|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Road of Trash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
2. What does Callahan use in order to create a makeshift sextant in order to plot his course?
(b) Rubber bands.
3. What happens to the bottom of the older solar still, even with the many efforts of Callahan to fix it?
(a) It goes missing one day.
(b) It is broken off by a shark.
(d) It rots clean through.
4. What does Callahan eat on his birthday in order to have a small celebration?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) Can of peanuts.
(c) A piece of bread.
5. What is the Dougal Robertson book about, the book which Callahan did bring with him?
(b) Sea survival.
(c) Science fiction.
(d) A family who misses their sailing relative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Callahan successfully kill with a lucky shot, though he is not able to bring it on board?
2. While Callahan appreciates the simple __________ of the natural world, he still yearns to be rescued from his condition.
3. Callahan realizes it will take him about ________ days to reach the shipping lanes in the ocean.
4. How much faster can the raft go when Callahan takes the action he does as described in #52?
5. Callahan tries to keep his own spirits up by distracting himself with _______ and daydreams.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)