|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the German mark in October 1923?
(b) It became almost worthless.
(c) It went down slightly in value.
(d) It went up in value.
2. Did Goring get the loan he wanted when he went to Venice?
(c) Yes, but from a different person.
(d) Some, but not all he wanted.
3. What year was Adolf Hitler born?
4. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
(d) Foreign Minister Rathenau.
5. Who was the new dictator of Italy during Hitler's rise to power in Germany?
(d) King Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
2. How did Alois get the name Hitler?
3. Whose inheritance did Alois receive?
4. Why was Hitler jailed for a few weeks after the Allies demanded more war reparations from Germany?
5. Why did Hitler consider suicide in December 1932?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
2. Why was HItler barred from public speaking after his trial?
3. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
4. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
5. What did the newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, become to the Nazi party?
6. How was the nation totally brought under the grip of the Nazis in 1933?
7. When Adolf was little, what were his career aspirations?
8. Why did Hitler feel Goebbels needed to be brought under control in the late 1920s?
9. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
10. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)