|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the new dictator of Italy during Hitler's rise to power in Germany?
(a) King Edward.
2. When did Hitler decide to become a politician?
(a) When he left the Army.
(b) When he learned Kaiser is no longer is power.
(c) When he was a young boy.
(d) After he got married.
3. Why was Hitler banned from public speaking when he got out of a prison?
(a) Because of his criminal record.
(b) Because police were against him.
(c) Because of the violence that happened during speeches.
(d) Because of his violent attacks on Jews.
4. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
5. Where was Hitler when he decided to become a politician?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the city square.
(c) At a government meeting.
(d) At the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hitler paroled?
2. What happened to Alois, Jr.?
3. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
4. How was the Nazi party able to purchase a newspaper?
5. What was the name of the young shopkeeper that came into Hitler's life after he was paroled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Hitler's relationship with his roommate Kubizek?
2. How did Hitler's carefulness about his radical program pay off in 1928?
3. How was the small district of Lippe evidence that Hitler was gaining more power among the Germans?
4. What kind of scandals forced Rohm and Strasser to resign?
5. What did the newspaper, Volkischer Beobachter, become to the Nazi party?
6. What kind of reaction did Hitler get from the judge at his trial in Munich?
7. What kind of sentence did Hitler serve after his trial in Munich and how did it meet his hopes?
8. What was Hitler's relationship with Hanfstaengl?
9. Where does the name Hitler come from?
10. What kinds of speeches did Hitler give early on in his rise to leadership of the Nazis?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)