|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Training and __________ take over when Callahan is getting himself ready to move to the life raft.
2. In the dead of the night, Callahan has to fight off _________ in order to make sure that he is safe and secure in his boat.
(b) A downpour.
(c) A storm.
3. Callahan is plagued by ________ and loss at all of the items he was not able to bring with him on the raft.
4. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) His journal.
(b) His dry clothing.
(c) Water for drinking.
(d) More fish.
5. How high is the water in the boat as it begins to take on water after Callahan wakes up from his deep sleep?
(a) Neck high.
(b) Knee high.
(c) Ankle high.
(d) Waist high.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan hopes to be rescued within ________ days at sea, although he knows of stories of sailors who were at sea for many months.
2. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
3. What almost overcomes Callahan as he is out on the boat cleaning up a fish so as to not waste any of the parts?
4. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
5. When does Callahan hope to reach his destination on his journey across the ocean?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)