|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the national crisis when a new stable currency was created?
(a) Much of the national crisis ended.
(b) It spread to other countries.
(c) Nothing changed.
(d) It got worse.
2. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
(a) His sexual orientation.
3. How many military cadets joined the takeover when Rohm marched with Nazi forces?
4. When the book begins, what is described in the trenches of Belgium?
(a) American soldiers.
(b) German landscape.
(c) 16th Bavarian Infantry Regiment.
(d) Hitler's relatives.
5. What was Germany like under Kaiser?
(b) Demoralized by revolution.
6. What was the young shopkeeper's relationship to Hitler?
7. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
(c) Foreign Minister Rathenau.
8. Who did General von Schleicher think he could use Hitler against?
(a) The Bavarian government.
(b) The Communists.
9. When Adolf began to speak to large crowds, what agreement did he attack?
(a) The English Treaty.
(b) The Jewish Treaty.
(c) The German Treaty.
(d) Versailles Treaty.
10. What party was Alfred Rosenberg the nominal head of for a short time?
(a) The Bavarian Party.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Nazi Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
11. When police opened fire on the Nazi marches, who took a bullet for Hitler?
(c) His bodyguard.
(d) An unknown soldier.
12. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
(a) His sexual orientation was revealed.
(b) His military problems.
(c) His disloyalty to the Nazis.
(d) His money problems.
13. Who was the composer at whose home Hitler stayed at in 1923?
(b) Richard Wagner.
14. Did Goring get the loan he wanted when he went to Venice?
(c) Yes, but from a different person.
(d) Some, but not all he wanted.
15. On what date was Hitler named Chancellor in 1933?
(a) Jan. 1.
(b) Jan. 29.
(c) Jan. 30.
(d) Jan. 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Hitler decide to become a politician?
2. Who recruited Goring to join the party?
3. Why did Hitler give regional powers to Strasser?
4. What caused Hitler's blindness in the beginning of the book?
5. Why did Hitler consider suicide in December 1932?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)