|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 1825 guineas.
(b) 5475 guineas.
(c) 3650 guineas.
(d) 7300 guineas.
2. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
(a) Yes, but he will leave the decision to Ada.
(b) Yes, he writes a letter that says so.
(c) No, but he will part from Ada if she wants it.
(d) No, he doesn't care about what society thinks.
3. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
(a) Lord Evan Vanderley and Duke Hawthorne.
(b) Queen Margaritte and Prince Aubrey.
(c) President Claudia Sauter and King Alexander.
(d) President Alexander Screepatch and King Victor.
4. What was Van's first novel called?
(a) Ardors in Ardis.
(b) Letters from Terra.
(c) Les enfants.
(d) In the Three-Ninth Kingdom.
5. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
(a) Took photographs.
(b) Shot a gun.
(c) Juggled objects.
6. How does Demon die?
(a) In an airplane accident.
(b) Of a stroke.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) Of heart failure.
7. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
(a) Her foot.
(b) Her knee.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her hand.
8. What does Ada think of Van's change in weight?
(a) She thinks he's so skinny, he'll fade away.
(b) She likes that he's grown skinny.
(c) She likes that there's more of him.
(d) She dislikes that he's grown fat.
9. Who is Van's second for the duel?
10. To whom does Van send the flowers he buys while waiting for Ada?
(a) No one.
(b) A stranger.
11. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Lucette's doctor.
(b) Van's lawyer.
(c) Demon's business partner.
(d) Ada's lover.
12. Where does Demon say that Lucette was, when he let her know about Dan's death?
13. What word does Greg seem to like to use?
14. What does Van say it's wrong to confuse time with?
15. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
(a) No, but he secretly sends it anyway.
(b) No, she rips it up and throws it away.
(c) Yes, she feels the same as he does.
(d) Yes, but reluctantly and with a critical postscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada suggest that she and Van should do in a few days, after she finishes her business in Geneva?
2. Who does Van have read and forward his letter to Ada about Lucette's death?
3. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
4. How does Van feel about Ada when he first sees her after her husband's death?
5. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)