|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
2. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
3. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
4. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
5. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
Essay Topic 1
How does Jenny's relationship with Shadrach change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
This plot takes place during the Civil War. How does this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)