|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They start to move.
(b) They celebrate.
(c) They are all very angry.
(d) They cringe in fear.
2. Who is Jethro's favorite brother?
3. Where does Jethro and his family live?
4. What will Jethro's father be doing while Jethro is in town?
(a) Bringing in the harvest.
(b) Trading for goods.
(c) Working the fields.
(d) Caring for Ellen.
5. What does Bill do after resorting to physical blows with someone about his views?
(a) Stops speaking.
(b) Leaves home.
(d) Joins the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side of the war does Jethro believe in?
2. Ellen's nephew favors which side of the war?
3. What happens while Matt is heading to Dave Burdow's house?
4. How many children does John have?
5. What does Jenny receive that she does not want to share with Jethro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Shardach live, and why is this arrangement so unique?
2. How does Bill feel about the war?
3. Which side of the debate does Ellen's nephew believe in?
4. What does Bill think about the issues of the war?
5. How does Jethro feel about the love between Shadrach and Jenny?
6. What does Ellen do after reading the first letter from Tom since he left for the war?
7. What happens to the farm while Matt is ill?
8. What does Shadrach do after reading Tom's letter?
9. Why is Jethro's farm being targeted in Chapter 6?
10. How is Jethro helped after his experience in the town store?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)