|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hitler give regional powers to Strasser?
(a) To build up the NSDAP in northern Germany.
(b) To get rid of violence.
(c) To take over the SA.
(d) To do speech writing.
2. What happened when Chancellor Bruning tried to ban the SA and SS?
(a) He was elected president.
(b) He switched parties.
(c) He was forced to flee the country.
(d) He was forced to resign.
3. How did Hitler try to emulate the new leader of Italy?
(a) Mass marches.
(c) Anti-Jewish sentiment.
4. Who was Baron Kurt von Schroeder?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A politician.
(d) A key banker.
5. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
(a) Hitler left before it is over.
(b) Hitler demanded recognition as the absolute leader.
(c) Hitler resigned.
(d) Hitler battled for a top position with Eckart.
6. Who was the daughter of Hitler's half-sister Angela?
7. How many military cadets joined the takeover when Rohm marched with Nazi forces?
8. What kind of festivals did Adolf like?
(a) Wine festivals.
(b) Church festivals.
(c) Music festivals.
(d) Food festivals.
9. Why did Hitler drop out of his new school in Steyr?
(a) Health reasons.
(b) Family trouble.
10. What does "mein kampf" mean?
(a) My love.
(b) My life.
(c) My art.
(d) My struggle.
11. What happened to Alois, Jr.?
(a) He died.
(b) He got married.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He joined the military.
12. Where was the huge rally Hitler spoke at in September 1923?
(d) The country.
13. When things weren't going well for the Nazi party, Hitler stopped eating. Who convinced Hitler to eat again?
(b) His parents.
(c) Party loyalists.
14. After Hitler's trial in Munich, what did Hitler hope for?
(b) An early release.
(c) A minimum-security prison.
(d) A light sentence.
15. Why was Hitler banned from public speaking when he got out of a prison?
(a) Because of his criminal record.
(b) Because of his violent attacks on Jews.
(c) Because police were against him.
(d) Because of the violence that happened during speeches.
Short Answer Questions
1. When von Papen agreed to support Hitler in January 1933, whom did he stab in the back?
2. What happened to the national crisis when a new stable currency was created?
3. What happened to the German mark in October 1923?
4. Who created a new stable currency in Germany during a national crisis?
5. What caused Hitler's blindness in the beginning of the book?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)