|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Jethro does for the FIRST time in Chapter 5?
(a) Drive to town.
(b) Barter goods.
(c) Deliver a message.
(d) Handle a team.
2. What do some people do on battlefields when the war begins?
(a) Take pictures.
(c) Call for peace.
3. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
(d) Ellen's nephew.
4. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
5. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) Mr. President.
(c) Mr. Lincoln.
(d) Sir Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the closest town to Jethro's house?
2. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
3. What is the name of John's wife?
4. Where is Jethro when he is told who Bill has chosen to fight for?
5. What happens to Jethro's well while Matt is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the Civil War first begins?
2. What harm is done to Jethro's farm while Matt is ill?
3. What happens at the Creighton table when the subject of the war is brought up?
4. What does Shadrach do after reading Tom's letter?
5. What responsibilities does Jethro take on when Matt is hurt?
6. What happens to Jethro on his ride home from town?
7. What does Shadrach explain to Jethro before he leaves for war himself?
8. What does Jethro get upset about when the men are talking after building the new barn?
9. What causes the nation to be more serious about the Civil War?
10. What does Ellen do after reading the first letter from Tom since he left for the war?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)