|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the summer Olympics of 1936 mean for Hitler?
(a) A sweep for Germany.
(b) Little pride in Germans.
(c) A big propaganda triumph.
(d) His country's embarrassing defeat.
2. After Traudl got married, where was her husband sent to?
(a) The Russian Front.
(b) The English Front.
(d) The Japanese Front.
3. By Nov. 12, 1938, how many Jews had been sent to concentration camps?
4. Who did Hitler fear would stab him in the back if he didn't attack France by Feb. 1?
(a) The U.S.
(c) The Soviet Union.
5. How were the Jews sent to concentration camps?
(a) In box cars.
(b) On planes.
(c) In cars.
(d) On buses.
6. What did Hitler ultimately want to happen to the Jews?
(a) To be sent to the U.S.
(b) To disappear from Europe.
(c) To be the lowest class.
(d) To become slaves.
7. How did Hitler denounce the Anglo-German Naval Treaty?
(a) In the Nazi newspaper.
(b) In a public speech.
(c) In a radio broadcast.
(d) In fliers.
8. When the Russo-Finnish war ended, who did Stalin sign a trade treaty with?
(b) The Soviet Union.
9. When the Soviets moved into eastern Poland, what kind of opposition did they have?
(d) The U.S.
10. Who was the Spanish interior minister that Hitler spoke with about attacking Gibraltar?
11. What kind of pact did the Soviets and Japan sign?
12. In Italy, what was Mussolini about to seize in 1939?
(b) Eastern Czechoslovakia.
13. In November 1938, who shot dead a German official?
(c) A Jew.
14. Where did the November 1938 shooting take place?
(a) At the German headquarters in Berlin.
(b) At the German foreign office in England.
(c) At the German foreign office in Paris.
(d) At the German headquarters in Munich.
15. What eventually happened to the chief of Bohemia and Moravia?
(a) He died in his sleep.
(b) He was poisoned.
(c) He died from disease.
(d) He targeted and killed by a resistance assassination squad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of areas of Poland did Germany get?
2. Who did Germany attack at the same time as Norway?
3. What was the Youth Labor Service?
4. What happened to the time bomb placed on Hitler's plane?
5. Who got fired over criticism for the accelerated armament program?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)