Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
2. What dinner does Shadrach make for Jethro when he shares Tom's letter?
3. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
4. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
5. How far away is the Creighton's house from the nearest town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
2. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
3. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
4. Which side of the debate does Ellen's nephew believe in?
5. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
6. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
7. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
8. How does Bill feel about the war?
9. Where does John see Bill, and why?
10. What reward does Jethro get at the beginning of the book?
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Jethro endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Responsibility and coming-of-age are two themes that are interwoven in many places of this plot. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to move the plot along?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)