|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was assassinated by former Freikorps members?
(a) Foreign Minister Rathenau.
2. What was the name of the young shopkeeper that came into Hitler's life after he was paroled?
3. When things weren't going well for the Nazi party, Hitler stopped eating. Who convinced Hitler to eat again?
(a) His parents.
(d) Party loyalists.
4. Where did Adolf move when he went to school in Linz?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) A dorm.
(d) A room closer to school.
5. How old was Adolf when he moved to Passau?
(a) Twenty one.
6. What issue did the Nazis run on in July 1932?
(b) Economic paralysis.
7. After his trial, what did Hitler's press release say about his plans?
(a) He was withdrawing from politics to write a book.
(b) He would never quit politics.
(c) He was withdrawing from politics to become a priest.
(d) He was going to leave politics to pursue art.
8. Who investigated the Nazi party from the U.S.?
(c) Ernst Hanfstaengl.
(d) Captain Trumann Smith.
9. Who was the daughter of Hitler's half-sister Angela?
10. What caused Hitler's blindness in the beginning of the book?
(a) He was born that way.
(d) An Allied attack by poison gas shells.
11. Who was Baron Kurt von Schroeder?
(a) A key banker.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A politician.
(d) A doctor.
12. What kind of relationship did Alois have with Adolf?
(a) None at all.
13. When was Hitler put on trial in Munich?
(a) Feb. 1924.
(b) Feb. 1934.
(c) Feb. 1914.
(d) Jan. 1924.
14. When was Hitler paroled?
(a) Feb. 1924.
(b) Christmas 1924.
(c) Feb. 1923.
(d) Christmas 1923.
15. What happened when Hitler supported a no-confidence vote in the von Papen government?
(a) Hitler was run out of the country.
(b) von Papen declared revenge.
(c) New elections were called.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the scandal involving Rohm that caused Hitler to lose the 1932 election?
2. What happened at the January 1921 conference of Adolf's party?
3. On what date was Hitler named Chancellor in 1933?
4. In 1923, who had problems curbing the Nazis that led to their rise in power?
5. What happened when Chancellor Bruning tried to ban the SA and SS?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)