|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
(a) To find a back way out of the house.
(b) To say goodbye to the family.
(c) To find a quiet place to lie down.
(d) To look for a restroom.
2. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To escape from her for a few minutes.
(b) Because Lucette hates baths.
(c) To attempt to drown her.
(d) Because Lucette smells bad.
3. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(a) The governness.
4. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) Clothes from Van's room.
(b) A hambone from the kitchen.
(c) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(d) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
5. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A gazebo.
(d) A barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
2. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
3. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
4. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
5. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)