|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Van born?
2. Where is Van and Ada's first sexual encounter?
(a) In Van's room.
(b) In an apple tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a pond.
3. What color does Demon dye his hair?
4. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
6. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) Clothes from Van's room.
(b) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(c) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
(d) A hambone from the kitchen.
7. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) March 7.
(b) April 2.
(c) January 5.
(d) Feburary 12.
8. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
(a) That Van is secretly a woman.
(b) That Van detests her.
(c) That Van is her uterine brother.
(d) That Van is gay.
9. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(b) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
(c) A gray shirt and shorts.
(d) A bathing suit and green towel.
10. What does Marina suspect might be Van's reason for leaving?
(a) He has left a girlfriend in London.
(b) He is eloping with Blanche.
(c) He is angry at something she said.
(d) His father is ill.
11. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(b) Rain has started to pour down.
(c) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(d) They are angry and want to each be alone.
12. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their lips.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their noses.
13. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
(a) A car.
(b) An airplane.
(c) Ardis Hall.
(d) A Manhattan apartment.
14. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Ninety minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
15. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(a) Overly affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
2. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
3. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
4. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)