|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Callahan up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the storm after he went to bed?
(a) Loud bang.
(b) His alarm.
(c) A light.
2. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
(b) Food options.
(c) Water needs.
3. After two difficult storms, Callahan declares his absolute _____________ for the lifestyle he is living in the boat.
4. Callahan comes to realize that his dreams are dependent on his survival in the ___________ world.
5. Callahan's need for __________ completely contradicts his need for food, water, and shelter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
3. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
4. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
5. Remembering a conversation with his _________ helps Callahan to maintain a more stoic demeanor on his boat.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)