|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
(a) Ellen's nephew.
2. What does Jenny receive that she does not want to share with Jethro?
(a) A book.
(b) Some candy.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some bread.
3. Who proposed to Jenny?
4. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
(a) Jethro did not trade well when he was in town.
(b) Tom joined the Union.
(c) Bill joined the confederacy.
(d) Matt said some harsh things about Guy Wortman.
5. Whose farm was Jethro taking care of when his father was incapacitated?
(d) Dave Burdow's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jethro view the impending war?
2. What is Ellen suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
4. Where is the first battle of the war?
5. What is the first big battle of the Civil War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen do after reading the first letter from Tom since he left for the war?
2. What harm is done to Jethro's farm while Matt is ill?
3. What happens to the farm while Matt is ill?
4. What happens to Jethro on his ride home from town?
5. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
6. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the Civil War first begins?
7. What does Bill think about the issues of the war?
8. What does Bill choose to do at the end of Chapter 3, and why?
9. What do Tom and Eb do at the beginning of the Civil War?
10. What happens when Ellen hears the men all debating heatedly about the issues of the war?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)