|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
2. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
(b) Re-establishment of the Union.
(c) Civil Rights.
(d) Peace at all costs.
3. How does Shadrach describe Grant in Chapter 11?
(b) Ill at ease.
(c) Older than his age.
4. Who led the Union Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
5. Why are the people frustrated with the Union Army in Chapter 7?
(a) Their poor organization.
(b) Their lack of supplies.
(c) Their lack of aggression.
(d) Their poor treatment of the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
2. What month was the Gettysburg Address delivered in?
3. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
4. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
5. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
2. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
3. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
4. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
5. How do Jenny and Jethro follow what is happening in the war?
6. What helps Shadrach while he is with his aunt?
7. What does Jethro do when he is conflicted about Eb's desertion?
8. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
9. What happens that ruins the peace in Jethro's life after the war is ended?
10. What does Eb write about when he returns to his unit after deserting?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)