|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
(a) Her hand.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her foot.
2. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
(a) Queen Margaritte and Prince Aubrey.
(b) President Alexander Screepatch and King Victor.
(c) Lord Evan Vanderley and Duke Hawthorne.
(d) President Claudia Sauter and King Alexander.
3. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The local park.
(c) The university.
(d) The public library.
4. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
(a) A jacket.
(c) A tie.
(d) A hat.
5. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
6. What has Van developed a test for?
(a) Determining pregnancy.
(b) Determining virginity.
(c) Determining happiness.
(d) Determining age.
7. Who does the woman on the boat mistake Van for?
(a) Sidney Star.
(b) Drew Dawson.
(c) Avery Andrews.
(d) Vivian Vale.
8. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Seeing a comedy show.
(b) Going to a pool party.
(c) Seeing a film.
(d) Going to a dance.
9. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
10. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Carrying groceries.
(b) Talking to dogs.
(c) Buying flowers.
(d) Coddling a baby.
11. When Demon is sixty, how old is his Spanish lover?
12. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(d) His father.
13. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
(a) No, but he will part from Ada if she wants it.
(b) Yes, he writes a letter that says so.
(c) No, he doesn't care about what society thinks.
(d) Yes, but he will leave the decision to Ada.
14. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She has insomnia.
(b) She is sea-sick.
(c) She has a migrane.
(d) She has an earache.
15. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
(a) The sun deck.
(b) The forecastle deck.
(c) The main deck.
(d) The promeade deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
2. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
3. What sense does Van relate to time?
4. Who does Van see on the train?
5. What does Ada think of Van's change in weight?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)