|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapters 28-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes both Van and Ada to rush back to the house?
(a) They are angry and want to each be alone.
(b) They are afraid they've left their diaries out.
(c) Rain has started to pour down.
(d) They've forgotten a visitor is arriving.
2. In what Manhattan landmark building did Dan propose to Marina in 1871?
(a) The first Manhattan glass-walled building.
(b) The first ten-floor Manhattan building.
(c) The first Manhattan brownstone.
(d) The first commercial apartment building in Manhattan.
3. Why does the governess decide to stay in bed for five days?
(a) She has strained her back.
(b) She has bruised her ribs.
(c) She has broken her ankle.
(d) She has sprained her wrist.
4. Who is the chaperone when Van visits Ada at school?
(a) The headmistress.
(d) No one.
5. What is Ada's hair like?
(a) Short, blonde, and straight.
(b) Long, curled, and dark.
(c) Short, blonde, and curled.
(d) Long, straight, and dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over the thirteen years preceding Aqua's death, how much does Van calculate that he's spent with her?
2. In 1888, when Van visits Ardis Hall, what gift does he carry in his pocket?
3. What do the two kids who find Marina's pressed-flower book decide to do with it?
4. What structure catches fire and wakes nearly everyone in the house?
5. Where does Van hear Ada say "chort" or "devil"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)