|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(c) The governness.
2. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
(a) A greenhouse.
(b) A play room.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A school room.
3. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To take a horseback riding lesson.
(b) To take Ada to a dance.
(c) To lend the governess a book.
(d) To return Marina's lighter.
4. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) His father.
(b) Only servants.
(c) Only animals.
(d) His aunt.
5. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) A hambone from the kitchen.
(b) A bird he has caught in the garden.
(c) Clothes from Van's room.
(d) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Ana raise?
3. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
5. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)