|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Ada and Van.
(b) Ada and the governess.
(c) Marina and the governess.
(d) Van and Marina.
2. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About two years.
(b) About eighteen months.
(c) About nine months.
(d) About three weeks.
3. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
(a) A hand-mirror.
(b) A toy.
4. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) January 5.
(b) April 2.
(c) March 7.
(d) Feburary 12.
5. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) His father.
(b) Only servants.
(c) His aunt.
(d) Only animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
3. What color does Demon dye his hair?
4. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
5. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)