|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A portion of the sail.
(c) A sticker.
(d) A piece of the rope.
2. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
(c) The bay.
(d) The shore.
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
(a) A bright sail.
(b) A flare gun.
(c) An SOS flag.
5. What does Callahan notice his boat is reluctant to do as he is getting ready to leave it as it begins to take on water?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
2. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
3. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
4. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
5. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)