|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually happened to the chief of Bohemia and Moravia?
(a) He targeted and killed by a resistance assassination squad.
(b) He died from disease.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He was poisoned.
2. In November 1938, who shot dead a German official?
(d) A Jew.
3. When the Soviets moved into eastern Poland, what kind of opposition did they have?
(b) The U.S.
4. What kind of pact did the Soviets and Japan sign?
5. Frau Troost was the widow of a man with what kind of career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hitler take a triumph tour after defeating France?
2. How many villagers were killed in the town of Lidice by the Nazis?
3. Who was shocked that Hitler was intent on war in 1939?
4. In Italy, what was Mussolini about to seize in 1939?
5. How did the mass murder of Jews occur at a Belzec camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hitler furious at Schacht in 1935?
2. Why did Hitler formulate an attack on the Soviet Union in 1941?
3. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
4. Why did Hitler say Slavic peoples should also be killed, in addition to Jews?
5. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
6. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
7. Who creates problems for the death camps?
8. What happened at a meeting between Austrian Chancellor Schuschnigg and Hitler in 1937?
9. What kind of deals did Hitler make about Franco and how did he feel about winning British support in 1936?
10. How did Britain ward off an attack by the Germans?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)