|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
(a) They are low on food.
(b) Their dog went missing.
(c) They are worried about Matt dying.
(d) Jethro needs the help.
3. What is the name of the closest town to Jethro's house?
4. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
(b) Ellen's nephew.
5. What is the name of Jethro's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
2. Who helps Jethro when he is being bullied at the store?
3. What is Tom's first battle?
4. Which side does Tom favor?
5. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jethro gets to the store in town?
2. How do Jethro and his mother feel about the onset of the Civil War?
3. What does Ellen do after reading the first letter from Tom since he left for the war?
4. How does Jethro feel about the love between Shadrach and Jenny?
5. What happens when Jenny receives a personal letter from Shadrach?
6. How is Jethro helped after his experience in the town store?
7. What does Tom say in his first letter home from the war?
8. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
9. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
10. What does Bill choose to do at the end of Chapter 3, and why?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)