|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the present flagship?
(a) The Java.
(b) The Leopard.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) The Crab.
2. How does Hornblower board the Crab?
(a) By a large boarding party.
(b) Unarmed and unescorted.
(c) He is unable to board the Crab.
(d) By ropes at night.
3. What ensures Fell's continued employment?
(a) The success with the Estrella del Sur.
(b) Hornblower's recommendation.
(c) Nothing, but he has plenty of money now.
(d) Spendlove's recommendation.
4. About how many vessels does Hornblower command?
5. What causes Hornblower to misread Cambronne's pretext for departing the gala?
(a) Hornblower thinks Cambronne is a gentleman and as such would not lie.
(b) Too much wine.
(c) He is laywaid by a beautiful woman.
(d) Sharpe assures Hornblower that Cambronne is being genuine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Estrella del Sur?
2. What will break the restraint on the sea anchor?
3. What happens to the pintle?
4. How might the political situation between England and the United States be described?
5. What occupies Clorinda's days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ostensible reason Cambronne has hired the Daring, and does Hornblower believe the explanation?
2. What is the Daring?
3. What does Sharpe tell Hornblower about who has hired the Daring.
4. After a period of introspection, what does Hornblower conclude Cambronne's plans are?
5. What is the political situation at San Juan and how does this prevent any further action against the Estrella del Sur?
6. Who commands the Clorinda and what is his financial situation?
7. How does Cambronne verify Hornblower's information and what is the reaction of Cambronne and the ship's crew?
8. What vessel has Hornblower made his flagship in this chapter and what is the vessel doing?
9. What does Hornblower tell Cambronne when Hornblower boards the Daring?
10. If Cambronne is undertaking the mission which Hornblower believes he is doing, why is Hornblower concerned and what does Hornblower determine to do?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)