|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Talking to dogs.
(b) Buying flowers.
(c) Carrying groceries.
(d) Coddling a baby.
2. What word does Greg seem to like to use?
3. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) The Head Venus Luminary.
(b) David van Veen.
(c) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
(d) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
4. How does Van feel about Ada when he first sees her after her husband's death?
(a) He is depressed with her lack of changes.
(b) He is put off by the physical changes in her.
(c) He is excited and can't wait to get her alone.
(d) He is frightened yet tantalized by her.
5. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) A rude joke.
(b) A caterpillar.
(c) A ringing phone.
(d) An earthquake.
6. What does Van tell Lucette when she calls to ask to come to his room?
(a) That he's going to sleep.
(b) That he doesn't want to see her.
(c) That he's going out.
(d) That he's not alone.
7. Who is Van's second for the duel?
8. What does Dorothy come to believe about Van?
(a) That he's secretly in love with Dorothy.
(b) That he's Ada's lover.
(c) That he's helping Ada arrange to meet a lover.
(d) That he's helping Ada meet a divorce lawyer.
9. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
10. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
(a) As "fat" or "thin."
(b) As "big" or "small."
(c) As "strong" or "weak."
(d) As "expansive" or "internal."
11. What was Van's first novel called?
(a) Letters from Terra.
(b) Ardors in Ardis.
(c) In the Three-Ninth Kingdom.
(d) Les enfants.
12. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She is sea-sick.
(b) She has insomnia.
(c) She has an earache.
(d) She has a migrane.
13. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
14. What is Lucette studying in 1892?
(a) History of Philosophy.
(b) History of Art.
(c) History of Music.
(d) History of Literature.
15. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
(a) Happy and sad.
(b) Angry and bitter.
(c) Annoyed but grateful.
(d) Relieved and guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
2. What does VPL stand for?
3. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
4. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
5. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)