|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van have read and forward his letter to Ada about Lucette's death?
(a) Ada's husband.
(b) His father.
(d) His former governess.
2. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She is sea-sick.
(b) She has a migrane.
(c) She has an earache.
(d) She has insomnia.
3. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photography of her and Rank.
(b) Photographs of her and Percy.
(c) Photographs of her and Van.
(d) Photographs of her and Lucette.
4. What part does Ada play in the film "The Young and the Doomed"?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) A governess.
(c) A murdering widow.
(d) A pair of twins.
5. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
(a) Come to Ardis Hall with him.
(b) Come stay at his Manhattan flat with him.
(c) Travel with him to Paris and London.
(d) Go out to dinner with him and spend the night.
6. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
(a) Van's lawyer.
(b) Demon's business partner.
(c) Lucette's doctor.
(d) Ada's lover.
7. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
(a) Queen Margaritte and Prince Aubrey.
(b) President Claudia Sauter and King Alexander.
(c) President Alexander Screepatch and King Victor.
(d) Lord Evan Vanderley and Duke Hawthorne.
8. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
(a) Yes, but he will leave the decision to Ada.
(b) No, he doesn't care about what society thinks.
(c) No, but he will part from Ada if she wants it.
(d) Yes, he writes a letter that says so.
9. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
(b) Took photographs.
(c) Shot a gun.
(d) Juggled objects.
10. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
(a) Yes, but reluctantly and with a critical postscript.
(b) No, but he secretly sends it anyway.
(c) No, she rips it up and throws it away.
(d) Yes, she feels the same as he does.
11. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
12. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
13. What does Van term the act of pausing and sending the mind slightly backwards, to examine the moment of the present?
(a) Deliberate Present.
(b) Prolonged Present.
(c) Considered Present.
(d) Traveled Present.
14. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Going to a pool party.
(b) Seeing a film.
(c) Seeing a comedy show.
(d) Going to a dance.
15. What year are most of the photos that Van and Ada view together taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
2. Who is Van's second for the duel?
3. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
4. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
5. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)