|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Germany attack at the same time as Norway?
2. When the Soviets moved into eastern Poland, what kind of opposition did they have?
3. How did the mass murder of Jews occur at a Belzec camp?
4. Who put pressure on Ribbentrop to sign a deal with Stalin?
5. Where was German's surprise attack on May 13th?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
2. What were the Nuremberg Laws?
3. What happened to Hitler's half-sister Angela?
4. Why did Hitler say Slavic peoples should also be killed, in addition to Jews?
5. What did Goebbels do to fall out of favor with Hitler, and how did he get back in his good graces?
6. What did Hitler do when he is anxious?
7. What did Hitler's deal with the Slovak's entail?
8. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
9. Why was Hitler furious at Schacht in 1935?
10. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the meaning behind the "deportation to the East." Why is important for Hitler to get the Jews out of the country? And what does the way the Jews were killed say about the Nazi's ultimate plan for all Jews in the country?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different ways Hitler manipulated the country into following his message of blaming the Jews.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)