|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(a) The governess.
2. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Put it in a museum.
(c) Add more flowers to it.
(d) Hide it.
3. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He spread rumors about Demon.
(b) He was having an affair with Marina.
(c) He spread rumors about Marina.
(d) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
4. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) In the library.
(c) At the dentist.
(d) At a picnic.
5. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has sprained her wrist.
(b) She has strained her back.
(c) She has broken her ankle.
(d) She has bruised her ribs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
2. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
3. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
4. What contact with Ada excites Van?
5. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)