|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) Only animals.
(d) Only servants.
2. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
(b) Untouchable angel of death.
(c) Undertaker to the insecta.
(d) In mourning for a lost flower.
3. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(c) The Texture of Time.
(d) Furnished Space.
4. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(b) Buying a new hat and coat.
(c) Washing in a stream.
(d) Buying a book for Marina.
5. Is Van faithful to Ada?
(a) No, he is unfaithful to her once.
(b) Yes, but he still desires other women.
(c) No, he is contantly unfaithful to her.
(d) Yes, and he never desires another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
2. What does Blanche tell Van?
3. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
4. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
5. On what deck of the boat does Van initially find Lucette?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)