|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(d) The governess.
2. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
3. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
(b) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(c) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(d) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
4. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To escape from her for a few minutes.
(b) Because Lucette smells bad.
(c) To attempt to drown her.
(d) Because Lucette hates baths.
5. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
(a) A toy.
(b) A hand-mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
2. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
3. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
4. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
5. What does Dick give Van as payment for losing the card game?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)