|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
(b) A hat.
(c) A tie.
(d) A jacket.
2. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
3. What does Van think about the relativistic idea of space-time?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He embraces it.
(c) He thinks it is both true and false simultaneously.
(d) He thinks it is partially true.
4. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
(a) Children, country, and complaints.
(b) Cubism, communism, and cabaret.
(c) Comedy, Coleridge, and cabbage.
(d) Cactuses, cattle, and cooking.
5. How does Demon die?
(a) In an airplane accident.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) Of a stroke.
(d) Of heart failure.
6. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(a) His father.
7. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
(a) Juggled objects.
(b) Shot a gun.
(d) Took photographs.
8. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
(a) That his arms are disconnected from his body.
(b) That his neck is as versatile as a tail.
(c) That, while inverted, he is walking on Terra.
(d) That his left arm is shorter than his right.
9. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(a) The Texture of Time.
(d) Furnished Space.
10. What type of fur coat does Ada wear?
(b) Sea otter.
11. What symptom causes Andrey to go to the doctor?
(a) He gets dizzy.
(b) His right arm is numb.
(c) He has piercing headaches.
(d) He coughs up blood.
12. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
(b) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
(c) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
(d) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
13. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She is sea-sick.
(b) She has insomnia.
(c) She has a migrane.
(d) She has an earache.
14. Who does Van have read and forward his letter to Ada about Lucette's death?
(b) His former governess.
(c) Ada's husband.
(d) His father.
15. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
(a) A prism.
(b) Colored pencils.
(d) Colored lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
2. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
3. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
4. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
5. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)