|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
(a) Reading about the Confederate success.
(b) Pretending to be a soldier.
(c) Reading about the Union success.
(d) Learning about the army advancements.
2. What does Jenny receive that she does not want to share with Jethro?
(a) Some bread.
(b) A book.
(c) Some candy.
(d) A letter.
3. Where does Jethro eat lunch while he is in town?
(a) By a stream.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At the store.
(d) In his wagon.
4. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) The Union.
(d) Neither side.
5. Where is the first battle of the war?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(b) Fort Sumpton.
(c) Fort Summersville.
(d) Fort Summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the Creighton's house from the nearest town?
2. How did Jethro's barn get destroyed?
3. What is the name of the closest town to Jethro's house?
4. The Creighton family receives their first war letter from who?
5. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen do after reading the first letter from Tom since he left for the war?
2. Why is Jethro's farm being targeted in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to Jethro on his ride home from town?
4. What does Tom say in his first letter home from the war?
5. What happens at the Creighton table when the subject of the war is brought up?
6. What is happening at the very beginning of the book?
7. What does Shadrach do after reading Tom's letter?
8. What does Bill think about the issues of the war?
9. How is Jethro prepared for his first trip into town?
10. What responsibilities does Jethro take on when Matt is hurt?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)