|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
2. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(b) Chances of survival.
(c) His soul.
3. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
(a) A passing boat.
(b) A rogue wave.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A ray of sunshine.
4. Which of the tubes in the life raft begins to deflate as a result of the fish's actions on the side of the boat?
5. Which of the knives has snapped off the end of the spearhead, leaving Callahan with a less than effective instrument?
(a) Butter knife.
(b) None of the knives has snapped off.
(c) Both knives.
(d) Leather knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
2. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
3. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
4. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
5. What is Callahan sitting in for days since the boat continues to have problems with taking on water?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)