|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men all talk about after the barn has been built?
(a) Guy Wortman.
(b) The weather.
(c) The war.
(d) The president.
2. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
3. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are happy.
4. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
5. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
(a) To Ross Milton's house.
(b) To John's house.
(c) To the train station.
(d) Into town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
2. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
3. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
4. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
5. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
2. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
3. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
4. What good news does John send his family about Bill?
5. What happens when men gather to build the Creightons' a new barn?
6. What does Jethro get upset about when the men are talking after building the new barn?
7. What does Jethro do when he hears about the end of the war?
8. What does Jethro do when he is conflicted about Eb's desertion?
9. What does John write about at the beginning of Chapter 11?
10. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)