|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) Only animals.
(b) His aunt.
(c) Only servants.
(d) His father.
2. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) About two years.
(c) About eighteen months.
(d) About nine months.
3. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) Rain has started to pour down.
(b) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
(c) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(d) They are angry and want to each be alone.
4. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To lend the governess a book.
(b) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(c) To take Ada to a dance.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
5. Where is Van and Ada's first sexual encounter?
(a) In Van's room.
(b) In a pond.
(c) In an apple tree.
(d) In a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. What is Ada's hair like?
3. What does Ana raise?
4. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
5. Where does Marina have breakfast?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)