|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the November 1938 shooting take place?
(a) At the German foreign office in England.
(b) At the German headquarters in Munich.
(c) At the German foreign office in Paris.
(d) At the German headquarters in Berlin.
2. What did the summer Olympics of 1936 mean for Hitler?
(a) A sweep for Germany.
(b) A big propaganda triumph.
(c) Little pride in Germans.
(d) His country's embarrassing defeat.
3. Which two Nazis were fanning the flames of anti-Jewish riots in the late 1930s?
(a) Troost and Stracht.
(b) Hitler and Bloomberg.
(c) Goebbels and Heydrich.
(d) Strasser and Rohm.
4. How many soldiers did Hitler promise to airlift supplies to at Stalingrad?
5. How did Hitler denounce the Anglo-German Naval Treaty?
(a) In a radio broadcast.
(b) In the Nazi newspaper.
(c) In a public speech.
(d) In fliers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Eva Braun eventually drive out of Hitler's home?
2. Who was made chief of Bohemia and Moravia?
3. Who did Hitler tell that he did not want to massacre the British Army?
4. Where did Ernst Hanfstaengl flee?
5. Who did Hitler tell that he was looking for union with Austria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story that Hitler made up to his friend Frau Troost about the British Army massacre?
2. What were the Nuremberg Laws?
3. What did Hitler do when he is anxious?
4. Why did Hitler say Slavic peoples should also be killed, in addition to Jews?
5. Why was Hitler furious at Schacht in 1935?
6. What were Hitler's two initiatives involving youth and cars?
7. What kind of deals did Hitler make about Franco and how did he feel about winning British support in 1936?
8. Who was Theo Morell and how did help Hitler?
9. By the end of 1935, where were Hitler and the Nazis sending Jews?
10. What happened in Hamburg in 1943, and what kind of hopes for peace talks were there afterward?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)