|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hitler relax in the summer of 1932?
2. What eventually happened to the chief of Bohemia and Moravia?
3. Who was shocked that Hitler was intent on war in 1939?
4. Where did the November 1938 shooting take place?
5. When was Hitler's deadline to attack Poland in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Hitler confide in Traudl about?
2. Why did Hitler formulate an attack on the Soviet Union in 1941?
3. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
4. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
5. When and why did Hitler threaten an "annihilation" of the Jews?
6. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
7. What happened when Hitler tried to mount another summer offensive in 1943?
8. Who creates problems for the death camps?
9. Why was Hitler furious at Schacht in 1935?
10. How were the Soviets successful with a trap set in 1942?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the source of Hitler's hate against the Jews, and in what ways did this hate affect the lives of the Jewish?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler took advantage of the problems in Germany to blame the Jews and help his rise to power. Explore why you think people were so desperate for a new leader. What kinds of government problems had filtered down to the average citizen?
Essay Topic 3
How did Hitler's controlling personality make him desire to not only conquer Germany, but all of Europe? Why was being the leader of Germany not good enough for him?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)