|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part does Ada play in the film "The Young and the Doomed"?
(a) A pair of twins.
(b) A murdering widow.
(c) A barmaid.
(d) A governess.
2. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
3. How does Demon die?
(a) Of a stroke.
(b) In an airplane accident.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) Of heart failure.
4. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She has insomnia.
(b) She has an earache.
(c) She has a migrane.
(d) She is sea-sick.
5. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(c) Furnished Space.
(d) The Texture of Time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
2. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
3. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
4. What example does Van use in discussing order or succession in our perception of the past?
5. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Lucette propose to Van?
2. How does Van gain the post of Rattner Chair of Philosophy at University of Kingston?
3. What does Van plan to do in the duel?
4. When Ada telephones Van, what does she tell him?
5. What does Van say is as common in dreams as metaphors are in poetry?
6. What does Ada's letter say she will do if Van doesn't allow her to come live with him?
7. What excuse does Van make up to have time alone with Ada?
8. What is Cordula's conversation like?
9. What does Van write about in his unsent letter to Ada?
10. What were the reviews of Van's first book like?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)