|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lucette studying in 1892?
(a) History of Philosophy.
(b) History of Music.
(c) History of Art.
(d) History of Literature.
2. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
(a) In the music room, playing the piano.
(b) On a balcony, peeling an apple.
(c) In Lucette's room, reading her a book.
(d) In her bedroom, fast asleep.
3. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(b) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(c) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(d) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
4. What does Van term the act of pausing and sending the mind slightly backwards, to examine the moment of the present?
(a) Traveled Present.
(b) Considered Present.
(c) Deliberate Present.
(d) Prolonged Present.
5. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Ada and Van.
(b) Ada and the governess.
(c) Van and Marina.
(d) Marina and the governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
2. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
3. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
4. What does Dack run through the house with?
5. What did the artillery officer played by Kim Eskimossoff do for comic effect?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)