|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Van spend in Cordula's Manhattan flat?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A week.
2. What color is Van's terrycloth robe?
3. Why does Van give bribes to the janitor at his building?
(a) So the janitor won't give out any information about the Veens.
(b) So the janitor will fix problems in his apartment.
(c) So the janitor won't distribute the photos he's taken of Van.
(d) So the janitor will deliver food and do other errands for Van.
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(c) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(d) An article in Greek about tennis.
5. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Buying a book for Marina.
(b) Buying a new hat and coat.
(c) Washing in a stream.
(d) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Ada's eyes?
2. Where does Marina have breakfast?
3. What does VPL stand for?
4. What feeling does Van have while he tries to walk on his hands?
5. What does Van's father offer to try to buy for him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)