|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the newspaper Van's father is reading at the airport say?
(a) Dominica Dominates.
(b) Cyprus Compromises.
(c) Crimea Capitulates.
(d) Romania Reconsiders.
2. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
(b) David van Veen.
(c) The Head Venus Luminary.
(d) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
3. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
(b) Overly affectionate.
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To distract herself from the awful food.
(b) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(c) To impress Van.
(d) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
5. Does Van talk to Ada before he leaves?
(a) Yes, he seeks her out.
(b) No, he cannot find her.
(c) No, he carefully avoids her.
(d) Yes, but he didn't plan to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage name does Van perform under?
2. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
3. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
4. Where do Ada and Van go, where Van compares Ada's body to the girlish body of the past?
5. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)