|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
2. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
3. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) A shark in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) Water in the boat.
(d) Another sailor.
4. Callahan watches from a distance as __________ bring fresh water to the ocean, although he can not get to it.
5. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
(a) A large wave.
(c) A shark.
(d) His own carelessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Callahan careful not to mistake a static cloud for in the distance as he is sailing out in the sea?
2. Callahan is worried about his _______________, so he decides to do some yoga to see if that helps him at all.
3. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
4. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
5. What continues to cause Callahan's ship to be battered about the ocean, not adding to the comfort of Callahan?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)