|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 kilometers.
(b) 600 miles.
(c) 1000 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
2. Which of the knives has snapped off the end of the spearhead, leaving Callahan with a less than effective instrument?
(a) Both knives.
(b) None of the knives has snapped off.
(c) Leather knife.
(d) Butter knife.
3. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
4. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
5. What does Callahan decide to use as a tip for his spear in order to fix the spear he has had for the duration of the trip?
(b) Butter knife.
(c) A pocket knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
2. What kind of fish does Callahan decide would yield more vitamins and minerals than other fish in the area?
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
5. By April 16th, Callahan is beginning to doubt his __________ as his morale and his outlook begin to spiral downward.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)