|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(a) A bell.
(b) His aunt shaking him.
(c) The governess bringing tea.
2. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Do a cartwheel.
(b) Walk on her hands.
(c) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(d) Do a somersault.
3. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(c) No one.
(d) The headmistress.
4. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In bed.
(c) In the sitting room.
(d) In the dining room.
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(c) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(d) An article in Greek about tennis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
3. Where was Van born?
4. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
5. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)