|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was told he must surrender his country to German occupation?
(c) President Hacha.
2. In November 1938, who shot dead a German official?
(c) A Jew.
3. Who launched an attack on Finland that created rage in Italy?
4. Who got fired over criticism for the accelerated armament program?
5. Where did Hitler take a triumph tour after defeating France?
6. Who was shocked that Hitler was intent on war in 1939?
(a) The Czechs.
(b) The German military staff.
(c) The U.S.
7. Who put pressure on Ribbentrop to sign a deal with Stalin?
(d) The Czechs.
8. How were the Jews sent to concentration camps?
(a) On planes.
(b) In cars.
(c) In box cars.
(d) On buses.
9. What eventually happened to the chief of Bohemia and Moravia?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He died from disease.
(c) He died in his sleep.
(d) He targeted and killed by a resistance assassination squad.
10. In Italy, what was Mussolini about to seize in 1939?
(d) Eastern Czechoslovakia.
11. After Traudl got married, where was her husband sent to?
(a) The Russian Front.
(b) The Japanese Front.
(d) The English Front.
12. Who did Ernst Hanfstaengl flee with?
(c) His wife.
(d) His son.
13. Who was in charge of the British cabinet who wanted to work with Hitler?
(c) Neville Chamberlain.
14. Who did Hitler tell that he was looking for union with Austria?
(a) Lord Halifax.
15. In 1935, what did the Nuremburg Laws outlaw?
(a) Jews becoming Nazis.
(b) Sex between Germans and Jews.
(c) Jews going to church.
(d) Jews owning businesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made a deal with Berlin in early 1939?
2. What did Hitler want to do with autobahns?
3. Who did Hitler fear would stab him in the back if he didn't attack France by Feb. 1?
4. Why was Fritsch ousted?
5. When the Russo-Finnish war ended, who did Stalin sign a trade treaty with?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)