|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
2. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In a bathroom.
(d) In her bedroom.
3. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
(a) A hat.
(b) A shawl.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A skirt.
4. What is Cordula doing the first time Van tries to walk on his hands after his injury?
(a) She is in the bath.
(b) She is reading a book.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is brushing her hair.
5. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Undertaker to the insecta.
(b) In mourning for a lost flower.
(c) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
(d) Untouchable angel of death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage name does Van perform under?
2. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
3. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
4. What color are Ada's eyes?
5. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)