|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van see in Lucette's handbag?
(a) A yellow laquered mirror.
(b) A blue envelope.
(c) A red jewel box.
(d) A green handkerchief.
2. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
(a) President Claudia Sauter and King Alexander.
(b) Lord Evan Vanderley and Duke Hawthorne.
(c) Queen Margaritte and Prince Aubrey.
(d) President Alexander Screepatch and King Victor.
3. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A small, jeweled butterfly.
(c) A monogramed handkerchief.
(d) An engagement ring.
4. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
5. Who does Ada say Van should have married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
2. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
3. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
4. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
5. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)