|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will break the restraint on the sea anchor?
(a) A built-in cutting edge.
(b) The paper will dissolve with some time.
(c) Water pressure and flow.
(d) The Clorinda will fire a cannon.
2. What does Hornblower connive to do?
(a) Get the governor drunk.
(b) Have the slave ship's captain casually disregard some of the finer points of law to Hornblower's eventual favor.
(c) Get the captain of the Estrella drunk.
(d) Get the governor to turn his head from Hornblower's activities.
3. How does Ramsbottom appear physically?
(a) He is unharmed.
(b) He is lying down and almost dead.
(c) He has lost an arm in combat.
(d) He has several minor sword slash wounds but that's all.
4. How does Lucy Hough greet Hornblower?
(a) With disdain.
(b) Effusive and confused.
(c) With veiled hostility.
(d) With indifference.
5. Who goes into the pirate's caves with a white flag?
(c) Captain Fell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower tell Cambronne?
2. How is Ramsbottom behaving emotionally when Hornblower encounters him?
3. What occupies Clorinda's days?
4. What does Hornblower intend to do?
5. Where does Hornblower write a brief letter?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)