|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Crab intercept the Daring?
(a) At Freeport.
(b) On the open seas.
(c) At Cuba's harbor of Guantanamo.
(d) At Port-au-Prince.
2. Where does Hornblower write a brief letter?
(a) On a scrap of paper.
(b) On the flyleaf of a book.
(c) On his linen shirt.
(d) On the bark of a tree.
3. Where does Hornblower tour the brig?
(a) At the government house.
(b) Aboard the Abydos Found.
(c) Aboard the Bride of Abydos.
(d) Aboard the Abydos Lost.
4. What keeps the sea anchor bundled up until Estrella reaches top speed?
(a) Paper wrapping.
(b) Two cotter pins.
(c) A length of spun yarn.
(d) A length of wire.
5. Why does Hornblower read the letter aloud?
(a) He wants to make sure it sounds good.
(b) Johnson is checking Hornblower's honesty.
(c) None of the pirates can read.
(d) He does not read the letter aloud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Cloudesley Sharpe?
2. What happens after Spendlove follows Hornblower's orders?
3. What does Hornblower witness ashore?
4. What does Hornblower instruct the men of the Crab to do?
5. To where does the Clorinda return?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)