|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Witch and Her Curse: Hunger and Thirst.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
(a) A sticker.
(c) A portion of the sail.
(d) A piece of the rope.
2. From where does Callahan begin his adventure to the other side of the ocean on January 29th?
3. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) His thoughts.
(c) The weather.
(d) The sea.
4. How long is the race that Callahan wants to enter in order to find out whether he is fit for a trans-Atlantic trip?
(a) 600 kilometers.
(b) 600 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 1000 miles.
5. What doesn't the Italian vessel respond to when Callahan passes it during the course of the race?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
2. How high are the waves that Callahan faces when he decides that he wants to squeak past the Finisterre?
3. Through the fog and freighter traffic, the Napoleon Solo sails into ____________ to start the race.
4. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
5. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)