|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hitler try to emulate the new leader of Italy?
(c) Mass marches.
(d) Anti-Jewish sentiment.
2. Why was Hitler banned from public speaking when he got out of a prison?
(a) Because police were against him.
(b) Because of his violent attacks on Jews.
(c) Because of his criminal record.
(d) Because of the violence that happened during speeches.
3. In July 1932, what percent of the vote did the Nazi's win?
4. How was the Nazi party able to purchase a newspaper?
(b) With funds from a member's wealthy friends.
(c) Adolf's salary.
5. Why was Strasser forced to resign from the Nazi party?
(b) His sexual orientation.
6. What year was Adolf Hitler born?
7. Where was Passau?
(a) On the water.
(b) On the German Bavarian side of the border.
(c) In Italy.
(d) In Russia.
8. Why was Hitler jailed for a few weeks after the Allies demanded more war reparations from Germany?
(a) For an assaination plot.
(b) For inciting a riot.
(c) For refusing to join the army.
(d) For saying negative things about the government.
9. At Hitler's trial in Munich, who did the judge sympathize with?
(a) The Jews.
(c) The Communists.
(d) The Nazi Party.
10. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
(a) New elections were called.
(c) Hitler was run out of the country.
(d) von Papen declared revenge.
11. What was the SA?
(a) Hitler's group of servants.
(b) A private army of the Nazi party.
(c) A secret Bavarian group.
(d) A secret newspaper.
12. Whom did Hitler meet with to try and split the German National Government?
(a) Police Chief von Seisser.
(b) President von Kahr.
13. Who was Captain Ernst Rohm?
(a) A key party organizer.
(b) A German government official.
(c) An English government official.
(d) A Jewish leader.
14. Who was the composer at whose home Hitler stayed at in 1923?
(c) Richard Wagner.
15. What was Germany like under Kaiser?
(a) Demoralized by revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the newspaper purchased by Hitler's party?
2. How many military cadets joined the takeover when Rohm marched with Nazi forces?
3. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
4. What was Alois's nickname when he was born?
5. Where did Hitler take a holiday after Christmas 1924?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)