|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has sprained her wrist.
(b) She has bruised her ribs.
(c) She has strained her back.
(d) She has broken her ankle.
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(b) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(c) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(d) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
3. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Ninety minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Two hours.
4. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
(a) A deck of risque playing cards.
(b) A picture of a nude woman.
(c) An engraved cigarette case.
(d) A small sculpture of an apple.
5. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their lips.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their noses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
2. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
3. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
4. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
5. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)