|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
(a) I need you.
(b) I implore you.
(c) I love you.
(d) I miss you.
2. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
(b) Holding hands with Blanche.
(c) Being scolded by the governess.
(d) Riding a horse.
3. What kind of fish does Lucette have when she and Van go to lunch?
4. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A statue and a dog.
(b) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(c) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
(d) A visiting painter and a horse.
5. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
(a) They deliver letters only in person and burn them after reading.
(b) They write letters in disappearing ink.
(c) They write letters in code.
(d) They write letters reversed and read them in mirrors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
2. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
3. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
4. What does Ada think of telling Lucette, to get her to leave Van alone?
5. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)