|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hitler's party most often referred to as?
(a) Adolf's people.
(b) People's party.
(d) Hitler's party.
2. What was Adolf's mother's name?
(a) Klara Hiedler.
(c) Klara Polzl.
(d) Cara Polzl.
3. What happened to the German mark in October 1923?
(a) It went down slightly in value.
(c) It became almost worthless.
(d) It went up in value.
4. Who was the new dictator of Italy during Hitler's rise to power in Germany?
(d) King Edward.
5. Where was deal set to put Hitler in power in January 1933?
(a) German government offices.
(b) von Papen's home.
(c) At the home of von Ribbentrop.
(d) In Hindenburg's office.
6. How did Hitler use the phrase "Mein Kampf"?
(a) In a speech.
(b) As the title of his book.
(c) A campaign slogan.
(d) As the title of his piece of art.
7. Where did Hitler take a holiday after Christmas 1924?
8. Where was Hitler when he decided to become a politician?
(a) In the city square.
(b) At the bank.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) At a government meeting.
9. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
(a) Hitler resigned.
(b) Hitler left before it is over.
(c) Hitler battled for a top position with Eckart.
(d) Hitler demanded recognition as the absolute leader.
10. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
(c) President von Kahr of Bavaria.
11. What was the young shopkeeper's relationship to Hitler?
12. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
(b) New elections were called.
(c) Hitler was run out of the country.
(d) von Papen declared revenge.
13. Whose inheritance did Alois receive?
(a) J.N. Kaiser.
(b) J.N. Hitler.
(c) J.N. Hiedler.
(d) J.N. Smith.
14. When did Hitler decide to become a politician?
(a) When he learned Kaiser is no longer is power.
(b) After he got married.
(c) When he was a young boy.
(d) When he left the Army.
15. Who did Hindenburg refuse to appoint as Chancellor?
(c) Von Papen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who agreed to support Hitler's takeover once he had the Bavarian leadership under the gun?
2. On what date was Hitler named Chancellor in 1933?
3. When Adolf began to speak to large crowds, what agreement did he attack?
4. What kind of relationship did Alois have with Adolf?
5. When did Alois die?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)