|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Hornblower suspicious?
(a) The mission of the Daring.
(b) The ability of the United States to regulate their merchants.
(c) The motives of Johnson.
(d) Sharpe's good intentions.
2. Who is Charles Ramsbottom?
(a) A noble turned pirate.
(b) Lucy Hough's latest beau.
(c) A very wealthy industrialist who has recently entered society.
(d) Hornblower's third cousin.
3. What is a drogue?
(a) A captain gone astray.
(b) A ship that has only one mast.
(c) A sea anchor.
(d) A sailor engaged in nefarious trade.
4. What does Hornblower announce he must do?
(a) Return to captivity.
(b) Organzie a rescue party.
(c) Leave on the tide on the Clorinda.
(d) Write England about Hooper's decision.
5. What is the name of the present flagship?
(a) The Java.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The Leopard.
(d) The Crab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower learn from his wife, Barbara, about Ramsbottom?
2. Who realizes immediately that the chase for Estrella del Sur is futile?
3. Of what does the Governor remind Hornblower?
4. What has been executed aboard the Clorinda while Hornblower is at the government house?
5. Where does Hornblower have the Clorinda's mortar mounted?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)