|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
(a) Destroy it.
(b) Put it in a museum.
(c) Add more flowers to it.
(d) Hide it.
2. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
3. After Van returns from washing his hands, where does he find Ada?
(a) In Lucette's room, reading her a book.
(b) In her bedroom, fast asleep.
(c) On a balcony, peeling an apple.
(d) In the music room, playing the piano.
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(b) To impress Van.
(c) To distract herself from the awful food.
(d) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
5. What article does Uncle Dan try to read?
(a) An article in Africaans about spice farming.
(b) An article in Portuguese about sunflowers.
(c) An article in Greek about tennis.
(d) An article in Dutch about oystering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
2. Where is Van and Ada's first sexual encounter?
3. What does Van dream of the night after he first has sex with Ada?
4. When Van meets Ada in the forest fork, what is she wearing?
5. What is the Andalusian architect Alonso supposed to design?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)