|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van think about the relativistic idea of space-time?
(a) He embraces it.
(b) He thinks it is both true and false simultaneously.
(c) He thinks it is partially true.
(d) He rejects it.
2. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) Inside a book of flowers.
(b) Inside his pillow.
(c) A safe in his library.
(d) A safe in a Swiss bank.
3. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
(b) Six hundred.
(c) Six thousand.
4. Who is Van's second for the duel?
5. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
(b) David van Veen.
(c) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
(d) The Head Venus Luminary.
6. What does Ada suggest that she and Van should do in a few days, after she finishes her business in Geneva?
(a) Go on a tour of England.
(b) Travel back to Ardis Hall.
(c) Go on a cruise to Greece.
(d) Go climbing in the Swiss Alps.
7. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
8. What has Van developed a test for?
(a) Determining pregnancy.
(b) Determining age.
(c) Determining virginity.
(d) Determining happiness.
9. What is Van's purpose in writing his book about time?
(a) To clarify his own understanding of time.
(b) To model with time the evolution of love.
(c) To make clear to the world the reality of time he's discovered.
(d) To make money.
10. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Seeing a comedy show.
(b) Going to a dance.
(c) Seeing a film.
(d) Going to a pool party.
11. What day does Ada's husband die?
(a) July 18.
(b) April 23.
(c) February 6.
(d) August 30.
12. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her foot.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her arm.
13. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is brushing her hair.
(c) She is in the bath.
(d) She is reading a book.
14. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She is sea-sick.
(b) She has insomnia.
(c) She has an earache.
(d) She has a migrane.
15. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 5475 guineas.
(b) 1825 guineas.
(c) 3650 guineas.
(d) 7300 guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
2. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
3. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
4. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
5. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)