|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) A sail.
(b) Tent like canopy.
(c) The mast.
(d) The sides.
2. Later, Callahan accidentally punches a hole in the ___________ of the boat, although he fixes it quickly.
3. What is Callahan careful not to mistake a static cloud for in the distance as he is sailing out in the sea?
(a) A fish.
(b) A mountain range.
(c) A person.
(d) A bag of trash.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(b) Can of peanuts.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A candy bar.
5. Which of the knives has snapped off the end of the spearhead, leaving Callahan with a less than effective instrument?
(a) Leather knife.
(b) Butter knife.
(c) Both knives.
(d) None of the knives has snapped off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
2. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
3. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
5. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)