|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
(a) von Papen declared revenge.
(c) New elections were called.
(d) Hitler was run out of the country.
2. Who did Goring try to get a loan from when he went to Venice?
3. What was the result of Hitler's trial in Munich?
(a) He was found not guilty.
(b) The trial was postponed.
(c) He was found guilty.
(d) It was a hung jury.
4. What did Baron Kurt von Schroeder do for Hitler?
(a) Gave him political advice.
(b) Sponsored him.
(c) Counseled him.
(d) Healed him.
5. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
(c) President von Kahr of Bavaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
2. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
3. Why was Hitler banned from public speaking when he got out of a prison?
4. Who recruited Goring to join the party?
5. Who was the composer at whose home Hitler stayed at in 1923?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
2. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
3. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
4. How was the nation totally brought under the grip of the Nazis in 1933?
5. What changed for Rohm and Strasser after Hitler's trial?
6. What kind of backing did Hitler get from powerful financial figures and how did it help his rise to power?
7. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
8. Describe the infamous Mefo-bill scheme.
9. Where does the name Hitler come from?
10. How did Hitler try to emulate the dictator of Italy?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)