Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
2. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
3. What do Ellen and Nancy do for the men who help build their barn?
4. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
5. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Ross Milton was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Guy Wortman and Dave Burdow are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)