|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van see on the train?
(b) His father.
(c) Uncle Dan.
2. What does Ada suggest that she and Van should do in a few days, after she finishes her business in Geneva?
(a) Go climbing in the Swiss Alps.
(b) Travel back to Ardis Hall.
(c) Go on a cruise to Greece.
(d) Go on a tour of England.
3. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) A ringing phone.
(b) A rude joke.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A caterpillar.
4. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
(b) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
(c) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
(d) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
5. How does Demon die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) Of a stroke.
(c) In an airplane accident.
(d) Of heart failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
2. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
3. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
4. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
5. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
2. What does Cordula tell Van about Vanda Broom?
3. What does Lucette say about Ada's hands?
4. How does Van respond to an invitation to dine at the Captain's table?
5. How does Van characterize to Greg his relationship with Ada?
6. What is Van's opinion of acting?
7. What does Van write about in his unsent letter to Ada?
8. What tragedy happened at the Villa Venus in Souvenir, Missouri?
9. What plan does Lucette propose to Van?
10. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)