|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what political party does Lincoln run?
2. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
(a) That he will be home soon.
(b) Not to hope too much for their future together.
(c) To find a way to move on.
(d) That he is a changed man.
3. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
4. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
5. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) A geography book.
(c) Shad's map.
(d) Bill's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
2. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
3. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
4. How does Shadrach feel about his general in Chapter 8?
5. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when men gather to build the Creightons' a new barn?
2. What does Eb write about when he returns to his unit after deserting?
3. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
4. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
5. What does Jethro do when he is conflicted about Eb's desertion?
6. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton farm?
7. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
8. What helps Shadrach while he is with his aunt?
9. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
10. What happens when Jethro hears strange noises from the woods while working in the fields one day?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)