|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
2. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The sea.
(b) His thoughts.
(d) The weather.
3. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
4. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) Atlantic Trough.
(b) North Equatorial.
(c) Meridian Strait.
(d) South Equatorial.
5. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) Can of peanuts.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A candy bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. A passing __________ informs Callahan that all but four of the competitors are behind him.
2. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
3. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
4. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)