|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a fish bite into, causing water to drain back out to sea, according to the observations of Callahan?
(a) The outer tube.
(b) The bottom of the boat.
(c) The inner tube.
(d) Distillation bag.
2. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) His food supply.
(b) The EPIRB.
(c) Solar stills.
(d) His clothing.
3. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
(a) The sewing.
(b) The seams.
(c) The seal.
(d) The tape.
4. Callahan tries to force himself to think ___________ in order to come up with a solution for the leak in his boat.
5. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
2. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
3. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
4. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
5. Since he is thirsty enough, Callahan decides to drink water from the ____________, although it makes him sick.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)