|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(a) Medical equipment.
2. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
3. Which of the tubes in the life raft begins to deflate as a result of the fish's actions on the side of the boat?
4. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
5. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) His journal.
(b) Water for drinking.
(c) His dry clothing.
(d) More fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan mount on the top of the canopy in order to try to collect any rainwater when the storms come up?
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
3. How might Callahan be described as he is alone in the sailboat once more on his journey?
4. What is Callahan sitting in for days since the boat continues to have problems with taking on water?
5. Callahan sees the tragic waste of life and the tragic waste of food as ______________ for the day and the trip.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)