|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
(a) A car.
(b) A Manhattan apartment.
(c) Ardis Hall.
(d) An airplane.
2. At sixteen, who does Ada say she's older than?
(a) Her aunt when she first went into the asylum.
(b) Her father when he took his third lover.
(c) Her grandmother at the time of her first divorce.
(d) Her mother when she first gave birth.
3. What does Marina have in her screwdrivers instead of orange juice?
(a) Apple juice.
(b) Tomato juice.
(c) Lime juice.
(d) Grapefruit juice.
4. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Van's books?
(a) The Texture of Time.
(d) Furnished Space.
5. What color does Demon dye his hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the weather during Demon's dinner with Marina, Van, and Ada?
2. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
3. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
4. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
5. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)