|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) A bright sail.
(c) An SOS flag.
(d) A flare gun.
2. What has come undone, allowing the life raft to part from the main boat after a while?
(a) The chain.
(b) The safety seal.
(c) The Velcro.
(d) The rope.
3. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
4. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 20 feet.
(c) 40 feet.
(d) 5 feet.
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
3. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
4. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
5. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)