|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sherman give Lincoln as a Christmas present?
(a) The end of the war.
(b) News of a victory.
(c) The city of Savannah.
(d) A surrender from Lee.
2. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
(a) Into town.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To John's house.
(d) To Ross Milton's house.
3. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Pea Ridge.
(c) Fort Sumter.
(d) New Madrid.
4. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
5. Where do people come from to help repair the Creighton barn?
(a) All over the county.
(b) All over the state.
(c) All over the town.
(d) All over the region.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
2. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
3. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
4. What is General Hooker's nick-name?
5. How are deserters punished?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton farm?
2. Where does John see Bill, and why?
3. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
4. What does Jethro get upset about when the men are talking after building the new barn?
5. Who is the first in the area to return from the war, and what news does he bring?
6. What happens when men gather to build the Creightons' a new barn?
7. What does John write about at the beginning of Chapter 11?
8. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
9. How do Jenny and Jethro follow what is happening in the war?
10. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)