|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shadrach feel about his general in Chapter 8?
2. What month does the battle at Chancellorsville take place?
3. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
4. Under what political party does Lincoln run?
5. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
2. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
3. Where does John see Bill, and why?
4. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
5. Who is the first in the area to return from the war, and what news does he bring?
6. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
7. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
8. How does Shadrach feel about his leaders in Chapter 8?
9. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
10. What makes Jethro less interested in his schooling at the beginning of Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jethro endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How does Jenny's relationship with Shadrach change over the course of the plot? What causes these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)