|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hitler denounce the Anglo-German Naval Treaty?
(a) In a public speech.
(b) In fliers.
(c) In the Nazi newspaper.
(d) In a radio broadcast.
2. Where was Hitler almost hurt by a bomb?
(a) In a beer hall.
(b) At a church.
(c) At government offices.
(d) A lake.
3. What was Hitler forced to do after there was a pro-British coup?
(a) Give up.
(b) Attack Yugoslavia.
(c) Make peace with England.
(d) Make peace with Greece.
4. What did Hitler ultimately want to happen to the Jews?
(a) To be the lowest class.
(b) To disappear from Europe.
(c) To become slaves.
(d) To be sent to the U.S.
5. Where did the November 1938 shooting take place?
(a) At the German headquarters in Berlin.
(b) At the German foreign office in Paris.
(c) At the German foreign office in England.
(d) At the German headquarters in Munich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Fritsch ousted?
2. What did Hitler want to do with autobahns?
3. In 1935, what did the Nuremburg Laws outlaw?
4. Who did Hitler send to rescue Mussolini in 1943?
5. Who was shocked that Hitler was intent on war in 1939?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the Soviets successful with a trap set in 1942?
2. What happened when Hitler tried to mount another summer offensive in 1943?
3. When and why did Hitler threaten an "annihilation" of the Jews?
4. What did Goebbels do to fall out of favor with Hitler, and how did he get back in his good graces?
5. What were the Nuremberg Laws?
6. What did Hitler confide in Traudl about?
7. What were Hitler's complaints about Franco?
8. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
9. How did Britain ward off an attack by the Germans?
10. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)