|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Buying flowers.
(b) Coddling a baby.
(c) Carrying groceries.
(d) Talking to dogs.
2. What does Van see in Lucette's handbag?
(a) A blue envelope.
(b) A green handkerchief.
(c) A red jewel box.
(d) A yellow laquered mirror.
3. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
(b) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(c) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
(d) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
4. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
(a) Six hundred.
(b) Six thousand.
5. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
6. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
7. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photographs of her and Percy.
(b) Photographs of her and Van.
(c) Photography of her and Rank.
(d) Photographs of her and Lucette.
8. What year are most of the photos that Van and Ada view together taken?
9. What day does Ada's husband die?
(a) February 6.
(b) July 18.
(c) April 23.
(d) August 30.
10. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A tie.
(d) A hat.
11. What sense does Van relate to time?
12. What does Van term the act of pausing and sending the mind slightly backwards, to examine the moment of the present?
(a) Prolonged Present.
(b) Traveled Present.
(c) Deliberate Present.
(d) Considered Present.
13. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(c) Furnished Space.
(d) The Texture of Time.
14. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
(a) Crimea Capitulates.
(b) Cyprus Compromises.
(c) Dominica Dominates.
(d) Romania Reconsiders.
15. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
(a) That, while inverted, he is walking on Terra.
(b) That his neck is as versatile as a tail.
(c) That his arms are disconnected from his body.
(d) That his left arm is shorter than his right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
2. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
3. What occurs as Van enters the hotel to meet Ada?
4. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
5. How does Demon die?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)