|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(b) The bay.
(d) The shore.
2. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
3. How long does it take for the Napoleon Solo to become seaworthy in order to attempt his desired journey?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One year.
(d) One day.
4. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 40 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
5. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
2. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
4. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
5. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)