|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 21-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marina, Demon, and Daniel's shared birthday?
(a) Feburary 12.
(b) March 7.
(c) January 5.
(d) April 2.
2. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(b) The governness.
3. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About eighteen months.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About three weeks.
(d) About two years.
4. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
(a) A visiting painter and a horse.
(b) A statue and a dog.
(c) A visiting parson and a caterpillar.
(d) A dock worker and a carriage driver.
5. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) A barn.
(b) A gazebo.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A lighthouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contact with Ada excites Van?
2. How do Ada and Van keep their correspondence secret?
3. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
4. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
5. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)