|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(b) The sea.
(c) The weather.
(d) His thoughts.
2. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
3. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
4. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It rots clean through.
(b) It is broken off by a shark.
(c) It goes missing one day.
5. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
2. Callahan realizes that his ___________ is fragile at his point of the trip but he banishes the doubt from his mind.
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
5. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)