|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(c) The governess.
2. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
3. What happens to the weather during Demon's dinner with Marina, Van, and Ada?
(a) It begins to snow.
(b) It begins to hail.
(c) It begins to thunder and lightning.
(d) A violent windstorm errupts.
4. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A school room.
(c) A greenhouse.
(d) A play room.
5. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Washing in a stream.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a new hat and coat.
(d) Buying a book for Marina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
2. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
3. Where do Ada and Van go, where Van compares Ada's body to the girlish body of the past?
4. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
5. What game did Van win in a match against Pat Rishin at Chose in 1887?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)