|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I implore you.
(b) I need you.
(c) I love you.
(d) I miss you.
2. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
(a) Yes, he writes a letter that says so.
(b) Yes, but he will leave the decision to Ada.
(c) No, he doesn't care about what society thinks.
(d) No, but he will part from Ada if she wants it.
3. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(b) His father.
4. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photographs of her and Lucette.
(b) Photographs of her and Van.
(c) Photographs of her and Percy.
(d) Photography of her and Rank.
5. What does Van tell Lucette when she calls to ask to come to his room?
(a) That he's going to sleep.
(b) That he doesn't want to see her.
(c) That he's going out.
(d) That he's not alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
2. When Demon is sixty, how old is his Spanish lover?
3. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
4. What day does Ada's husband die?
5. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)