|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Hitler paroled?
(a) Feb. 1924.
(b) Christmas 1924.
(c) Feb. 1923.
(d) Christmas 1923.
2. When things weren't going well for the Nazi party, Hitler stopped eating. Who convinced Hitler to eat again?
(b) His parents.
(c) Party loyalists.
3. Who agreed to support Hitler's takeover once he had the Bavarian leadership under the gun?
(c) Von Kahr.
4. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
(b) President von Kahr of Bavaria.
5. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
(c) Foreign Minister Rathenau.
6. Who investigated the Nazi party from the U.S.?
(c) Ernst Hanfstaengl.
(d) Captain Trumann Smith.
7. After Hitler's trial in Munich, what did Hitler hope for?
(a) An early release.
(b) A minimum-security prison.
(c) A light sentence.
8. Who was Baron Kurt von Schroeder?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A key banker.
(d) A politician.
9. What was the name of the young shopkeeper that came into Hitler's life after he was paroled?
10. What happened when Chancellor Bruning tried to ban the SA and SS?
(a) He switched parties.
(b) He was forced to resign.
(c) He was forced to flee the country.
(d) He was elected president.
11. What happened when Eva Braun shot herself in 1932?
(a) She survived.
(b) She was paralyzed.
(c) She died.
(d) Hitler brought up with her.
12. What was the SA?
(a) A secret newspaper.
(b) Hitler's group of servants.
(c) A secret Bavarian group.
(d) A private army of the Nazi party.
13. Who was the composer at whose home Hitler stayed at in 1923?
(c) Richard Wagner.
14. Which bank helped create a new national currency for Germany?
(a) Bank of Russia.
(b) Bank of England.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Bank of France.
15. Who recruited Goring to join the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Alois's nickname when he was born?
2. Who was Captain Ernst Rohm?
3. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
4. Who was Alois Hitler?
5. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)