1. What is Hornblower's position as the novel opens?
Commander-in-Chief of His Britannic Majesty's ships and vessels in the West Indies.
2. Why is Hornblower in New Orleans?
To pay an official courtesy visit.
3. About how many vessels does Hornblower command?
4. What is the name of the present flagship?
5. Who is Mr. Cloudesley Sharpe?
His Britannic Majesty's Consul-General.
6. How does Hornblower's flagship reach New Orleans?
Via a steam tug.
This section contains 5,616 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)