|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
2. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) His journal.
(b) His dry clothing.
(c) More fish.
(d) Water for drinking.
3. What does Callahan do in order to get himself ready for the worsening storm before going to bed?
(a) He signals for help.
(b) An inspection.
(c) He gathers extra water.
4. Which is the slowest ocean current that Callahan is following at first, according to his calculations?
(a) North Equatorial.
(b) South Equatorial.
(c) Meridian Strait.
(d) Atlantic Trough.
5. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
(a) His own carelessness.
(b) A shark.
(c) A large wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
2. Callahan realizes that his survival depends on his ability to make fresh _____________.
3. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
4. Callahan's need for __________ completely contradicts his need for food, water, and shelter.
5. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)