|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How might the political situation between England and the United States be described?
2. Where does the Crab intercept the Daring?
(a) On the open seas.
(b) At Freeport.
(c) At Port-au-Prince.
(d) At Cuba's harbor of Guantanamo.
3. What does Hornblower climb?
(a) The mast of the Clorinda to show new recruits how to do so.
(b) A dangling rope ladder.
(c) The balustrade inside the ball room to retrieve a cat.
(d) The garden wall.
4. What is Hornblower's new flagship?
5. Where does the waterfall end?
(a) In a deep pool and river at the base of the cliff.
(b) It is impossible to tell from where Hornblower is sitting.
(c) A few feet down into a shallow stream.
(d) In the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ideal situation once the Estrella reaches high seas?
2. What do they have to do when the boat grounds?
3. What does Hornblower order Spendlove to do?
4. Where does Hornblower have the Clorinda's mortar mounted?
5. What keeps the sea anchor bundled up until Estrella reaches top speed?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)