|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
(a) Exotic and mundane dreams.
(b) Professional and erotic dreams.
(c) Lucid and unremembered dreams.
(d) Frightening and entrancing dreams.
2. What is done with Marina's body after she dies?
(a) It is buried next to her husband.
(b) It is cremated.
(c) It is donated to science.
(d) It is buried at Ardis Hall.
3. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
(a) He doesn't want the publicity.
(b) He doesn't want Van punished.
(c) He doesn't believe Van has done anything wrong.
(d) He doesn't want to hurt Ada.
4. What example does Van use in discussing order or succession in our perception of the past?
(a) Remembering whether his razor has been used once or twice.
(b) Remembering what he had to eat on previous days.
(c) Remembering what days to take medicine.
(d) Remembering whether he has previously worn a tie.
5. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Beginning to learn to paint.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Beginning to write his first book.
(d) Learning to master chess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
2. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
3. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
4. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
5. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)