|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
(a) The family tree.
(b) The Creighton history.
(c) The family Bible.
(d) The town hall records.
2. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
3. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
4. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He has bad dreams.
(b) He wishes he could join the army.
(c) He has been smoking.
(d) He is tired.
5. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
(a) That he is a changed man.
(b) To find a way to move on.
(c) Not to hope too much for their future together.
(d) That he will be home soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
2. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
3. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
4. Who led the Union Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
5. What battle was Shadrach wounded in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eb write about when he returns to his unit after deserting?
2. What helps Shadrach while he is with his aunt?
3. Where does John see Bill, and why?
4. What does Jethro do when he hears about the end of the war?
5. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
6. Who is the first in the area to return from the war, and what news does he bring?
7. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
8. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
9. How do Jenny and Jethro follow what is happening in the war?
10. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)