|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the new crew member Callahan takes on, although this person leaves him a short while later?
(d) Mr. Willoughby.
2. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) A pro like Callahan.
(c) Each other.
(d) Gale force winds.
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) His thoughts.
(c) The sea.
(d) The weather.
4. Who travels with Callahan during his first trip near the Scilly Isles on the way to Penzance?
(d) No one.
5. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
2. While he is taking a risk by not going out to __________, Callahan decides that taking the shorter route is the best for his chances of winning.
3. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
4. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
5. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)