|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hornblower in New Orleans?
(a) To talk to a French general.
(b) To meet up with his wife.
(c) To oversee the construction of a new frigate.
(d) To pay an official courtesy visit.
2. Who is the Estrella del Sur?
(a) The flagship of the Spanish fleet in the West Indies.
(b) A retrofitted Spanish vessel that had been Napoleon's flagship.
(c) A retrofitted English vessel captured during the Napoleonic Wars.
(d) A large schooner capable of exceptional speed.
3. Who is Mr. Hough?
(a) A wealthy local businessman and Jamaican planter.
(b) One of the midshipmen on the Clorinda.
(c) Hornblower's quartermaster.
(d) The secretary to the English diplomat in Jamaica.
4. What is the ending scene in Chapter 4?
(a) Hornblower receives another letter from his wife Barbara.
(b) Hornblower fleeing to open seas followed by a Spanish frigate.
(c) Hornblower going ashore once more to see if he can find Ramsbottom.
(d) The Clorinda offering aid to Ramsbottom.
5. Where does Hornblower make an official state visit?
(a) Aboard the Estrella del Sur.
(b) At the French embassy.
(c) At the government house in San Juan.
(d) At the Spanish embassy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Helmond?
2. Who calls on Hornblower back on the Clorinda?
3. What surprises Hornblower about Ramsbottom?
4. What is another topic of discussion between Sharp and Hornblower?
5. What has been executed aboard the Clorinda while Hornblower is at the government house?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)