|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
(a) Jethro did not trade well when he was in town.
(b) Matt said some harsh things about Guy Wortman.
(c) Bill joined the confederacy.
(d) Tom joined the Union.
2. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
(a) To town.
(b) To work in the fields.
(c) To Shadrach's cabin.
(d) To the barn.
3. What do the men in Jethro's family do when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(a) Kneel to pray.
(b) Start fighting.
(c) Change the subject.
(d) Busy themselves with other tasks.
4. Where is the first battle of the war?
(a) Fort Sumpton.
(b) Fort Sumter.
(c) Fort Summer.
(d) Fort Summersville.
5. How old is Jethro when this book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first big battle of the Civil War?
2. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
4. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
5. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom say in his first letter home from the war?
2. How is Jethro helped after his experience in the town store?
3. What reward does Jethro get at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Jethro's mother praise him for at the beginning of the book?
5. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers and cousin debate the issues of the war?
6. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
7. What do Tom and Eb do at the beginning of the Civil War?
8. What does Shadrach do after reading Tom's letter?
9. What is happening at the very beginning of the book?
10. What harm is done to Jethro's farm while Matt is ill?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)