|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
(a) Shorts and a blue shirt.
(b) A yellow tennis outfit.
(c) A long white formal dress.
(d) A robe and slippers.
2. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(d) Overly affectionate.
3. What board game is "Flavita" a Russian version of?
4. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their lips.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their noses.
(d) Their eyes.
5. What does Blanche tell Van?
(a) That Ada has slept with someone else.
(b) That the governess knows of Van and Ada's affair.
(c) That Lucette is planning to run away with him.
(d) That Marina is having an affair with Pedro.
6. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
7. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(a) The governness.
8. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(c) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(d) An article in Greek about tennis.
9. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Add more flowers to it.
(c) Put it in a museum.
(d) Hide it.
10. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
(a) She hates roses.
(b) She adoes roses.
(c) She is allergic to roses.
(d) She likes roses, but not as much as daisies.
11. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(d) The governess.
12. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
(a) On a balcony, peeling an apple.
(b) In the music room, playing the piano.
(c) In her bedroom, fast asleep.
(d) In Lucette's room, reading her a book.
13. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
(a) To find a back way out of the house.
(b) To look for a restroom.
(c) To say goodbye to the family.
(d) To find a quiet place to lie down.
14. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
(b) Being scolded by the governess.
(c) Riding a horse.
(d) Holding hands with Blanche.
15. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has broken her ankle.
(b) She has strained her back.
(c) She has bruised her ribs.
(d) She has sprained her wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
2. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
3. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
4. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
5. Does Van talk to Ada before he leaves?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)