|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(c) Herr Masoch.
(d) Heinrch Muller.
2. Where was Van born?
3. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(a) The Texture of Time.
(d) Furnished Space.
4. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her mother when she first gave birth.
(b) Her father when he took his third lover.
(c) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
(d) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
5. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(d) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what drink does Van attribute his boyish look?
2. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
3. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
4. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
5. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)