|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan begins to note the new _____________ in his new vicinity and location, which makes him curious as to where he is.
(a) Weather patterns.
2. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
(a) No one is on deck.
(b) He's not been reported missing.
(c) It is moving too quickly.
(d) His flare gun doesn't work.
3. The drying stores of meat in the boat sag down to the floor, causing them to turn rancid because of the _____________.
4. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
5. What does Callahan struggle to release as soon as he finds himself in water waist deep?
(a) The EPIRB.
(b) A box of supplies.
(c) His flares.
(d) His life raft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proves to be troublesome as Callahan continues on his journey of survival on the raft?
2. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
3. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
4. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
5. What does Callahan eat the last of after the soup that he makes, though he is still realizes he is malnourished?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)