|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many northern soldiers are killed at Chancellorsville?
2. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
3. Who is Shadrach serving under in Chapter 8?
(a) General McCLellan.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Hacket.
(d) General Harvey.
4. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Take their pay away.
(b) Allow them to go free.
(c) Let them return to their posts.
(d) Give them amnesty.
5. Who takes on the care of the farm at the end of the book?
(a) Eb and John.
(c) Jenny and Shadrach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
2. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
3. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
4. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
5. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton farm?
2. Who is the first in the area to return from the war, and what news does he bring?
3. What happens when men gather to build the Creightons' a new barn?
4. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
5. What happens when Jethro hears strange noises from the woods while working in the fields one day?
6. What happens that ruins the peace in Jethro's life after the war is ended?
7. What helps Shadrach while he is with his aunt?
8. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
9. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
10. How does Shadrach feel about his leaders in Chapter 8?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)