|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapters 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blanche tell Van?
(a) That the governess knows of Van and Ada's affair.
(b) That Marina is having an affair with Pedro.
(c) That Ada has slept with someone else.
(d) That Lucette is planning to run away with him.
2. What stage name does Van perform under?
3. Where does Van track down Rack?
(a) Rack is in the hospital where Van is sent.
(b) Van tracks down Rack at a hotel, where he is with a lover.
(c) Van finds Rack at his music shop.
(d) Rack is at his children's school when Van finds him.
4. Who chooses the girls at Villa Venus?
(a) Councils of Elderly Noblemen.
(b) A beautiful, lesbian house-mother.
(c) David van Veen.
(d) The Head Venus Luminary.
5. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A girl in his class at school.
(b) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(c) A girl who works at the movie theater.
(d) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada say about the roses Percy gives her?
2. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
3. What does Dack run through the house with?
4. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
5. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)