|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
2. Callahan, fueled by his dream, grows up to be a _________ and ship designer, eventually designing his own small craft.
3. What does Callahan wake to find in his boat when he decides to get some sleep during the storm?
(a) Water in the boat.
(b) A broken solar still.
(c) A shark in the boat.
(d) Another sailor.
4. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) Loud bang.
(b) His alarm.
(c) A light.
5. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
2. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
3. What kind of storms are raging in the Atlantic before the start of the trans-Atlantic race?
4. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
5. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)