|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(b) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(c) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(d) An article in Greek about tennis.
2. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their lips.
(b) Their noses.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their hands.
3. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To return Marina's lighter.
(b) To lend the governess a book.
(c) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(d) To take Ada to a dance.
4. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
5. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About two years.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About eighteen months.
(d) About three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. After playing a game, Van tries to get Lucette to go to bed and promises to bring her something. What does he promise to bring her?
2. What color does Demon dye his hair?
3. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
4. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
5. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)