|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
2. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
3. What do Ellen and Nancy do for the men who help build their barn?
4. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
5. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
Essay Topic 1
Guy Wortman and Dave Burdow are two characters who are very similar in their natures, but are markedly different in other ways. Use some examples from the text to compare and contrast these two dynamic characters.
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in the plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)