Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
(a) The North.
(b) A little bit of both.
(c) The South.
(d) Neither side.
2. What dinner does Shadrach make for Jethro when he shares Tom's letter?
(a) Hot cakes.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Roast chicken.
3. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is proud.
4. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
(a) Ross Morton.
(d) Dave Burdow.
5. How far away is the Creighton's house from the nearest town?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose farm was Jethro taking care of when his father was incapacitated?
2. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
3. Who is Jethro's favorite brother?
4. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
5. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
2. What happens to Hig Phillips in Chapter 9, and why?
3. Where does Jethro go at the end of the book and why?
4. Which side of the debate does Ellen's nephew believe in?
5. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
6. How does the county help the Creightons after their barn is burned down?
7. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
8. How does Bill feel about the war?
9. Where does John see Bill, and why?
10. What reward does Jethro get at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)