Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
2. What dinner does Shadrach make for Jethro when he shares Tom's letter?
3. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
4. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
5. How far away is the Creighton's house from the nearest town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
2. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
3. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
4. Which side of the debate does Ellen's nephew believe in?
5. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
6. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
7. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
8. How does Bill feel about the war?
9. Where does John see Bill, and why?
10. What reward does Jethro get at the beginning of the book?
Essay Topic 1
This plot takes place during the Civil War. How does this historic event shape the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
The story takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Irene Hunt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)