|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many military cadets joined the takeover when Rohm marched with Nazi forces?
2. In his early years as a leader to his party, what did Hitler say Jews should be denied?
3. Where was Hitler when he decided to become a politician?
4. How was the Nazi party able to purchase a newspaper?
5. How did Hitler use the phrase "Mein Kampf"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
2. How did Hitler survive homelessness?
3. What happened when the U.S. Ambassador investigates Hitler?
4. When Adolf moves to Linz when he is a teenager, what did he dream about becoming?
5. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
6. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
7. How was the nation totally brought under the grip of the Nazis in 1933?
8. In the beginning of Hitler's rise to leadership, how did members get along together at Nazi party meetings?
9. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
10. Where does the name Hitler come from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Adolf's life with his roommate in Linz. What kind of success does one have other the other? How did this affect Adolf?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 3
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)