|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ana raise?
2. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
(a) Rays of hope.
(b) Heart rending sounds.
(c) Bursting memories.
(d) Sickening sadness.
3. Where was Van born?
4. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) Only animals.
(b) Only servants.
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
5. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
2. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
3. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
4. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)