|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
2. Callahan feels __________ for killing the fish, even though he needs it for food in order to stay alive.
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Gale force winds.
(c) A pro like Callahan.
(d) Each other.
4. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
(a) He might be near the Equator.
(b) He might be heading back home.
(c) He may be veering off course.
(d) Land may be close.
5. What does Callahan lose as the raft begins to swirl around in a circle as he is attempting to navigate?
(a) The solar still.
(b) The map.
(c) His sextant.
(d) Precious time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes along with the sudden rainfall that Callahan encounters during his journey on the ocean in this section?
2. What does Callahan use from the radar reflector in order to help make a rain collector?
3. What does Callahan decide to use as a tip for his spear in order to fix the spear he has had for the duration of the trip?
4. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
5. What is Callahan sitting in for days since the boat continues to have problems with taking on water?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)