|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) A shark in the boat.
(b) Water in the boat.
(c) A broken solar still.
(d) Another sailor.
2. What still requires constant attention in order to function properly and to help Callahan survive?
(a) His fishing spear.
(b) Solar still.
(c) His EPIRB.
(d) The inner tube.
3. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
4. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
(a) A large wave.
(b) A shark.
(c) His own carelessness.
5. Callahan believes that the water traffic will begin to pick up once he gets on the belt between Brazil and __________.
(d) The Andes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan decides that mankind is his ____________ and that he wants to live, even though he is in a terrible position.
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
3. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
4. What was the name of Callahan's ex-wife, who he remembers on what would have been another wedding anniversary?
5. When Callahan wakes up on March 19, he is still mourning the loss of the _____________ from the day before.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)