|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 25.
(b) February 20.
(c) February 4.
(d) February 21.
2. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) The sea.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) The weather.
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(c) No one.
5. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
(a) 5 feet.
(b) 40 feet.
(c) 20 feet.
(d) 10 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
2. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
3. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
4. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
5. The strobe light atop the ship's ________ continues to blink as Callahan watches the boat move away from him.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)