|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows Van around his aunt's house?
(c) The governness.
2. How long do Van and Ada give Lucette to memorize eight lines of poetry?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Ninety minutes.
(c) An hour.
(d) Two hours.
3. Does Ada promise to be faithful while Van is gone?
(a) No, she's not sure she can.
(b) Yes, she promises she will.
(c) No, she is adamant that she will not.
(d) Yes, she promises but is secretly unsure.
4. Why does Ada tell stories at meals?
(a) To show off her superiority to Lucette.
(b) To prevent her mother from overtaking the conversation.
(c) To impress Van.
(d) To distract herself from the awful food.
5. Why does Ada want to give Lucette a bath?
(a) To attempt to drown her.
(b) Because Lucette smells bad.
(c) Because Lucette hates baths.
(d) To escape from her for a few minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ada like to paint pictures of from a book?
2. What stage name does Van perform under?
3. When Van takes a walk after first arriving at Ardis Hall, who does he run into?
4. How was Mr. Plunkett exposed at cheating at cards?
5. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)