|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cries and Whispers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The power strap of Callahan's _____________ gun has fallen loose and now sinks below the waves.
2. What isn't tight enough to keep the boat from losing air after the damage was done by the fish?
(a) The tape.
(b) The sewing.
(c) The seams.
(d) The seal.
3. What does Callahan use in order to try to fix the breach in the life raft as caused by the fish?
(b) A shoe.
4. Callahan begins to ponder all of the __________ that he did not bring with him on the life raft.
(d) Medical equipment.
5. What has caused all of the sores and boils on Callahan's body as he has been sitting in his life raft?
(a) Lack of food.
(b) Lack of water.
(c) Salt water.
(d) A bacterial infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
2. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
3. With the wide range of _____________, only the dawn and the dusk give Callahan any relief during his trip.
4. Callahan's need for __________ completely contradicts his need for food, water, and shelter.
5. In order to handle the fish which continue to batter his ship, Callahan refines his ___________ technique.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)