|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dutchman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
(a) Continental shelf.
(b) Shipping lane.
2. When Callahan finds a strange mass in the ocean, he dines on the small __________ and shrimp which are located there.
3. What does Callahan come across as he is sailing around on April 6th on the ocean?
(a) A sand bar.
(b) A stretch of trash and pollution.
(c) A ship.
(d) A deserted island.
4. About a week into the storm, Callahan begins to worry about a ____________ tossing his small ship down a liquid avalanche.
(b) Rogue wave.
(c) Hail storm.
(d) Lightning bolt.
5. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
2. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
3. What does Callahan decide to use in order to fix up the hole that continues to blow out in his boat?
4. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
5. Callahan begins to dream at night of the ___________ his body lacks as a result of his struggle to survive.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)