|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(b) Overly affectionate.
2. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
(a) A belhop who drops his luggage at the hotel.
(b) A waiter who addresses him insolently at dinner.
(c) A duke who steps on his toes on the train.
(d) A captain he accidentally bumps into leaving the train.
3. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
(a) A hand-mirror.
(d) A toy.
4. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) David van Veen.
(b) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
(c) The Head Venus Luminary.
(d) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
5. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To distract herself from the awful food.
(b) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(c) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(d) To impress Van.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
2. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
3. At the Villa Venus where Van goes for the last time, what causes the grand piano to play?
4. What is Van doing while he stays at Cordula's?
5. What is the best Franco-Estonian restaurant in Manhattan Major?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)