|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older than Jethro is Jenny?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
2. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
(a) They respect him.
(b) They are suspicious of him.
(c) They are ashamed of him.
(d) They resent them.
3. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
(a) Tom joined the Union.
(b) Jethro did not trade well when he was in town.
(c) Bill joined the confederacy.
(d) Matt said some harsh things about Guy Wortman.
4. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
(a) Mr. Lincoln.
(b) Sir Lincoln.
(c) Mr. President.
(d) President Lincoln.
5. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He can't sleep.
(b) He has nightmares.
(c) He fears his house will be attacked.
(d) He stays up reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house is Jethro nervous of passing on his way to town?
2. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
3. How did Jethro's barn get destroyed?
4. What is Tom's first battle?
5. Who sent the letter that Jenny does not want to share with Jethro?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jethro and his mother feel about the onset of the Civil War?
2. What does Bill choose to do at the end of Chapter 3, and why?
3. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
4. What causes the nation to be more serious about the Civil War?
5. How old is Jenny, and what is her role in the household?
6. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers and cousin debate the issues of the war?
7. How does Bill feel about the war?
8. How is Jethro helped after his experience in the town store?
9. What happens to the farm while Matt is ill?
10. What happens to Jethro on his ride home from town?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)