|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twelve years.
2. What does Van tell Lucette when she calls to ask to come to his room?
(a) That he's going out.
(b) That he's going to sleep.
(c) That he's not alone.
(d) That he doesn't want to see her.
3. What does Van think about the relativistic idea of space-time?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He thinks it is partially true.
(c) He embraces it.
(d) He thinks it is both true and false simultaneously.
4. Where does Demon say that Lucette was, when he let her know about Dan's death?
5. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
2. What has Van developed a test for?
3. What department does Van study in at Kingston University, Mayne, in the Fall of 1892?
4. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
5. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van give to Lucette in exchange for the name of the man who wants to marry her?
2. What exercise in memory does Van attempt, which he also gives to his patients?
3. What plan does Lucette propose to Van?
4. How did Percy de Prey die?
5. How does Van respond to an invitation to dine at the Captain's table?
6. How does Van respond to Ada's arrival?
7. Why does Van need to go back for more surgery?
8. When Ada telephones Van, what does she tell him?
9. In Marina's last days, why is Van planning a trip to America?
10. How does Van remember his three farewell lectures on Bergson's Time?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)