|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Road of Trash.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Callahan takes great comfort in the idea that if he does not survive, then his ___________ will tell his story.
2. How often does Callahan need to pump air into the the lower tube of the raft since the fix didn't work?
(a) Every single minute.
(b) Every 10 minutes.
(c) Every 30 minutes.
(d) He doesn't.
3. Callahan actually begins to feel saddened by the loss of another ____________ when he kills and eats the fish.
(d) Sea creature.
4. Why is it too difficult to fish at this point of the journey, according to Callahan?
(a) The fish are gone.
(b) The seas are rough.
(c) The nets are broken.
(d) The spear isn't working.
5. What remained inflated with the new sticky gum fix that Callahan comes up with during his ill state?
(a) The upper tube.
(b) The inner tube.
(c) The lower tube.
(d) Solar still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the destination that Callahan aims for since he does not want to end up having to sail for 30 more days?
2. What does Callahan realize he might need to do in order to hydrate himself if he can not get fresh water?
3. What does Callahan use in the hope that he might be found and rescued by its beacon?
4. Callahan decides it is his __________ which allows him to survive in the boat and in the world.
5. What does Callahan improvise with a length of tubing, a part of the blanket, and some twine?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)