|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the research assistant leave near Muldoon that reveals the blind man perceives colors?
(a) A prism.
(c) Colored pencils.
(d) Colored lights.
2. Where does Percy de Prey ask Van to meet him?
(a) At the stables behind Ardis Hall.
(b) At the creek in the woods.
(c) At the islet in Lake Ladore.
(d) At Maidenhair Road and Tourbiure Lane.
3. What names does Nabokov use for the world of the novel?
(a) Elysium and Hel.
(b) Demonia and Antiterra.
(c) Shadia and Paradisia.
(d) Terrafirma and Terraductile.
4. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
(a) Her braided hair.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her lipstick.
(d) Her dress.
5. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
(a) Relieved and guilty.
(b) Angry and bitter.
(c) Happy and sad.
(d) Annoyed but grateful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
2. What color does Demon dye his hair?
3. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
4. Who is Van's second for the duel?
5. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)