|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Lack of food.
(c) Lack of water.
(d) A bacterial infection.
2. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
(a) Race boat.
(b) Cruise ship.
(d) Coast Guard helicopter.
3. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
(a) Going home.
(b) Taking on a passenger.
(c) Stocking up.
(d) Mooring for a while.
4. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
5. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Neck high.
(b) Ankle high.
(c) Waist high.
(d) Knee high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
2. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
3. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
4. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
5. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)