|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the Jews sent to concentration camps?
(a) On planes.
(b) On buses.
(c) In cars.
(d) In box cars.
2. What kind of pact did the Soviets and Japan sign?
3. Who told those in Eastern Czechoslovakia to declare independence?
4. How did the mass murder of Jews occur at a Belzec camp?
(b) Gas chambers.
(d) Firing squad.
5. What eventually happened to the chief of Bohemia and Moravia?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He died from disease.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He targeted and killed by a resistance assassination squad.
6. Which policy did Hitler reverse that contributed to the rage in Italy?
(a) His agreement with Stalin.
(b) His anti-Soviet policy.
(c) His anti-Jew policy.
(d) His agreement with the U.S.
7. In November 1938, who shot dead a German official?
(d) A Jew.
8. What was a Blitzkrieg, according to Hitler?
(a) Lightning strikes.
(c) A poltical campaign.
9. Who made a deal with Berlin in early 1939?
(b) A member of the Slovak regional government.
10. Where was German's surprise attack on May 13th?
(a) Southern Belgium.
(c) Eastern Italy.
(d) Southern Poland.
11. Who did Hitler tell that he was looking for union with Austria?
(d) Lord Halifax.
12. What was Hitler forced to do after there was a pro-British coup?
(a) Attack Yugoslavia.
(b) Make peace with England.
(c) Give up.
(d) Make peace with Greece.
13. Where did the November 1938 shooting take place?
(a) At the German foreign office in England.
(b) At the German headquarters in Munich.
(c) At the German foreign office in Paris.
(d) At the German headquarters in Berlin.
14. What kind of areas of Poland did Germany get?
(a) Those with large Jewish populations.
(c) Unpopulated ones.
(d) All of it.
15. Who did Hitler tell that he did not want to massacre the British Army?
(b) Eva Braun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Hitler's boyhood friend?
2. When the Soviets moved into eastern Poland, what kind of opposition did they have?
3. What did Hitler ultimately want to happen to the Jews?
4. When Hitler cancelled Operation Sea Lion, who did he bomb instead?
5. What did Hitler's mass-murder policy do to partisan resistance?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)