|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
2. What does Ada suggest that she and Van should do in a few days, after she finishes her business in Geneva?
(a) Go on a tour of England.
(b) Go on a cruise to Greece.
(c) Go climbing in the Swiss Alps.
(d) Travel back to Ardis Hall.
3. How did Ada feel about acting tips from Marina?
(a) They were somewhat helpful but few.
(b) They were insulting and sarcastic.
(c) They were useless and idiotic.
(d) They were extremely beneficial.
4. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Carrying groceries.
(b) Coddling a baby.
(c) Talking to dogs.
(d) Buying flowers.
5. What name does Van have for frightening dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
2. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
3. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
4. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
5. What is Van's earliest memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Van need to go back for more surgery?
2. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
3. How did Percy de Prey die?
4. When Ada telephones Van, what does she tell him?
5. What does Van give to Lucette in exchange for the name of the man who wants to marry her?
6. How does Demon discover that Van is living with Ada?
7. What excuse does Van make up to have time alone with Ada?
8. What were the reviews of Van's first book like?
9. What does Van write about in his unsent letter to Ada?
10. What does Van plan to do in the duel?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)