|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
(a) February 21.
(b) February 20.
(c) February 25.
(d) February 4.
2. In order to speed up his movement, Callahan decides to pull up the raft's underwater _____________.
3. The racers and the supporters of the racers argue the wisdom of sailing against ______________.
(a) Gale force winds.
(c) Each other.
(d) A pro like Callahan.
4. Callahan considers ___________ but decides instead to get started on his journey across the water.
(a) Stocking up.
(b) Taking on a passenger.
(c) Mooring for a while.
(d) Going home.
5. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
(a) His clothing.
(b) Solar stills.
(c) His food supply.
(d) The EPIRB.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
2. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
3. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
4. Which people are constantly amazed Callahan has come so far in such a little boat?
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)