Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
2. What dinner does Shadrach make for Jethro when he shares Tom's letter?
3. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
4. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
5. How far away is the Creighton's house from the nearest town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
2. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
3. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
4. Which side of the debate does Ellen's nephew believe in?
5. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
6. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
7. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
8. How does Bill feel about the war?
9. Where does John see Bill, and why?
10. What reward does Jethro get at the beginning of the book?
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)