|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
(a) In the music room, playing the piano.
(b) In Lucette's room, reading her a book.
(c) In her bedroom, fast asleep.
(d) On a balcony, peeling an apple.
2. What was Van wearing the first time she glimpsed him, before they met?
(a) A gray shirt and shorts.
(b) A bathing suit and green towel.
(c) A white sailor suit and blue cap.
(d) A black formal suit, hat, and gloves.
3. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
4. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
(a) Only animals.
(b) His father.
(c) Only servants.
(d) His aunt.
5. Which of the following authors do Van and Ada like?
(a) Marquis de Sade.
(c) Heinrch Muller.
(d) Herr Masoch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "lolita" that Ada wears?
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
3. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
4. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
5. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)