|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hitler's trial in Munich, what did Hitler hope for?
2. Where did Hitler take a holiday after Christmas 1924?
3. Where was deal set to put Hitler in power in January 1933?
4. Who investigated the Nazi party from the U.S.?
5. What political tendencies did Josef Goebbels have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
2. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
3. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
4. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
5. How did Hitler's carefulness about his radical program pay off in 1928?
6. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
7. What happened when the U.S. Ambassador investigates Hitler?
8. What was Hitler's relationship with Hanfstaengl?
9. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
10. What do readers learn in the beginning of the book about Hitler's interest in politics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler took advantage of the problems in Germany to blame the Jews and help his rise to power. Explore why you think people were so desperate for a new leader. What kinds of government problems had filtered down to the average citizen?
Essay Topic 2
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of resistance formed against Hitler's Jewish concentration camps, and why wasn't it big enough to stop the mass killings that happened there?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)