|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
2. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
3. Who is given charge of the farm when Matt is incapacitated?
(c) Dave Burdow.
4. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
(a) A little bit of both.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) Neither side.
5. What is Shadrach's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jethro when he is being bullied at the store?
2. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
3. What does Eb do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
4. What is Ellen's nephew's name?
5. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shadrach's aunt write to the Creighton family about?
2. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
3. What happens when Ellen hears the men all debating heatedly about the issues of the war?
4. What do Tom and Eb do at the beginning of the Civil War?
5. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
6. What does John write about at the beginning of Chapter 11?
7. What happens to the farm while Matt is ill?
8. How does the nation respond to the beginning of the war?
9. Why is Jethro's farm being targeted in Chapter 6?
10. What is Ellen suffering from in Chapter 5?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)