|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van keep Ada's communications for fifty years?
(a) A safe in a Swiss bank.
(b) Inside his pillow.
(c) A safe in his library.
(d) Inside a book of flowers.
2. Who does Van think is the most obvious choice that might have given him the note?
(b) The governess.
3. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(b) They are angry and want to each be alone.
(c) Rain has started to pour down.
(d) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(b) To impress Van.
(c) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(d) To distract herself from the awful food.
5. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) A gazebo.
(b) A barn.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Demon dye his hair?
2. Who does Van challenge to a duel?
3. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
4. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
5. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)