|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
2. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Learning to master chess.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Beginning to learn to paint.
(d) Beginning to write his first book.
3. What is Van's purpose in writing his book about time?
(a) To make clear to the world the reality of time he's discovered.
(b) To model with time the evolution of love.
(c) To clarify his own understanding of time.
(d) To make money.
4. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
(a) A prism.
(c) Colored lights.
(d) Colored pencils.
5. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
(a) That his left arm is shorter than his right.
(b) That, while inverted, he is walking on Terra.
(c) That his arms are disconnected from his body.
(d) That his neck is as versatile as a tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
2. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
3. What is Van's earliest memory?
4. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
5. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van need to go back for more surgery?
2. How does Van remember his three farewell lectures on Bergson's Time?
3. Why does Van think he is sterile?
4. How does Van characterize to Greg his relationship with Ada?
5. What exercise in memory does Van attempt, which he also gives to his patients?
6. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
7. How does Van respond to an invitation to dine at the Captain's table?
8. How does Van gain the post of Rattner Chair of Philosophy at University of Kingston?
9. What metaphor does Van use for trying to understand time?
10. What does Lucette say about Ada's hands?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)