|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan experience which helps him to endure the hot afternoon weather on his boat?
(a) A fever.
(b) A rainshower.
(c) A school of dolphins.
(d) A dream of his ex-wife.
2. Which of the knives has snapped off the end of the spearhead, leaving Callahan with a less than effective instrument?
(a) Butter knife.
(b) None of the knives has snapped off.
(c) Both knives.
(d) Leather knife.
3. What does Callahan use in order to try to fix the breach in the life raft as caused by the fish?
(b) A shoe.
4. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(a) The bay.
(b) The shore.
5. How many men are supposedly able to fit inside of the life raft Callahan now inhabits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
2. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
3. What does Callahan do with the space blanket? What does he decide to use it for now?
4. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
5. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)