|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hitler's trial in Munich, what did Hitler hope for?
(b) An early release.
(c) A light sentence.
(d) A minimum-security prison.
2. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
(d) President von Kahr of Bavaria.
3. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
(a) von Papen declared revenge.
(c) Hitler was run out of the country.
(d) New elections were called.
4. What was Germany like under Kaiser?
(c) Demoralized by revolution.
5. Where was deal set to put Hitler in power in January 1933?
(a) German government offices.
(b) In Hindenburg's office.
(c) At the home of von Ribbentrop.
(d) von Papen's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the German mark in October 1923?
2. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
3. What caused Hitler's blindness in the beginning of the book?
4. When was Hitler paroled?
5. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, become to the Nazi party?
2. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
3. How did Hitler try to emulate the dictator of Italy?
4. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
5. What kind of backing did Hitler get from powerful financial figures and how did it help his rise to power?
6. Where does the name Hitler come from?
7. When Adolf moves to Linz when he is a teenager, what did he dream about becoming?
8. What do readers learn in the beginning of the book about Hitler's interest in politics?
9. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
10. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)