|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
2. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
3. What kind of relationship did Alois have with Adolf?
4. Who did Hindenburg refuse to appoint as Chancellor?
5. Where was Passau?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
2. Describe the Nazi party's comeback after the election of February 1932.
3. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
4. What did the newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, become to the Nazi party?
5. Where does the name Hitler come from?
6. What was family life like growing up for Adolf?
7. What happened when the U.S. Ambassador investigates Hitler?
8. What was Hitler's relationship with Hanfstaengl?
9. Why was HItler barred from public speaking after his trial?
10. How did Hitler try to emulate the dictator of Italy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the book, what parts of Europe were most vulnerable to Hitler's control and conquest? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways did the Nazis gain power over every aspect of a citizen's life in Germany? Be sure to write about the Mefo-bill scheme and the process of "gleichschaltig."
Essay Topic 3
Describe and outline the key players in the Tripartite Pact and what the pact involved.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)