|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the summer Olympics of 1936 mean for Hitler?
2. Where were the Facist movements happening?
3. What was it called when the Jews were sent to concentration camps?
4. In 1942, why did Hitler rage against Gen. Jodl?
5. Who did Hitler send to rescue Mussolini in 1943?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
2. Why did Hitler formulate an attack on the Soviet Union in 1941?
3. What did Hitler's deal with the Slovak's entail?
4. What did Hitler do when he is anxious?
5. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
6. Why did Hitler say Slavic peoples should also be killed, in addition to Jews?
7. What happened when Hitler met with the leaders of Vichy France?
8. How did Britain ward off an attack by the Germans?
9. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
10. What did Goebbels do to fall out of favor with Hitler, and how did he get back in his good graces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Hitler's health problems and the relationships he turned to for help and support during times of ill health. How did his health, both mental and physical, affect his ability to lead?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think history would be different had Adolf Hitler become a priest rather than a politician? What might have changed during the 1940s? What may have happened anyway?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hitler's controlling personality make him desire to not only conquer Germany, but all of Europe? Why was being the leader of Germany not good enough for him?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)