|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hitler paroled?
2. What happened to the national crisis when a new stable currency was created?
3. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
4. What did Alois do for a career?
5. What was the name of the young shopkeeper that came into Hitler's life after he was paroled?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
2. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
3. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
4. Where does the name Hitler come from?
5. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
6. What kind of reaction did Hitler get from the judge at his trial in Munich?
7. How did Hitler's carefulness about his radical program pay off in 1928?
8. How did Hitler try to emulate the dictator of Italy?
9. When Adolf moves to Linz when he is a teenager, what did he dream about becoming?
10. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Adolf Hitler's childhood affect and shape him later in life? Be sure to talk about his ancestry, his parents and schooling.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Hitler tried to downplay his prison stay to the public, and where is really was when he is writing his book.
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)