|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Undertaker to the insecta.
(b) In mourning for a lost flower.
(c) Untouchable angel of death.
(d) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
2. After meeting with Demon, does Van believe he should part with Ada?
(a) No, he doesn't care about what society thinks.
(b) Yes, but he will leave the decision to Ada.
(c) No, but he will part from Ada if she wants it.
(d) Yes, he writes a letter that says so.
3. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) His aunt.
(b) Only servants.
(c) Only animals.
(d) His father.
4. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
5. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
(a) 1825 guineas.
(b) 7300 guineas.
(c) 3650 guineas.
(d) 5475 guineas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
2. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
3. What year are most of the photos that Van and Ada view together taken?
4. Who fights by the edge of the brook?
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)