|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
(a) Shot a gun.
(b) Juggled objects.
(c) Took photographs.
2. Who does Van have read and forward his letter to Ada about Lucette's death?
(a) His former governess.
(b) His father.
(d) Ada's husband.
3. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(a) His father.
4. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) A rude joke.
(b) A ringing phone.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A caterpillar.
5. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
(b) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
(c) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
(d) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
6. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
(a) Colored lights.
(b) Colored pencils.
(d) A prism.
7. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Six hundred.
8. What type of fur coat does Ada wear?
(d) Sea otter.
9. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
(a) A week.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Six months.
10. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
11. Where does Demon say that Lucette was, when he let her know about Dan's death?
12. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Learning to master chess.
(b) Composing songs.
(c) Beginning to learn to paint.
(d) Beginning to write his first book.
13. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
(a) He doesn't believe Van has done anything wrong.
(b) He doesn't want the publicity.
(c) He doesn't want Van punished.
(d) He doesn't want to hurt Ada.
14. Who does Van see on the train?
(a) Uncle Dan.
(c) His father.
15. What does Van tell Lucette when she calls to ask to come to his room?
(a) That he doesn't want to see her.
(b) That he's not alone.
(c) That he's going out.
(d) That he's going to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
2. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
3. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
4. What does Ada think of Van's change in weight?
5. What department does Van study in at Kingston University, Mayne, in the Fall of 1892?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)