|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
2. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Ada's lover.
(b) Lucette's doctor.
(c) Demon's business partner.
(d) Van's lawyer.
3. Who is Van's second for the duel?
4. Where does Demon say that Lucette was, when he let her know about Dan's death?
5. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
(b) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
(c) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
(d) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Demon die?
2. What occurs as Van enters the hotel to meet Ada?
3. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
4. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
5. What is Van's earliest memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van need to go back for more surgery?
2. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
3. What does Ada's letter say she will do if Van doesn't allow her to come live with him?
4. What does Van plan to do in the duel?
5. How does Van respond to an invitation to dine at the Captain's table?
6. When Ada telephones Van, what does she tell him?
7. What metaphor does Van use for trying to understand time?
8. In Marina's last days, why is Van planning a trip to America?
9. How did Percy de Prey die?
10. How does Van respond to Ada's arrival?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)