|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jethro understand why Jenny won't share what she has with Jethro?
2. How many children does John have?
3. Who is the president when this book takes place?
4. What happens to Jethro's well while Matt is ill?
(a) It is covered with large stones.
(b) It is contaminated.
(c) It is filled in.
(d) It dries up.
5. What is Tom's first battle?
(a) Fort Dumbleton.
(b) Fort Donelson.
(c) Fort Dunley.
(d) Fort Donler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights the most with Bill about his views when the war begins?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that Jethro does for the FIRST time in Chapter 5?
3. The Creighton family receives their first war letter from who?
4. How do most people hear updates about the war?
5. What is Shadrach's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jethro gets to the store in town?
2. Where does Shardach live, and why is this arrangement so unique?
3. What does Ellen do after reading the first letter from Tom since he left for the war?
4. What happens to the farm while Matt is ill?
5. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
6. What is Matt doing when he gets hurt?
7. What do Tom and Eb do at the beginning of the Civil War?
8. How is Jethro helped after his experience in the town store?
9. What is Ellen suffering from in Chapter 5?
10. What does Tom say in his first letter home from the war?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)