|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the young shopkeeper that came into Hitler's life after he was paroled?
2. What did Adolf want to be in a church when he grew up?
(a) An usher.
(b) A deacon.
(c) A pastor.
(d) A priest.
3. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
(a) His sexual orientation was revealed.
(b) His money problems.
(c) His military problems.
(d) His disloyalty to the Nazis.
4. When police opened fire on the Nazi marches, who took a bullet for Hitler?
(a) An unknown soldier.
(b) His bodyguard.
5. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
(a) President von Kahr of Bavaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
2. Who created a new stable currency in Germany during a national crisis?
3. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
4. What kind of relationship did Alois have with Adolf?
5. In July 1932, what percent of the vote did the Nazi's win?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
2. How did Hitler survive homelessness?
3. Who were some of the early members of Hitler's Nazi Party?
4. How did Hitler's carefulness about his radical program pay off in 1928?
5. After Hitler was barred from public speaking, where did he go on a holiday and who did he meet?
6. How did Hitler care for his mother when he was just a teen?
7. When Adolf moves to Linz when he is a teenager, what did he dream about becoming?
8. What was family life like growing up for Adolf?
9. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
10. How did the new stable currency in Germany affect Hitler's popularity?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)