|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ada introduce her husband to Van?
(a) She forgets to introduce him.
(b) She gives a familiar nickname.
(c) She calls him her husband.
(d) She gives his full, formal name.
2. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The university.
(c) The public library.
(d) The local park.
3. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(d) His father.
4. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
(a) Her knee.
(b) Her hand.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her foot.
5. When Demon is sixty, how old is his Spanish lover?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Ada play in the film "The Young and the Doomed"?
2. What word does Greg seem to like to use?
3. How did Ada feel about acting tips from Marina?
4. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
5. What does Van say it's wrong to confuse time with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucette say about Ada's hands?
2. How does Van characterize to Greg his relationship with Ada?
3. What does Van say is as common in dreams as metaphors are in poetry?
4. What does Ada's letter say she will do if Van doesn't allow her to come live with him?
5. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
6. What were the reviews of Van's first book like?
7. In Marina's last days, why is Van planning a trip to America?
8. What is Cordula's conversation like?
9. What is Van's opinion of acting?
10. What does Van plan to do in the duel?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)