|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) His thoughts.
(b) The weather.
(d) The sea.
2. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Knee high.
(b) Ankle high.
(c) Waist high.
(d) Neck high.
3. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(b) No one.
4. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) A jelly jar.
(b) His shoe.
(c) Coffee mug.
(d) Coffee can.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
2. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
3. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
4. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
5. Where does Callahan go to as a result of the storm which takes on his boat suddenly?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)