|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(b) A downpour.
(c) A storm.
2. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
3. Callahan believes that the water traffic will begin to pick up once he gets on the belt between Brazil and __________.
(b) The Andes.
4. What jumps into Callahan's raft and he tries to use it for bait, though it is unsuccessful?
(a) Flying fish.
(b) Puffer fish.
5. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
2. Callahan's attention begins to be split between the _________ and the horizon as his situation grows ever more desperate.
3. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
4. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
5. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)