|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(c) An article in Greek about tennis.
(d) An article in Dutch about oystering.
2. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
(a) A rented brownstone.
(b) The Winster Hotel for Young Ladies.
(c) The Savoy Hotel.
(d) Van's apartment.
3. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To distract herself from the awful food.
(b) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(c) To impress Van.
(d) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
4. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
5. What does Van see in Lucette's handbag?
(a) A blue envelope.
(b) A red jewel box.
(c) A yellow laquered mirror.
(d) A green handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eric envision as the yearly fee for membership in Villa Venus?
2. What does Ana raise?
3. What color does Demon dye his hair?
4. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
5. What contact with Ada excites Van?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)