|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Greek about tennis.
(b) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(c) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(d) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
2. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) In mourning for a lost flower.
(b) Untouchable angel of death.
(c) Undertaker to the insecta.
(d) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
3. How many copies of Van's book are sold in the first year?
(b) Six hundred.
(d) Six thousand.
4. What year are most of the photos that Van and Ada view together taken?
5. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(b) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
(c) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(d) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
Short Answer Questions
1. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
2. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
3. When Demon is sixty, how old is his Spanish lover?
4. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
5. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)