|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
(a) That Van detests her.
(b) That Van is her uterine brother.
(c) That Van is gay.
(d) That Van is secretly a woman.
2. What does Bout comment is covered in dust?
(a) A globe.
(b) A book.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) A mirror.
3. What color are Ada's eyes?
4. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) April 2.
(b) March 7.
(c) Feburary 12.
(d) January 5.
5. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(b) Do a somersault.
(c) Walk on her hands.
(d) Do a cartwheel.
6. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(b) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
(c) A bathing suit and green towel.
(d) A gray shirt and shorts.
7. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take Ada to a dance.
(b) To return Marina's lighter.
(c) To lend the governess a book.
(d) To take a horseback riding lesson.
8. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
(a) A robe and slippers.
(b) Shorts and a blue shirt.
(c) A yellow tennis outfit.
(d) A long white formal dress.
9. What board game is "Flavita" a Russian version of?
10. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Heinrch Muller.
(b) Herr Masoch.
(c) Marquis de Sade.
11. What does Ana raise?
12. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) Because Lucette hates baths.
(b) Because Lucette smells bad.
(c) To attempt to drown her.
(d) To escape from her for a few minutes.
13. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A small, jeweled butterfly.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A monogramed handkerchief.
(d) A diamond necklace.
14. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
(a) A subscription to the Chose Chase magazine.
(b) A position with his father's company.
(c) Entrance into the Venus Villa Club.
(d) A trip to Australia and Nice.
15. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(b) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(c) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(d) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
Short Answer Questions
1. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
2. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
3. What is Ada's hair like?
4. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
5. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)