|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Adolf move when he went to school in Linz?
2. When did Hitler decide to become a politician?
3. When Adolf began to speak to large crowds, what agreement did he attack?
4. What happened when Eva Braun shot herself in 1932?
5. At Hitler's trial in Munich, who did the judge sympathize with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
2. How was the nation totally brought under the grip of the Nazis in 1933?
3. What kind of backing did Hitler get from powerful financial figures and how did it help his rise to power?
4. How did Hitler survive homelessness?
5. How did Hitler care for his mother when he was just a teen?
6. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
7. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
8. Why was HItler barred from public speaking after his trial?
9. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
10. When Adolf was little, what were his career aspirations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hitler took advantage of the problems in Germany to blame the Jews and help his rise to power. Explore why you think people were so desperate for a new leader. What kinds of government problems had filtered down to the average citizen?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and outline the key players in the Tripartite Pact and what the pact involved.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)