|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a new hat and coat.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a book for Marina.
(d) Washing in a stream.
3. What two kinds of dreams does Van generally have?
(a) Exotic and mundane dreams.
(b) Frightening and entrancing dreams.
(c) Professional and erotic dreams.
(d) Lucid and unremembered dreams.
4. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
(a) In a bathroom.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In a closet.
5. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(b) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
(c) A visiting painter and a horse.
(d) A statue and a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Ana use repetitively throughout her first communication with Van?
2. What contact with Ada excites Van?
3. What does Van not bother to put on before heading out to meet Ada?
4. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)