|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has bruised her ribs.
(b) She has strained her back.
(c) She has sprained her wrist.
(d) She has broken her ankle.
2. Where do Ada and Van go, where Van compares Ada's body to the girlish body of the past?
(a) The stables where the horses are kept.
(b) A tumbled down tower in a meadow.
(c) A mushroom cave behind a small wood.
(d) A small island in Lake Ladore.
3. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
4. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) Only animals.
(d) Only servants.
5. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) April 2.
(b) January 5.
(c) Feburary 12.
(d) March 7.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
2. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
3. What color does Demon dye his hair?
4. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
5. What contact with Ada excites Van?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)