|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) In the library.
(b) At a picnic.
(c) At the zoo.
(d) At the dentist.
2. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
(a) They write letters in code.
(b) They write letters reversed and read them in mirrors.
(c) They deliver letters only in person and burn them after reading.
(d) They write letters in disappearing ink.
3. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They are angry and want to each be alone.
(b) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(c) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(d) Rain has started to pour down.
4. What meaning does Marina put on Ada's black jumper and black skirt?
(a) Undertaker to the insecta.
(b) In mourning for a lost flower.
(c) Deep and perilous void of mystery.
(d) Untouchable angel of death.
5. What feature of Ada does Van most delight in?
(a) Her neck.
(b) Her forehead.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her eyebrows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Van spend his free time while he is staying at Cordula's?
2. Who is Mr. Gromwell?
3. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
4. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)