|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
(b) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(c) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(d) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
2. What question of Van's does Ada not answer in Chapter 12?
(a) What she dreams about at night.
(b) What the difference is between town and country.
(c) What the third Real Thing is.
(d) What she feels about him.
3. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
(b) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(c) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(d) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
4. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
5. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Ninety minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) An hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
2. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
3. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
4. Where was Van born?
5. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)