|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are angry.
2. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
3. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
4. How many northern soldiers are killed at Chancellorsville?
5. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
(a) They think he is too young to join in the conversation.
(b) They think Jethro has a biased opinion.
(c) He thinks there are more important things to discuss.
(d) He feels they should be more respectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
2. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
3. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
4. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
5. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jenny and Jethro follow what is happening in the war?
2. Where does John see Bill, and why?
3. What does Jethro get upset about when the men are talking after building the new barn?
4. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
5. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
6. What happens when Jethro hears strange noises from the woods while working in the fields one day?
7. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
8. What makes Jethro less interested in his schooling at the beginning of Chapter 12?
9. Who is the first in the area to return from the war, and what news does he bring?
10. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)