|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
2. What does Marina suspect might be Van's reason for leaving?
(a) His father is ill.
(b) He is angry at something she said.
(c) He is eloping with Blanche.
(d) He has left a girlfriend in London.
3. What does VPL stand for?
(a) Veen Partners Limited.
(b) Valuing Personal Liabilities.
(c) Variegated Plastic Linings.
(d) Very Private Letters.
4. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
5. What word does the person who left the note in Van's jacket use for "dupe"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
2. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
3. What symptom causes Andrey to go to the doctor?
4. What does Van tell Lucette when she calls to ask to come to his room?
5. What does Van expect to happen to his memoirs?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)