|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Youth Labor Service?
2. Why was former British Prime Minister Lloyd George impressed with Hitler?
3. Who did Eva Braun eventually drive out of Hitler's home?
4. Who did Ernst Hanfstaengl flee with?
5. In Italy, what was Mussolini about to seize in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hitler do when he is anxious?
2. Why was Hitler furious at Schacht in 1935?
3. What did Hitler's deal with the Slovak's entail?
4. What did Goebbels do to fall out of favor with Hitler, and how did he get back in his good graces?
5. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
6. What did Hitler confide in Traudl about?
7. What happened when Italy joins the war?
8. Why did Hitler formulate an attack on the Soviet Union in 1941?
9. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
10. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 2
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Hitler's health problems and the relationships he turned to for help and support during times of ill health. How did his health, both mental and physical, affect his ability to lead?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)