|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Road of Trash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has become a frozen lump of rust, not very effective for signalling to passing ships?
(a) The space blanket.
(b) The Harpoon gun.
(c) Callahan himself.
(d) His flare gun.
2. What does Callahan scramble to collect when there is a sudden rainfall on his boat?
(a) More fish.
(b) His journal.
(c) Water for drinking.
(d) His dry clothing.
3. What gives Callahan barely enough room to sit upright in the raft, let alone stretch out his full body?
(a) The mast.
(b) The sides.
(c) Tent like canopy.
(d) A sail.
4. Callahan begins to appreciate how much better suited the local ____________ are to the area.
(a) Fish life.
(d) Plant life.
5. What did Callahan pack which he felt he had good luck in bringing with him, though he hadn't expected to use it?
(b) A novel.
(c) His army knife.
(d) A flare gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
2. What does a fish bite into, causing water to drain back out to sea, according to the observations of Callahan?
3. Callahan begins to realize that __________ are another reality he is able to perceive when he is on the boat.
4. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
5. Callahan is grateful that he will benefit from the unfortunate experiences of others, but fears his _________ may not be enough.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)