|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van track down Rack?
(a) Rack is at his children's school when Van finds him.
(b) Rack is in the hospital where Van is sent.
(c) Van finds Rack at his music shop.
(d) Van tracks down Rack at a hotel, where he is with a lover.
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Washing in a stream.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a book for Marina.
(d) Buying a new hat and coat.
3. Who is Van's second for the duel?
4. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
(b) A girl who works at the movie theater.
(c) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(d) A girl in his class at school.
5. Who is visiting Villa Venus, causing it to be overrun with police?
(a) President Alexander Screepatch and King Victor.
(b) President Claudia Sauter and King Alexander.
(c) Queen Margaritte and Prince Aubrey.
(d) Lord Evan Vanderley and Duke Hawthorne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
2. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
3. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
4. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
5. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)