|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
2. What did Baron Kurt von Schroeder do for Hitler?
3. When the book begins, what is described in the trenches of Belgium?
4. When Adolf began to speak to large crowds, what agreement did he attack?
5. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changed for Rohm and Strasser after Hitler's trial?
2. What did the newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, become to the Nazi party?
3. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
4. Describe the infamous Mefo-bill scheme.
5. What do readers learn in the beginning of the book about Hitler's interest in politics?
6. What was Hitler's relationship with Hanfstaengl?
7. How did Hitler's carefulness about his radical program pay off in 1928?
8. When Adolf was little, what were his career aspirations?
9. What kind of backing did Hitler get from powerful financial figures and how did it help his rise to power?
10. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 3
How did Adolf Hitler's childhood affect and shape him later in life? Be sure to talk about his ancestry, his parents and schooling.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)