|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(b) A downpour.
(d) A storm.
2. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A sticker.
(b) A portion of the sail.
(c) A piece of the rope.
3. What is polluting the water which is being captured in the solar still, according to Callahan's observations?
(c) Bird excrement.
(d) Bird feathers.
4. What does a fish bite into, causing water to drain back out to sea, according to the observations of Callahan?
(a) The inner tube.
(b) Distillation bag.
(c) The outer tube.
(d) The bottom of the boat.
5. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
2. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
3. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
4. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
5. Callahan thinks the only hope for him lies in finding the ____________ and getting rescued there.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)