|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the light by which Callahan eats when he successfully traps another dorado fish?
2. When the final solar still finally breaks, Callahan only has _______ and dorado for sustenance as well as his emergency water supply.
(d) Energy bars.
3. Who corrects the issue with the Napoleon Solo's mistaken label which allows the search to continue?
(a) Callahan's family.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) A journalist.
(d) Callahan's ex-wife.
4. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It goes missing one day.
(b) It rots clean through.
(c) It is broken off by a shark.
5. Callahan scans the horizon for __________ while being haunted by thoughts of food and drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the new contraption Callahan has made with the gun works, the __________ he catches is almost lost to the water in a struggle.
2. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
4. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)