|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan imagines that someday his ex-wife might dine upon a __________ which fed upon his corpse.
(d) Sea urchin.
2. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
3. What Callahan did not know is that the Coast Guard did not list the Napoleon Solo as __________ since another ship was found.
4. What does Callahan believe to be possible about the warmer climes he is now encountering on his trip?
(a) He might be heading back home.
(b) He might be near the Equator.
(c) He may be veering off course.
(d) Land may be close.
5. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) Can of peanuts.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A candy bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan do with the space blanket? What does he decide to use it for now?
2. What does Callahan drape on the top of his boat in order to help it dry out and to keep the canopy area cool?
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
4. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
5. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)