|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Van's first novel called?
(a) Les enfants.
(b) Ardors in Ardis.
(c) In the Three-Ninth Kingdom.
(d) Letters from Terra.
2. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
(a) The art museum.
(b) The public library.
(c) The local park.
(d) The university.
3. What is Van's purpose in writing his book about time?
(a) To make money.
(b) To make clear to the world the reality of time he's discovered.
(c) To clarify his own understanding of time.
(d) To model with time the evolution of love.
4. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
(a) Annoyed but grateful.
(b) Relieved and guilty.
(c) Angry and bitter.
(d) Happy and sad.
5. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
(a) The main deck.
(b) The promeade deck.
(c) The forecastle deck.
(d) The sun deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
2. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
3. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
4. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)