|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To attempt to drown her.
(b) To escape from her for a few minutes.
(c) Because Lucette hates baths.
(d) Because Lucette smells bad.
2. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
3. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
(a) His two cousins, Ada and Lucette.
(b) His former governess and his cousin Lucette.
(c) His aunt and his father.
(d) Dark Veen.
4. What garment of clothing does Van chide Ada for not wearing?
5. Who made up the games that Ana describes in Chapter 8?
(d) The governess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
2. Who is at home when Van first arrives at Ardis Hall?
3. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
4. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
5. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)