|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Captain Ernst Rohm?
(a) A key party organizer.
(b) A German government official.
(c) An English government official.
(d) A Jewish leader.
2. Where was Passau?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In Italy.
(c) On the water.
(d) On the German Bavarian side of the border.
3. When did Hitler decide to become a politician?
(a) When he learned Kaiser is no longer is power.
(b) After he got married.
(c) When he left the Army.
(d) When he was a young boy.
4. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
(a) President von Kahr of Bavaria.
5. At Hitler's trial in Munich, who did the judge sympathize with?
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Communists.
6. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
(b) Foreign Minister Rathenau.
7. What did Alois do for a career?
(d) Civil servant.
8. Who did General von Schleicher think he could use Hitler against?
(b) The Communists.
(d) The Bavarian government.
9. How long did it take Russia to be defeated, as described in the beginning of the book?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) They never are defeated.
(d) Four years.
10. Who created a new stable currency in Germany during a national crisis?
(a) Alois Hilter.
(b) Captain Rohm.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Hjalmar Schacht.
11. What was the young shopkeeper's relationship to Hitler?
12. What did Adolf want to be in a church when he grew up?
(a) A priest.
(b) An usher.
(c) A pastor.
(d) A deacon.
13. In July 1932, what percent of the vote did the Nazi's win?
14. When did Alois die?
15. Where was the huge rally Hitler spoke at in September 1923?
(c) The country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What party was Alfred Rosenberg the nominal head of for a short time?
2. Who agreed to support Hitler's takeover once he had the Bavarian leadership under the gun?
3. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
4. How many military cadets joined the takeover when Rohm marched with Nazi forces?
5. What happened to the German mark in October 1923?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)