|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ran for re-election against Hitler in Feb. 1932?
2. Who did Goring try to get a loan from when he went to Venice?
3. What was Alois's nickname when he was born?
4. Whose inheritance did Alois receive?
5. How long did it take Russia to be defeated, as described in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
2. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
3. How did Hitler care for his mother when he was just a teen?
4. What kind of reaction did Hitler get from the judge at his trial in Munich?
5. Describe the infamous Mefo-bill scheme.
6. Why was HItler barred from public speaking after his trial?
7. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
8. How did Hitler survive homelessness?
9. What was family life like growing up for Adolf?
10. What changed for Rohm and Strasser after Hitler's trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the women in Hitler's life. How are they alike? Different?
Essay Topic 2
Hitler took advantage of the problems in Germany to blame the Jews and help his rise to power. Explore why you think people were so desperate for a new leader. What kinds of government problems had filtered down to the average citizen?
Essay Topic 3
How do you think history would be different had Adolf Hitler become a priest rather than a politician? What might have changed during the 1940s? What may have happened anyway?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)