|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
(a) His father.
2. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
(a) Beginning to learn to paint.
(b) Beginning to write his first book.
(c) Learning to master chess.
(d) Composing songs.
3. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Seeing a comedy show.
(b) Going to a pool party.
(c) Seeing a film.
(d) Going to a dance.
4. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
(a) Dominica Dominates.
(b) Romania Reconsiders.
(c) Crimea Capitulates.
(d) Cyprus Compromises.
5. What is Lucette studying in 1892?
(a) History of Music.
(b) History of Literature.
(c) History of Philosophy.
(d) History of Art.
6. How long does Van tell Demon his affair with Ada has been going on?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Nine years.
7. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I love you.
(b) I need you.
(c) I miss you.
(d) I implore you.
8. What does Van see in Lucette's handbag?
(a) A yellow laquered mirror.
(b) A green handkerchief.
(c) A red jewel box.
(d) A blue envelope.
9. What is Cordula doing when Van runs into her?
(a) Coddling a baby.
(b) Buying flowers.
(c) Carrying groceries.
(d) Talking to dogs.
10. What day does Ada's husband die?
(a) April 23.
(b) February 6.
(c) August 30.
(d) July 18.
11. Who quips to Veen that he doesn't really need two women?
12. What department does Van study in at Kingston University, Mayne, in the Fall of 1892?
(a) Art Terrapy Department.
(b) Terraputic Development Department.
(c) Department of Terrapy.
(d) Department of New Terrapists.
13. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photographs of her and Van.
(b) Photographs of her and Lucette.
(c) Photographs of her and Percy.
(d) Photography of her and Rank.
14. What symptom causes Andrey to go to the doctor?
(a) His right arm is numb.
(b) He gets dizzy.
(c) He coughs up blood.
(d) He has piercing headaches.
15. Why have the Robinsons given Lucette some medicine?
(a) She is sea-sick.
(b) She has an earache.
(c) She has insomnia.
(d) She has a migrane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ada feel about acting tips from Marina?
2. Who does Van see on the train?
3. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
4. How does Demon die?
5. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)