|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ms. Traudl Humps?
2. When did Hitler renew his campaign against Czechoslovakia?
3. Who was told he must surrender his country to German occupation?
4. When the Russo-Finnish war ended, who did Stalin sign a trade treaty with?
5. Who was dismissed because people thought he married a prostitute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hitler formulate an attack on the Soviet Union in 1941?
2. What happened at a meeting between Austrian Chancellor Schuschnigg and Hitler in 1937?
3. What were the Nuremberg Laws?
4. What happened when Italy joins the war?
5. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
6. What did Hitler confide in Traudl about?
7. Who creates problems for the death camps?
8. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
9. When and why did Hitler threaten an "annihilation" of the Jews?
10. What happened when Hitler tried to mount another summer offensive in 1943?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 2
Why did Hitler become suicidal? Did he no longer want to live or would he rather have controlled his own fate than die at someone else's hand? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the acceptance of the public was important enough to Hitler for him to change his speeches? Example how he changes to be accepted by the public.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)