|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
2. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
3. What do Ellen and Nancy do for the men who help build their barn?
4. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
5. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Guy Wortman and Dave Burdow are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)