|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
(a) Travel with him to Paris and London.
(b) Come to Ardis Hall with him.
(c) Come stay at his Manhattan flat with him.
(d) Go out to dinner with him and spend the night.
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(b) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(c) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(d) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
3. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
(b) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
(c) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
(d) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
4. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
(a) Heart rending sounds.
(b) Rays of hope.
(c) Bursting memories.
(d) Sickening sadness.
5. What combination of Van and Ada's name is used in the final chapter to indicate the couple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van's earliest memory?
2. What does Dorothy come to believe about Van?
3. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
4. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
5. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)