|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ada feel about acting tips from Marina?
(a) They were useless and idiotic.
(b) They were somewhat helpful but few.
(c) They were insulting and sarcastic.
(d) They were extremely beneficial.
2. What does Van see in Lucette's handbag?
(a) A green handkerchief.
(b) A yellow laquered mirror.
(c) A blue envelope.
(d) A red jewel box.
3. Where does Van track down Rack?
(a) Van tracks down Rack at a hotel, where he is with a lover.
(b) Rack is at his children's school when Van finds him.
(c) Van finds Rack at his music shop.
(d) Rack is in the hospital where Van is sent.
4. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The local park.
(c) The public library.
(d) The university.
5. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 5475 guineas.
(b) 3650 guineas.
(c) 7300 guineas.
(d) 1825 guineas.
6. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
(a) Annoyed but grateful.
(b) Happy and sad.
(c) Angry and bitter.
(d) Relieved and guilty.
7. What type of fur coat does Ada wear?
(d) Sea otter.
8. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photography of her and Rank.
(b) Photographs of her and Lucette.
(c) Photographs of her and Percy.
(d) Photographs of her and Van.
9. What does Van term the act of pausing and sending the mind slightly backwards, to examine the moment of the present?
(a) Considered Present.
(b) Deliberate Present.
(c) Prolonged Present.
(d) Traveled Present.
10. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
11. What does Van say it's wrong to confuse time with?
12. What symptom causes Andrey to go to the doctor?
(a) He gets dizzy.
(b) He coughs up blood.
(c) His right arm is numb.
(d) He has piercing headaches.
13. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
14. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
(a) A hat.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A tie.
15. What does Ada suggest that she and Van should do in a few days, after she finishes her business in Geneva?
(a) Travel back to Ardis Hall.
(b) Go on a tour of England.
(c) Go on a cruise to Greece.
(d) Go climbing in the Swiss Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense does Van relate to time?
2. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
3. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
4. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
5. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)