|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(a) The governness.
2. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) April 2.
(b) Feburary 12.
(c) March 7.
(d) January 5.
3. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(c) Herr Masoch.
(d) Heinrch Muller.
4. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take Ada to a dance.
(b) To lend the governess a book.
(c) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
5. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
6. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To impress Van.
(b) To distract herself from the awful food.
(c) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(d) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
7. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
8. Does Van talk to Ada before he leaves?
(a) Yes, he seeks her out.
(b) No, he cannot find her.
(c) No, he carefully avoids her.
(d) Yes, but he didn't plan to.
9. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A deck of risque playing cards.
(b) A picture of a nude woman.
(c) A small sculpture of an apple.
(d) An engraved cigarette case.
10. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Marina and the governess.
(b) Van and Marina.
(c) Ada and Van.
(d) Ada and the governess.
11. What stage name does Van perform under?
12. What color does Demon dye his hair?
13. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(a) The governess bringing tea.
(b) His aunt shaking him.
(c) A bell.
14. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
15. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) A hambone from the kitchen.
(b) Clothes from Van's room.
(c) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
(d) A bird he has caught in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
2. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
3. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
4. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
5. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)