|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
2. Where is Shadrach when Jenny comes to be with him?
(a) North Carolina.
(b) New York.
3. Who takes on the care of the farm at the end of the book?
(a) Eb and John.
(c) Jenny and Shadrach.
4. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Point Prospect.
(b) Preservation Point.
(c) Perpetrator Point.
(d) Point Protection.
5. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
(d) President Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men all talk about after the barn has been built?
2. Who is causing widespread destruction in the area in Chapter 7?
3. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
4. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
5. What battle was Shadrach wounded in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John write about at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
3. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton farm?
4. What makes Jethro less interested in his schooling at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What does Eb write about when he returns to his unit after deserting?
6. What happens that ruins the peace in Jethro's life after the war is ended?
7. How does Shadrach feel about his leaders in Chapter 8?
8. Where does John see Bill, and why?
9. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
10. What happens when men gather to build the Creightons' a new barn?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)