Short Answer Key
Book One, Chapters 1-5
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
3. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
4. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
5. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
A picture of a nude woman.
6. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
He was having an affair with Marina.
7. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
Heart rending sounds.
8. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
About nine months.
9. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
10. Who is...
This section contains 2,467 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)