|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
(b) A wounded animal.
(c) A deserter.
(d) A federal agent.
2. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Point Protection.
(b) Point Prospect.
(c) Perpetrator Point.
(d) Preservation Point.
3. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
(a) To the train station.
(b) Into town.
(c) To John's house.
(d) To Ross Milton's house.
4. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
5. What month was the Gettysburg Address delivered in?
6. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Allow them to go free.
(b) Let them return to their posts.
(c) Give them amnesty.
(d) Take their pay away.
7. How does Shadrach describe Grant in Chapter 11?
(c) Ill at ease.
(d) Older than his age.
8. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(b) Pea Ridge.
(c) New Madrid.
(d) New Orleans.
9. Who takes on the care of the farm at the end of the book?
(a) Eb and John.
(c) Jenny and Shadrach.
10. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
11. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
12. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
13. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
(a) Re-establishment of the Union.
(c) Civil Rights.
(d) Peace at all costs.
14. What year was Jethro's barn destroyed?
15. Where do people come from to help repair the Creighton barn?
(a) All over the region.
(b) All over the state.
(c) All over the town.
(d) All over the county.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
2. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
3. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
4. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
5. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)