|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Callahan's __________ day at sea, he is cleaning out a dorado fish when he has a health issue.
2. Unbeknownst to Callahan, __________ has been trying to rescue him, but has been facing an uncooperative Coast Guard.
(a) The military.
(b) His wife.
(c) The President.
(d) His family.
3. Why doesn't anyone on the freighter that Callahan spots see that he is signaling them to see him?
(a) He's not been reported missing.
(b) No one is on deck.
(c) It is moving too quickly.
(d) His flare gun doesn't work.
4. What does Callahan call 'dangerously capricious' when he is writing down his thoughts in his journal?
(a) His thoughts.
(c) The sea.
(d) The weather.
5. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
2. __________ wind would mean faster travel, although it does present its own set of difficulties when a person is trying to sail.
3. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
4. What is Callahan sitting in for days since the boat continues to have problems with taking on water?
5. With what does Callahan bail out sea water from the boat as he is drifting in the ocean?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)