|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
(a) He thinks there are more important things to discuss.
(b) They think Jethro has a biased opinion.
(c) He feels they should be more respectful.
(d) They think he is too young to join in the conversation.
2. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
3. What is the name of the first soldier in the area to return home from the war?
4. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
(a) They think a deserter is hiding in the barn.
(b) They want Jethro to join the army.
(c) Eb has gone missing.
(d) They are investigating Hig Phillips' murder.
5. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
2. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
3. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
4. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
5. What battle was Shadrach wounded in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jethro get upset about when the men are talking after building the new barn?
2. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
3. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
4. Where does John see Bill, and why?
5. How do Jenny and Jethro follow what is happening in the war?
6. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
7. What does Jethro do when he hears about the end of the war?
8. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton farm?
9. How does Shadrach feel about his leaders in Chapter 8?
10. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)