|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take Ada to a dance.
(b) To return Marina's lighter.
(c) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(d) To lend the governess a book.
2. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A girl who works at the movie theater.
(b) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(c) A girl in his class at school.
(d) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
3. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
(a) Heart rending sounds.
(b) Rays of hope.
(c) Bursting memories.
(d) Sickening sadness.
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(b) A gray shirt and shorts.
(c) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
(d) A bathing suit and green towel.
5. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has bruised her ribs.
(b) She has broken her ankle.
(c) She has strained her back.
(d) She has sprained her wrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
2. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
3. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
4. What does Ana raise?
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)