|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ana raise?
2. On his way to catch the train to Luga, Mayne, to resume school, what excuse does Van make to stop the car to meet Ada?
(a) Picking some mushrooms for his father.
(b) Buying a new hat and coat.
(c) Washing in a stream.
(d) Buying a book for Marina.
3. Why does Demon duel Baron d'Onsky?
(a) He was having an affair with Marina.
(b) He cheated Demon in a business deal.
(c) He spread rumors about Marina.
(d) He spread rumors about Demon.
4. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A girl in his class at school.
(b) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(c) A girl who works at the movie theater.
(d) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
5. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
(a) An outhouse.
(b) A barn.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A gazebo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "eremitic reality or collective dream" Van discusses in his dissertation called?
2. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
3. Where is Van and Ada's first sexual encounter?
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
5. At the table at Ardis Hall, who does Lucette sit between?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)