|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hitler forced to do after there was a pro-British coup?
2. Which two Nazis were fanning the flames of anti-Jewish riots in the late 1930s?
3. How did Hitler denounce the Anglo-German Naval Treaty?
4. What happened to the time bomb placed on Hitler's plane?
5. When the Soviets moved into eastern Poland, what kind of opposition did they have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the Soviets successful with a trap set in 1942?
2. What happened to Hitler's half-sister Angela?
3. How did Britain ward off an attack by the Germans?
4. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
5. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
6. Who creates problems for the death camps?
7. What did Hitler confide in Traudl about?
8. What was the story that Hitler made up to his friend Frau Troost about the British Army massacre?
9. What happened when Italy joins the war?
10. What happened at a meeting between Austrian Chancellor Schuschnigg and Hitler in 1937?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of resistance formed against Hitler's Jewish concentration camps, and why wasn't it big enough to stop the mass killings that happened there?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Hitler become suicidal? Did he no longer want to live or would he rather have controlled his own fate than die at someone else's hand? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hitler and Stalin as leaders.
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)