?
3. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
4. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
5. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)