|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower's flagship reach New Orleans?
(a) It doesn't; it stays out in deeper waters.
(b) Via a steam tug.
(c) Via a sail tug.
(d) Under its own sail.
2. What is the name of Ramsbottom's yacht?
(a) Abydos Lost.
(b) Abydos Found.
(c) Bride of Abydos.
(d) Bride of Frankenstein.
3. What does Hornblower order Spendlove to do?
(a) Board the Estrella as a new hand and plant a bomb belowdecks.
(b) Go ashore and wait for Hornblower's signal.
(c) Board the Estrella and ask for asylum.
(d) Suggest Hornblower's plan to capture the Estrella to Fell.
4. What does Hornblower conclude Cambronne intends to do?
(a) Aid the rebellion in the West Indies by the slaves.
(b) Attack the British crown colony of Barbados.
(c) Aid the rebellion in Bolivia.
(d) Free Napoleon.
5. What surprises Hornblower about Ramsbottom?
(a) He is eminently likable and affable.
(b) He is quite diminuative in stature.
(c) He dresses like a peasant.
(d) He is a giant of a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower find distasteful about the word millionaire?
2. For what activity does Ramsbottom have a penchant?
3. What does Hornblower's ship come about as he is cruising the coast?
4. Why does Hornblower advise against Hooper's plan as far as the pirates are concerned?
5. Of what does the Governor remind Hornblower?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)