|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) Because Lucette hates baths.
(b) Because Lucette smells bad.
(c) To attempt to drown her.
(d) To escape from her for a few minutes.
2. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He spread rumors about Demon.
(b) He was having an affair with Marina.
(c) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
(d) He spread rumors about Marina.
4. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(b) The governess bringing tea.
(c) A bell.
(d) His aunt shaking him.
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Greek about tennis.
(b) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(c) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(d) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
2. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
3. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
4. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
5. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)