|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
2. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
(a) Ross Milton.
(b) Guy Wortman.
(c) Dan Lawrence.
(d) Dave Burdow.
3. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
(a) Not to hope too much for their future together.
(b) That he will be home soon.
(c) To find a way to move on.
(d) That he is a changed man.
4. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
(a) Stones River.
(b) Fort Donelson.
(c) Fort Henry.
5. What battle was Shadrach wounded in?
6. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(b) Ross Milton.
7. What month does the battle at Chancellorsville take place?
8. What year was Jethro's barn destroyed?
9. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
10. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
(c) President Lincoln.
11. How many northern soldiers are killed at Chancellorsville?
12. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
13. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
(a) Shad is wounded.
(b) Tom is dead.
(c) Bill is alive.
(d) Eb is dead.
14. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
15. Who wins the battle of Gettysburg?
(a) The South.
(b) They both think they won.
(c) Neither side.
(d) The North.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Creightons' receive help with their barn in which seasons?
2. Where does Jethro decide to live at the end of the book?
3. What does Sherman give Lincoln as a Christmas present?
4. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
5. How are deserters punished?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)