|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Ninety minutes.
(d) Two hours.
2. Who is Van's first sexual experience with?
(a) A prostitute and young helper at the corner shop.
(b) A girl in his class at school.
(c) A prostitute who works as a barmaid.
(d) A girl who works at the movie theater.
3. What feature of Van's and Ada's is extremely similar?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their noses.
(d) Their lips.
4. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
(a) He was in a game with another card shark who spotted his tricks.
(b) His rooms were searched by the police while he was playing in a poker game.
(c) He collapsed with heart problems, and his opponent searched his pockets.
(d) He was stopped by a club owner, held down, and searched.
5. In what language does Van write letters to his mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gymnastic trick does Van help Lucette do?
2. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
3. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
4. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
5. How does Van act toward Ada in Chapter 32?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)