|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
2. Why are the people frustrated with the Union Army in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Jethro decide to live at the end of the book?
4. Who did General Hooker replace in the army?
5. Who takes on the care of the farm at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Responsibility and coming-of-age are two themes that are interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
Essay Topic 2
Jethro endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This plot takes place during the Civil War. How does this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)