|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
(a) To find a back way out of the house.
(b) To look for a restroom.
(c) To find a quiet place to lie down.
(d) To say goodbye to the family.
2. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their lips.
(b) Their eyes.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their noses.
3. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
(a) At the zoo.
(b) At a picnic.
(c) At the dentist.
(d) In the library.
4. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) A barn.
(b) A gazebo.
(c) An outhouse.
(d) A lighthouse.
5. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
(a) A shawl.
(b) A skirt.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Russian writer is quoted in the beginning of the novel?
2. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
3. Who walks in on Ada and Van making love?
4. What does Baron d'Onsky try to buy from Demon?
5. Why does Greg come to Marina's house?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)