|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
2. What does Sherman give Lincoln as a Christmas present?
(a) News of a victory.
(b) A surrender from Lee.
(c) The city of Savannah.
(d) The end of the war.
3. Where is Shadrach when Jenny comes to be with him?
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
4. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
5. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(c) Ross Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
2. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
3. What do Jenny and Jethro not like about the federal agents that come to the farm?
4. Who led the Union in Chicamauga Creek?
5. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that ruins the peace in Jethro's life after the war is ended?
2. Where does John see Bill, and why?
3. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
4. What does Shadrach write to Jethro about in Chapter 11?
5. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
6. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
7. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
8. What happens when Jethro hears strange noises from the woods while working in the fields one day?
9. What helps Shadrach while he is with his aunt?
10. What does Jethro do when he hears about the end of the war?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)