|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decides to loiter around the boat, causing Callahan to have troubles sleeping one night while he is already thirst and depressed?
(a) A shark.
(b) A loud storm.
(c) A freighter.
(d) A friendly dolphin.
2. What causes damage to the better functioning solar still, further making Callahan upset with his situation?
(a) A shark.
(b) His own carelessness.
(c) A large wave.
3. When Callahan wakes up on March 19, he is still mourning the loss of the _____________ from the day before.
(a) Solar still.
4. What does Callahan almost miss while he is distracted by the memories playing out in his mind?
(a) A freighter.
(b) A shark.
(c) His still falling into the sea.
(d) The Coast Guard.
5. What is in the soup of rainwater that gives Callahan something new and different to eat in his diet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan use in order to try to fix the breach in the life raft as caused by the fish?
2. How many pounds of meat are hanging inside the canopy to dry out to be eaten at a later time?
3. Callahan uses loops of ___________ to help fix the speargun that he has cracked over time and with repeated use.
4. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
5. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)