|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What department does Van study in at Kingston University, Mayne, in the Fall of 1892?
(a) Department of New Terrapists.
(b) Terraputic Development Department.
(c) Art Terrapy Department.
(d) Department of Terrapy.
2. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
(a) Children, country, and complaints.
(b) Cubism, communism, and cabaret.
(c) Comedy, Coleridge, and cabbage.
(d) Cactuses, cattle, and cooking.
3. What is Van's purpose in writing his book about time?
(a) To clarify his own understanding of time.
(b) To make money.
(c) To make clear to the world the reality of time he's discovered.
(d) To model with time the evolution of love.
4. What is Van's earliest memory?
(a) The smell of bacon and coffee.
(b) His father pacing back and forth before his crib.
(c) A dog running off with his toy.
(d) A chunk of plaster falling into his cradle.
5. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
2. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
3. Where does Demon say that Lucette was, when he let her know about Dan's death?
4. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
5. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
2. What is Van's opinion of acting?
3. What plan does Lucette propose to Van?
4. What does Van give to Lucette in exchange for the name of the man who wants to marry her?
5. How does Demon discover that Van is living with Ada?
6. How does Van respond to Ada's arrival?
7. What excuse does Van make up to have time alone with Ada?
8. How does Van gain the post of Rattner Chair of Philosophy at University of Kingston?
9. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
10. What tragedy happened at the Villa Venus in Souvenir, Missouri?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)