|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(b) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(c) Rain has started to pour down.
(d) They are angry and want to each be alone.
2. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(b) To distract herself from the awful food.
(c) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(d) To impress Van.
3. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
(a) To say goodbye to the family.
(b) To look for a restroom.
(c) To find a quiet place to lie down.
(d) To find a back way out of the house.
4. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(b) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(c) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
(d) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
5. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) An engraved cigarette case.
(b) A small sculpture of an apple.
(c) A deck of risque playing cards.
(d) A picture of a nude woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Van write a letter to, to be sent in case he is killed in the duel?
2. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
3. In the central photograph on a page of small images, what is the only part of Ada that's visible?
4. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)