|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
2. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
(d) President Lincoln.
3. Who led the Union in Chicamauga Creek?
4. Where do people come from to help repair the Creighton barn?
(a) All over the state.
(b) All over the town.
(c) All over the county.
(d) All over the region.
5. What is the name of the first soldier in the area to return home from the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
2. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
3. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
4. What battle was Shadrach wounded in?
5. Who led the Union Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John see Bill, and why?
2. What does Jethro do when he hears about the end of the war?
3. How does Shadrach feel about his leaders in Chapter 8?
4. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
5. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
6. How do Jenny and Jethro follow what is happening in the war?
7. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
8. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
9. What happens when Jethro hears strange noises from the woods while working in the fields one day?
10. What does John write about at the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)