|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "mein kampf" mean?
(a) My struggle.
(b) My art.
(c) My love.
(d) My life.
2. Who did Hitler force to resign as leader of the SA?
(b) His brother.
3. Where was deal set to put Hitler in power in January 1933?
(a) German government offices.
(b) At the home of von Ribbentrop.
(c) In Hindenburg's office.
(d) von Papen's home.
4. What happened to the German mark in October 1923?
(a) It became almost worthless.
(c) It went down slightly in value.
(d) It went up in value.
5. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
(d) His sexual orientation.
6. Where did Adolf move when he went to school in Linz?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) A dorm.
(c) A room closer to school.
(d) A hotel.
7. What happened when Chancellor Bruning tried to ban the SA and SS?
(a) He switched parties.
(b) He was forced to flee the country.
(c) He was elected president.
(d) He was forced to resign.
8. Where was Hitler when he decided to become a politician?
(a) At the bank.
(b) In the city square.
(c) At a government meeting.
(d) In the hospital.
9. When police opened fire on the Nazi marches, who took a bullet for Hitler?
(b) His bodyguard.
(c) An unknown soldier.
10. How long did it take Russia to be defeated, as described in the beginning of the book?
(a) They never are defeated.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
11. What happened to the plan for a takeover of Bavaria?
(a) Hitler rejects it.
(b) It loses steam when no members agree.
(c) It fails.
(d) It was aborted.
12. Why did Hitler consider suicide in December 1932?
(a) He really didn''t want to be president.
(b) He couldn't take losing to von Schleicher.
(c) He felt he was losing control.
(d) He couldn't take the pressure.
13. When Adolf began to speak to large crowds, what agreement did he attack?
(a) Versailles Treaty.
(b) The German Treaty.
(c) The English Treaty.
(d) The Jewish Treaty.
14. Who did General von Schleicher think he could use Hitler against?
(b) The Bavarian government.
(c) The Communists.
15. Who was the new dictator of Italy during Hitler's rise to power in Germany?
(d) King Edward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Chancellor Bruning's successor?
2. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
3. What year was Adolf Hitler born?
4. Who recruited Goring to join the party?
5. At Hitler's trial in Munich, who did the judge sympathize with?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)