|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(a) The bay.
(b) The shore.
2. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) A broken solar still.
(b) A shark in the boat.
(c) Water in the boat.
(d) Another sailor.
3. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
4. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
(a) His EPIRB.
(b) Solar still.
(c) The inner tube.
(d) His fishing spear.
5. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) His alarm.
(b) A light.
(d) Loud bang.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan realizes too that he is beginning to be unable to taste the _________ in the water.
2. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
3. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
4. Callahan begins to note the new _____________ in his new vicinity and location, which makes him curious as to where he is.
5. How often does Callahan need to pump air into the the lower tube of the raft since the fix didn't work?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)