|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she is adamant that she will not.
(b) Yes, she promises she will.
(c) No, she's not sure she can.
(d) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
2. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
(a) Marina and the governess.
(b) Ada and the governess.
(c) Van and Marina.
(d) Ada and Van.
3. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
(a) About three weeks.
(b) About nine months.
(c) About eighteen months.
(d) About two years.
4. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A barn.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A gazebo.
5. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
(a) Dark Veen.
(b) His two cousins, Ada and Lucette.
(c) His former governess and his cousin Lucette.
(d) His aunt and his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
2. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
3. What color are Ada's eyes?
4. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
5. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)