|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Demon not want to turn Van over to the authorities for incest?
(a) He doesn't want Van punished.
(b) He doesn't believe Van has done anything wrong.
(c) He doesn't want to hurt Ada.
(d) He doesn't want the publicity.
2. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
(a) Rays of hope.
(b) Heart rending sounds.
(c) Sickening sadness.
(d) Bursting memories.
3. What causes Eberthella Brown to spill her coffee?
(a) A ringing phone.
(b) A caterpillar.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A rude joke.
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(c) An article in Greek about tennis.
(d) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
5. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
(a) Put it in a museum.
(b) Hide it.
(c) Add more flowers to it.
(d) Destroy it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lucette say she feels when she runs into Van?
2. What restaurant do Cordula and Van order food from?
3. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
4. What does Van see in Lucette's handbag?
5. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)