|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship did Alois have with Adolf?
2. Why was Hitler jailed for a few weeks after the Allies demanded more war reparations from Germany?
3. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
4. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
5. When did Hitler decide to become a politician?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Adolf was little, what were his career aspirations?
2. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
3. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
4. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
5. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
6. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
7. What did the newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, become to the Nazi party?
8. In the beginning of Hitler's rise to leadership, how did members get along together at Nazi party meetings?
9. What was Hitler's relationship with Hanfstaengl?
10. What happened when the U.S. Ambassador investigates Hitler?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Adolf's life with his roommate in Linz. What kind of success does one have other the other? How did this affect Adolf?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 3
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)