|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About eighteen months.
(d) About two years.
3. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
4. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A monogramed handkerchief.
(d) A small, jeweled butterfly.
5. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(b) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(c) To distract herself from the awful food.
(d) To impress Van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does VPL stand for?
2. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
3. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
4. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
5. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)