|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Captain Ernst Rohm?
(a) An English government official.
(b) A German government official.
(c) A key party organizer.
(d) A Jewish leader.
2. What political tendencies did Josef Goebbels have?
3. What party was Alfred Rosenberg the nominal head of for a short time?
(a) The Bavarian Party.
(b) The Nazi Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Republican Party.
4. Who created a new stable currency in Germany during a national crisis?
(a) Hjalmar Schacht.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Alois Hilter.
(d) Captain Rohm.
5. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
(a) His sexual orientation.
6. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
(a) It loses steam when no members agree.
(b) It fails.
(c) Hitler rejects it.
(d) It was aborted.
7. Who did General von Schleicher think he could use Hitler against?
(b) The Communists.
(c) The Bavarian government.
8. What was Alois's nickname when he was born?
9. How old was Hitler's competition in the Feb. 1932 election?
10. Why did Hitler consider suicide in December 1932?
(a) He couldn't take the pressure.
(b) He couldn't take losing to von Schleicher.
(c) He really didn''t want to be president.
(d) He felt he was losing control.
11. How old was Adolf when he moved to Passau?
(c) Twenty one.
12. Whose inheritance did Alois receive?
(a) J.N. Kaiser.
(b) J.N. Smith.
(c) J.N. Hitler.
(d) J.N. Hiedler.
13. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
(a) Hitler battled for a top position with Eckart.
(b) Hitler resigned.
(c) Hitler left before it is over.
(d) Hitler demanded recognition as the absolute leader.
14. How did Alois get the name Hitler?
(a) When he turned 21.
(b) When he married.
(c) His boss gave it to him.
(d) He changed Hiedler to Hitler.
15. What caused Hitler's blindness in the beginning of the book?
(a) He was born that way.
(d) An Allied attack by poison gas shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
2. In July 1932, what percent of the vote did the Nazi's win?
3. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
4. How did Hitler try to emulate the new leader of Italy?
5. When was Hitler put on trial in Munich?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)