|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unbeknownst to Callahan, __________ has been trying to rescue him, but has been facing an uncooperative Coast Guard.
(a) His wife.
(b) His family.
(c) The military.
(d) The President.
2. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) His flares.
(b) The EPIRB.
(c) His life raft.
(d) A box of supplies.
3. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(b) It is broken off by a shark.
(c) It rots clean through.
(d) It goes missing one day.
4. What does Callahan catch when he tries to do some line fishing on the boat in order to catch food in a new way?
(d) Puffer fish.
5. What is in the triggerfish that Callahan finds, which adds to the nutrition he is able to enjoy?
(d) Sea greens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
2. The ___________ proves difficult to clean as well as providing little sustenance in return for the effort.
3. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
4. What does Callahan rip off of the boat before he finally leaves it for the last time?
5. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)