|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
2. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Marina and the governess.
(b) Van and Marina.
(c) Ada and the governess.
(d) Ada and Van.
3. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(c) An article in Greek about tennis.
(d) An article in Dutch about oystering.
4. Where was Van born?
5. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
(a) They write letters in disappearing ink.
(b) They deliver letters only in person and burn them after reading.
(c) They write letters reversed and read them in mirrors.
(d) They write letters in code.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
3. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
4. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
5. What contact with Ada excites Van?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)