|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) South Equatorial.
(b) Atlantic Trough.
(c) Meridian Strait.
(d) North Equatorial.
2. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(a) Lightning bolt.
(c) Rogue wave.
(d) Hail storm.
3. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
4. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
(a) His shoe.
(b) Coffee mug.
(c) Coffee can.
(d) A jelly jar.
5. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Waist high.
(b) Knee high.
(c) Neck high.
(d) Ankle high.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
2. Which of the boats quickly takes the lead when the trans-Atlantic race finally begins at the start of the book?
3. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
4. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
5. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)