|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jethro when this book begins?
2. What does Jethro enjoy doing when the war begins?
(a) Learning about the army advancements.
(b) Reading about the Confederate success.
(c) Reading about the Union success.
(d) Pretending to be a soldier.
3. What month is it when Ellen first hears from Tom?
4. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With debates.
(b) With peace.
(c) With civil disputes.
(d) With votes.
5. How old was Mary when she died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
2. Who demands that the boys stop their talk of war?
3. Who proposed to Jenny?
4. What is the name of Jethro's father?
5. What happens to Jethro's barn while Matt is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Guy Wortman finally arrested?
2. Why is Jethro sent to town alone in Chapter 5?
3. What harm is done to Jethro's farm while Matt is ill?
4. What happens when Jethro gets to the store in town?
5. Which side of the debate does Ellen's nephew believe in?
6. What added a lot of strain to the issues of war in Jethro's home state?
7. How old is Jenny, and what is her role in the household?
8. What happens when Jenny goes to D.C.?
9. What happens that ruins the peace in Jethro's life after the war is ended?
10. What happens at the Creighton table when the subject of the war is brought up?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)