|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
2. Why was Hitler jailed for a few weeks after the Allies demanded more war reparations from Germany?
3. What was Adolf's mother's name?
4. How was the Nazi party able to purchase a newspaper?
5. What kind of festivals did Adolf like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
2. Describe the Nazi party's comeback after the election of February 1932.
3. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
4. What changed for Rohm and Strasser after Hitler's trial?
5. What happened when the U.S. Ambassador investigates Hitler?
6. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
7. What was Hitler's relationship with Hanfstaengl?
8. How did Hitler's carefulness about his radical program pay off in 1928?
9. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
10. When Adolf moves to Linz when he is a teenager, what did he dream about becoming?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Hitler and Stalin as leaders.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Adolf's life with his roommate in Linz. What kind of success does one have other the other? How did this affect Adolf?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)