|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their hands.
(b) Their lips.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their noses.
2. What does Kim Beuharnais use to extort money from Ada?
(a) Photography of her and Rank.
(b) Photographs of her and Van.
(c) Photographs of her and Percy.
(d) Photographs of her and Lucette.
3. What does Van insist on doing to avoid going to bed the first night on the cruise?
(a) Seeing a film.
(b) Going to a dance.
(c) Going to a pool party.
(d) Seeing a comedy show.
4. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To lend the governess a book.
(b) To return Marina's lighter.
(c) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(d) To take Ada to a dance.
5. Where was Van born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
3. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
4. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
5. To whom does Van send the flowers he buys while waiting for Ada?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)