|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The sides.
(b) Tent like canopy.
(c) The mast.
(d) A sail.
2. While Callahan appreciates the simple __________ of the natural world, he still yearns to be rescued from his condition.
3. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
(a) The tape.
(b) The seal.
(c) The seams.
(d) The sewing.
4. Callahan becomes _________ at the sight of his lost boat and his lost dream, it seems.
5. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the tubes in the life raft begins to deflate as a result of the fish's actions on the side of the boat?
2. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. What helps to restore the good spirits and the energy to Callahan after a few days of suffering?
5. What revives Callahan during his moment of health crisis when he is cleaning a dorado on the boat?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)