|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 34-38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Washing in a stream.
(b) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(c) Buying a new hat and coat.
(d) Buying a book for Marina.
2. What feature of Ada does Van most delight in?
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her forehead.
(d) Her eyebrows.
3. Where do Ada and Van lock up Lucette, ostensibly playing hide and seek, so that they can be alone?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In a closet.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In a bathroom.
4. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(b) A girl in his class at school.
(c) A girl who works at the movie theater.
(d) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
5. What does Dack run through the house with?
(a) A hambone from the kitchen.
(b) Clothes from Van's room.
(c) Cottonwool soaked with blood.
(d) A bird he has caught in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
2. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
3. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
4. When Demon sees Ada, what about her appearance can he not bear?
5. What figures are prominent in Ada's early memories of learning about male anatomy and sex?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)