|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
(a) Dark Veen.
(b) His two cousins, Ada and Lucette.
(c) His former governess and his cousin Lucette.
(d) His aunt and his father.
2. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
(a) Do a cartwheel.
(b) Balance-walk on a tree branch.
(c) Do a somersault.
(d) Walk on her hands.
3. Where does Marina have breakfast?
(a) In the sitting room.
(b) In the dining room.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(b) An article in Greek about tennis.
(c) An article in Dutch about oystering.
(d) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
5. What color are Ada's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
2. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
3. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
4. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
5. Why does Phillip Rack come upstairs, interrupting Ada and Van?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)