|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Van's lawyer.
(b) Lucette's doctor.
(c) Ada's lover.
(d) Demon's business partner.
2. Where does Demon say that Lucette was, when he let her know about Dan's death?
3. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I love you.
(b) I need you.
(c) I implore you.
(d) I miss you.
4. To whom does Van send the flowers he buys while waiting for Ada?
(c) No one.
(d) A stranger.
5. What department does Van study in at Kingston University, Mayne, in the Fall of 1892?
(a) Department of Terrapy.
(b) Department of New Terrapists.
(c) Terraputic Development Department.
(d) Art Terrapy Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part does Ada play in the film "The Young and the Doomed"?
2. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
3. What does Ada suggest that she and Van should do in a few days, after she finishes her business in Geneva?
4. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
5. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Van give to Lucette in exchange for the name of the man who wants to marry her?
2. What does Van say is as common in dreams as metaphors are in poetry?
3. How does Van respond to an invitation to dine at the Captain's table?
4. What does Van do after leaving Demon?
5. What tragedy happened at the Villa Venus in Souvenir, Missouri?
6. How does Van gain the post of Rattner Chair of Philosophy at University of Kingston?
7. How does Van remember his three farewell lectures on Bergson's Time?
8. What exercise in memory does Van attempt, which he also gives to his patients?
9. What does Van propose about the future in his treatise on time?
10. How did Percy de Prey die?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)