|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
(a) The sewing.
(b) The seams.
(c) The seal.
(d) The tape.
2. What does Callahan feel are now exposed since he has lost his boat and all of its security?
(b) Chances of survival.
(d) His soul.
3. What does Callahan lay down in order to protect his raft from further damage as he is fishing for food?
(a) His sleeping bag.
(b) A tarp.
(d) The canopy top.
4. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(a) A family who misses their sailing relative.
(b) Sea survival.
(d) Science fiction.
5. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
(a) A shark.
(b) A friendly dolphin.
(c) A loud storm.
(d) A freighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
2. What does Callahan think he hears when he is resting beneath the canopy of his boat?
3. Callahan wonders how close he is to the _____________ as he works to keep the lower tube of the raft inflated.
4. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
5. On what date so the storms come up, causing Callahan to think he might not reach his destination on his desired schedule?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)