|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
(a) Colored pencils.
(c) Colored lights.
(d) A prism.
2. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
(a) She is in the bath.
(b) She is reading a book.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is brushing her hair.
3. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
4. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I implore you.
(b) I love you.
(c) I need you.
(d) I miss you.
5. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her foot.
(d) Her knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van's earliest memory?
2. What is done with Marina's body after she dies?
3. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
4. What does Van say it's wrong to confuse time with?
5. Who does the woman on the boat mistake Van for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ada's letter say she will do if Van doesn't allow her to come live with him?
2. Why does Van need to go back for more surgery?
3. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
4. What does Van write about in his unsent letter to Ada?
5. What is Cordula's conversation like?
6. What does Van say is as common in dreams as metaphors are in poetry?
7. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
8. What excuse does Van make up to have time alone with Ada?
9. In Marina's last days, why is Van planning a trip to America?
10. What does Lucette say about Ada's hands?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)