|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year are most of the photos that Van and Ada view together taken?
2. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
(a) Professional and erotic dreams.
(b) Exotic and mundane dreams.
(c) Lucid and unremembered dreams.
(d) Frightening and entrancing dreams.
3. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(a) The Texture of Time.
(c) Furnished Space.
4. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
(a) Shadia and Paradisia.
(b) Demonia and Antiterra.
(c) Terrafirma and Terraductile.
(d) Elysium and Hel.
5. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Van developed a test for?
2. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
3. What part does Ada play in the film "The Young and the Doomed"?
4. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
5. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cordula tell Van about Vanda Broom?
2. What does Van say is as common in dreams as metaphors are in poetry?
3. What metaphor does Van use for trying to understand time?
4. When Ada telephones Van, what does she tell him?
5. How does Van gain the post of Rattner Chair of Philosophy at University of Kingston?
6. What is Van's opinion of acting?
7. What were the reviews of Van's first book like?
8. What does Ada's letter say she will do if Van doesn't allow her to come live with him?
9. What exercise in memory does Van attempt, which he also gives to his patients?
10. How does Van remember his three farewell lectures on Bergson's Time?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)