|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their lips.
(b) Their noses.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their eyes.
2. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
(a) A hat.
(b) A skirt.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A shawl.
3. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Heinrch Muller.
(b) Marquis de Sade.
(d) Herr Masoch.
4. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
(b) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(c) Clothes from Van's room.
(d) A hambone from the kitchen.
5. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(b) Rain has started to pour down.
(c) They are angry and want to each be alone.
(d) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
2. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
3. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
4. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)