|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Union Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
2. What do Jenny and Jethro not like about the federal agents that come to the farm?
(a) Their smell of tobacco.
(b) Their mannerisms.
(c) Their disrespect to the president.
(d) Their language.
3. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
4. How are deserters punished?
5. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
2. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
3. Who is Shadrach serving under in Chapter 8?
4. Where does Eb go after Lincoln gives the deserters amnesty?
5. What month was the Gettysburg Address delivered in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
2. What makes Jethro less interested in his schooling at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What does Jethro get upset about when the men are talking after building the new barn?
4. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton farm?
5. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
6. What do Jenny and Jethro do when they hear of Tom's death?
7. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
8. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
9. What does Jethro do when he is conflicted about Eb's desertion?
10. What happens when Jethro hears strange noises from the woods while working in the fields one day?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)