|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has bruised her ribs.
(b) She has sprained her wrist.
(c) She has broken her ankle.
(d) She has strained her back.
2. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their hands.
(b) Their noses.
(c) Their lips.
(d) Their eyes.
3. What color are Ada's eyes?
4. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Do a somersault.
(b) Walk on her hands.
(c) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(d) Do a cartwheel.
5. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(a) No one.
(c) The headmistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
2. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
3. What does Dack run through the house with?
4. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
5. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)