|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a new hat and coat.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a book for Marina.
(d) Washing in a stream.
2. How does the blind Spencer Muldoon describe colors?
(a) As "fat" or "thin."
(b) As "big" or "small."
(c) As "expansive" or "internal."
(d) As "strong" or "weak."
3. What are the "three C's" Lucette says were talked about at Ada's house?
(a) Children, country, and complaints.
(b) Comedy, Coleridge, and cabbage.
(c) Cactuses, cattle, and cooking.
(d) Cubism, communism, and cabaret.
4. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) Yes, she promises she will.
(b) No, she's not sure she can.
(c) No, she is adamant that she will not.
(d) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
2. What does Dorothy come to believe about Van?
3. What is Lucette studying in 1892?
4. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
5. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)