|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
2. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) A box of supplies.
(c) His flares.
(d) His life raft.
3. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) North Equatorial.
(b) South Equatorial.
(c) Atlantic Trough.
(d) Meridian Strait.
4. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(b) An SOS flag.
(c) A flare gun.
(d) A bright sail.
5. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
(a) February 5.
(b) February 4.
(c) February 10.
(d) February 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
2. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
3. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
4. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
5. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)