|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
(a) Cyprus Compromises.
(b) Romania Reconsiders.
(c) Crimea Capitulates.
(d) Dominica Dominates.
2. How does Van feel about Ada when he first sees her after her husband's death?
(a) He is put off by the physical changes in her.
(b) He is depressed with her lack of changes.
(c) He is frightened yet tantalized by her.
(d) He is excited and can't wait to get her alone.
3. Who does Van see on the train?
(c) Uncle Dan.
(d) His father.
4. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Three years.
5. What department does Van study in at Kingston University, Mayne, in the Fall of 1892?
(a) Terraputic Development Department.
(b) Department of Terrapy.
(c) Department of New Terrapists.
(d) Art Terrapy Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
2. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
3. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
4. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
5. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy happened at the Villa Venus in Souvenir, Missouri?
2. What excuse does Van make up to have time alone with Ada?
3. What were the reviews of Van's first book like?
4. What does Van plan to do in the duel?
5. What exercise in memory does Van attempt, which he also gives to his patients?
6. What is Cordula's conversation like?
7. How does Van gain the post of Rattner Chair of Philosophy at University of Kingston?
8. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
9. How does Van respond to an invitation to dine at the Captain's table?
10. Why does Van need to go back for more surgery?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)