|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1942, why did Hitler rage against Gen. Jodl?
2. What did Hitler keep out of schools?
3. When was Hitler's deadline to attack Poland in 1939?
4. When the Russo-Finnish war ended, who did Stalin sign a trade treaty with?
5. What was it called when the Jews were sent to concentration camps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of deals did Hitler make about Franco and how did he feel about winning British support in 1936?
2. Why did Hitler say Slavic peoples should also be killed, in addition to Jews?
3. What did Hitler do when he is anxious?
4. What were the Nuremberg Laws?
5. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
6. What happened when Italy joins the war?
7. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
8. What happened at a meeting between Austrian Chancellor Schuschnigg and Hitler in 1937?
9. What did Hitler's deal with the Slovak's entail?
10. What happened when Hitler tried to mount another summer offensive in 1943?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think the acceptance of the public was important enough to Hitler for him to change his speeches? Example how he changes to be accepted by the public.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of resistance formed against Hitler's Jewish concentration camps, and why wasn't it big enough to stop the mass killings that happened there?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)