|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothy come to believe about Van?
(a) That he's Ada's lover.
(b) That he's secretly in love with Dorothy.
(c) That he's helping Ada arrange to meet a lover.
(d) That he's helping Ada meet a divorce lawyer.
2. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
(a) Yes, she feels the same as he does.
(b) No, she rips it up and throws it away.
(c) No, but he secretly sends it anyway.
(d) Yes, but reluctantly and with a critical postscript.
3. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What activity does Marina do out on the lawn?
(a) Cooks breakfast.
(b) Sorts her library books.
(c) Tries on and chooses new shoes.
(d) Has her hair styled.
5. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
(b) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(c) A girl in his class at school.
(d) A girl who works at the movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
2. What gift does Dan give Ada for her birthday?
3. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
4. What does Ada think of Van's change in weight?
5. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)