|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Five, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Van invite Lucette to do?
(a) Come stay at his Manhattan flat with him.
(b) Go out to dinner with him and spend the night.
(c) Come to Ardis Hall with him.
(d) Travel with him to Paris and London.
2. What does Van think about the relativistic idea of space-time?
(a) He rejects it.
(b) He thinks it is partially true.
(c) He thinks it is both true and false simultaneously.
(d) He embraces it.
3. What does Van say it's wrong to confuse time with?
4. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
(a) To lend the governess a book.
(b) To take Ada to a dance.
(c) To return Marina's lighter.
(d) To take a horseback riding lesson.
5. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
3. Does Ada allow Van to send his apologetic letter to Lucette?
4. Where is Lucette staying in New York?
5. Who is Van's second for the duel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)