|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(b) Heinrch Muller.
(c) Marquis de Sade.
(d) Herr Masoch.
2. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has bruised her ribs.
(b) She has strained her back.
(c) She has sprained her wrist.
(d) She has broken her ankle.
3. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) Yes, she promises she will.
(b) No, she's not sure she can.
(c) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
(d) No, she is adamant that she will not.
4. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
(b) A statue and a dog.
(c) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(d) A visiting painter and a horse.
5. What wakes Van his first morning at his aunt's home?
(a) His aunt shaking him.
(b) A bell.
(c) The governess bringing tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. When writing her husband from sanatoriums, Aqua sometimes used a Russian term meaning what?
2. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
3. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
4. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)