|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
2. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She has a migrane.
(b) She is sea-sick.
(c) She has insomnia.
(d) She has an earache.
3. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
(a) Professional and erotic dreams.
(b) Frightening and entrancing dreams.
(c) Exotic and mundane dreams.
(d) Lucid and unremembered dreams.
4. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
5. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
6. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Coddling a baby.
(b) Buying flowers.
(c) Carrying groceries.
(d) Talking to dogs.
7. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
(b) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
(c) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
(d) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
8. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photographs of her and Lucette.
(b) Photography of her and Rank.
(c) Photographs of her and Percy.
(d) Photographs of her and Van.
9. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
(b) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
(c) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(d) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
10. What was Van's first novel called?
(a) Les enfants.
(b) Ardors in Ardis.
(c) Letters from Terra.
(d) In the Three-Ninth Kingdom.
11. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
12. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) A caterpillar.
(c) A rude joke.
(d) A ringing phone.
13. What day does Ada's husband die?
(a) April 23.
(b) August 30.
(c) July 18.
(d) February 6.
14. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
(b) David van Veen.
(c) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
(d) The Head Venus Luminary.
15. What does Ada think of Van's change in weight?
(a) She likes that there's more of him.
(b) She thinks he's so skinny, he'll fade away.
(c) She dislikes that he's grown fat.
(d) She likes that he's grown skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Van track down Rack?
2. What does Dorothy come to believe about Van?
3. Who does Van see on the train?
4. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
5. Who is Van's second for the duel?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)