|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stomach pills did Dr. Theo Morell give Hitler?
2. Who was in charge of the British cabinet who wanted to work with Hitler?
3. What happened to the time bomb placed on Hitler's plane?
4. What was the name of Hitler's boyhood friend?
5. Where were the Facist movements happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
2. What did Hitler do when he is anxious?
3. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
4. What did Goebbels do to fall out of favor with Hitler, and how did he get back in his good graces?
5. By the end of 1935, where were Hitler and the Nazis sending Jews?
6. What kind of deals did Hitler make about Franco and how did he feel about winning British support in 1936?
7. When and why did Hitler threaten an "annihilation" of the Jews?
8. What was the story that Hitler made up to his friend Frau Troost about the British Army massacre?
9. What happened when Hitler tried to mount another summer offensive in 1943?
10. Who creates problems for the death camps?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler took advantage of the problems in Germany to blame the Jews and help his rise to power. Explore why you think people were so desperate for a new leader. What kinds of government problems had filtered down to the average citizen?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 3
How did Hitler's controlling personality make him desire to not only conquer Germany, but all of Europe? Why was being the leader of Germany not good enough for him?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)