|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hitler send to rescue Mussolini in 1943?
2. Frau Troost was the widow of a man with what kind of career?
3. What was it called when the Jews were sent to concentration camps?
4. Which policy did Hitler reverse that contributed to the rage in Italy?
5. Who was Ms. Traudl Humps?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Britain ward off an attack by the Germans?
2. What happened when Hitler tried to mount another summer offensive in 1943?
3. When and why did Hitler threaten an "annihilation" of the Jews?
4. What happened to Hitler's half-sister Angela?
5. Why did Hitler formulate an attack on the Soviet Union in 1941?
6. What were the Nuremberg Laws?
7. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
8. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
9. What did Hitler confide in Traudl about?
10. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Hitler and Stalin as leaders.
Essay Topic 2
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)