|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Russia to be defeated, as described in the beginning of the book?
(a) Four years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) They never are defeated.
(d) Three years.
2. How many military cadets joined the takeover when Rohm marched with Nazi forces?
3. Who did General von Schleicher think he could use Hitler against?
(b) The Bavarian government.
(d) The Communists.
4. When von Papen agreed to support Hitler in January 1933, whom did he stab in the back?
(a) Von Schleicher.
5. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
(a) The Daily Nazi.
(b) The Nazi News.
(c) The Daily Volksicher.
(d) Volksicher Beobachter.
6. Who recruited Goring to join the party?
7. What happened when Chancellor Bruning tried to ban the SA and SS?
(a) He switched parties.
(b) He was forced to resign.
(c) He was forced to flee the country.
(d) He was elected president.
8. When did Alois die?
9. When police opened fire on the Nazi marches, who took a bullet for Hitler?
(b) An unknown soldier.
(d) His bodyguard.
10. Who did Goring try to get a loan from when he went to Venice?
11. How was the Nazi party able to purchase a newspaper?
(a) Adolf's salary.
(d) With funds from a member's wealthy friends.
12. Where did Adolf move when he went to school in Linz?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) A dorm.
(d) A room closer to school.
13. Who did Hitler force to resign as leader of the SA?
(b) His brother.
14. What was Hitler's party most often referred to as?
(b) Hitler's party.
(c) Adolf's people.
(d) People's party.
15. What caused Hitler's blindness in the beginning of the book?
(a) He was born that way.
(b) An Allied attack by poison gas shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Baron Kurt von Schroeder?
2. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
3. Why did Hitler drop out of his new school in Steyr?
4. How did Alois get the name Hitler?
5. When did Adolf's family move to Linz?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)