|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
2. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
3. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
4. What did Alois do for a career?
5. Who helped Hitler with his project in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hitler try to split the Bavarian leadership?
2. Describe the infamous Mefo-bill scheme.
3. Describe the Nazi party's comeback after the election of February 1932.
4. Why was HItler barred from public speaking after his trial?
5. What was family life like growing up for Adolf?
6. In the beginning of Hitler's rise to leadership, how did members get along together at Nazi party meetings?
7. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
8. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
9. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
10. What kind of backing did Hitler get from powerful financial figures and how did it help his rise to power?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different ways Hitler manipulated the country into following his message of blaming the Jews.
Essay Topic 2
Why did Hitler become suicidal? Did he no longer want to live or would he rather have controlled his own fate than die at someone else's hand? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Hitler's strengths as a leader compared to the current leader of Germany at that time.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)