|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who investigated the Nazi party from the U.S.?
(b) Ernst Hanfstaengl.
(c) Captain Trumann Smith.
2. Why did Hitler drop out of his new school in Steyr?
(b) Family trouble.
(c) Health reasons.
3. Where was Hitler when he decided to become a politician?
(a) In the city square.
(b) At a government meeting.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At the bank.
4. Where was deal set to put Hitler in power in January 1933?
(a) von Papen's home.
(b) German government offices.
(c) In Hindenburg's office.
(d) At the home of von Ribbentrop.
5. When was Hitler paroled?
(a) Feb. 1924.
(b) Feb. 1923.
(c) Christmas 1924.
(d) Christmas 1923.
6. Who was the composer at whose home Hitler stayed at in 1923?
(a) Richard Wagner.
7. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
(a) Hitler was run out of the country.
(c) von Papen declared revenge.
(d) New elections were called.
8. When Adolf began to speak to large crowds, what agreement did he attack?
(a) The English Treaty.
(b) The German Treaty.
(c) The Jewish Treaty.
(d) Versailles Treaty.
9. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
(a) It loses steam when no members agree.
(b) Hitler rejects it.
(c) It fails.
(d) It was aborted.
10. What does "mein kampf" mean?
(a) My life.
(b) My love.
(c) My art.
(d) My struggle.
11. Who ran for re-election against Hitler in Feb. 1932?
(a) President Hindenburg.
(c) von Schleicher.
12. What was the young shopkeeper's relationship to Hitler?
13. Which bank helped create a new national currency for Germany?
(a) Bank of England.
(b) Bank of Russia.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Bank of France.
14. Who was Chancellor Bruning's successor?
(b) Von Papen.
15. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
(a) Foreign Minister Rathenau.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
2. What issue did the Nazis run on in July 1932?
3. Whom did Hitler meet with to try and split the German National Government?
4. Did Goring get the loan he wanted when he went to Venice?
5. Who did Goring try to get a loan from when he went to Venice?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)