|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitler's party most often referred to as?
(b) People's party.
(c) Adolf's people.
(d) Hitler's party.
2. When police opened fire on the Nazi marches, who took a bullet for Hitler?
(a) His bodyguard.
(c) An unknown soldier.
3. How long did it take Russia to be defeated, as described in the beginning of the book?
(a) They never are defeated.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Four years.
4. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
(c) His sexual orientation.
5. What happened to the national crisis when a new stable currency was created?
(a) It got worse.
(b) It spread to other countries.
(c) Nothing changed.
(d) Much of the national crisis ended.
6. When things weren't going well for the Nazi party, Hitler stopped eating. Who convinced Hitler to eat again?
(a) His parents.
(b) Party loyalists.
7. Where was Hitler when he decided to become a politician?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the city square.
(c) At the bank.
(d) At a government meeting.
8. Why was Hitler banned from public speaking when he got out of a prison?
(a) Because police were against him.
(b) Because of his criminal record.
(c) Because of the violence that happened during speeches.
(d) Because of his violent attacks on Jews.
9. Who was Alois Hitler?
(a) Adolf's sister.
(b) Adolf's mother.
(c) Adolf's father.
(d) Adolf's brother.
10. What was the name of the young shopkeeper that came into Hitler's life after he was paroled?
11. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
(a) The Daily Nazi.
(b) The Nazi News.
(c) Volksicher Beobachter.
(d) The Daily Volksicher.
12. Who agreed to support Hitler's takeover once he had the Bavarian leadership under the gun?
(a) Von Kahr.
13. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
(a) Hitler resigned.
(b) Hitler battled for a top position with Eckart.
(c) Hitler left before it is over.
(d) Hitler demanded recognition as the absolute leader.
14. On what date was Hitler named Chancellor in 1933?
(a) Jan. 23.
(b) Jan. 1.
(c) Jan. 29.
(d) Jan. 30.
15. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
(a) His sexual orientation was revealed.
(b) His money problems.
(c) His military problems.
(d) His disloyalty to the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hitler put on trial in Munich?
2. What kind of relationship did Alois have with Adolf?
3. After his trial, what did Hitler's press release say about his plans?
4. When was Hitler paroled?
5. How did Alois get the name Hitler?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)