|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hornblower deliver the lie to Cambronne?
(a) Through an intermediary.
(b) By signal flags.
(c) With a stony face and icy reserve.
(d) Using his first mate.
2. Why is Hornblower in despair?
(a) For not being able to persuade Cambronne to change his course.
(b) For having to threaten the life of a woman.
(c) For giving his word as an officer and gentleman when it was a lie.
(d) For trusting Sharpe as to Cambronne's intentions.
3. What do ships-of-war gain from capturing slave ships?
(a) Head money.
(b) A rotation back to England.
(c) A citation.
(d) Choice assignments next time.
4. What legend does Hornblower recall upon hearing the news from the governor?
(a) The legend of Julian of Norwich.
(b) The legend of Napoleon's youth.
(c) The legend of St. Elizabeth of Hungary.
(d) The legend of Napoleon's birth.
5. What causes Hornblower to misread Cambronne's pretext for departing the gala?
(a) Sharpe assures Hornblower that Cambronne is being genuine.
(b) Too much wine.
(c) Hornblower thinks Cambronne is a gentleman and as such would not lie.
(d) He is laywaid by a beautiful woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower board the Crab?
2. What does the crew of the Clorinda receive?
3. Who is Captain Thomas Fell?
4. What is a drogue?
5. What type of freight will the Daring be taking on shortly?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)