|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan thinks the only hope for him lies in finding the ____________ and getting rescued there.
(a) Florida Keys.
(b) Coast Guard station.
(c) West Indies.
2. What does Callahan catch, despite his weakness from the vomiting after drinking the water?
3. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
(a) No one is on deck.
(b) It is moving too quickly.
(c) He's not been reported missing.
(d) His flare gun doesn't work.
4. Catherine often called Callahan a ________ man when they were together, which has led him to little luck with romance.
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) Coffee can.
(b) Coffee mug.
(c) A jelly jar.
(d) His shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
2. Why does Callahan turn on his beacon after drinking some of the tainted water? What does he think he hears?
3. Why is it too difficult to fish at this point of the journey, according to Callahan?
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
5. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)