|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
(a) Shadrach is gone.
(b) He has read all of the books he has.
(c) His father asked him to stop.
(d) He is too busy with the farm work.
2. Under what political party does Lincoln run?
3. What is the name of the first soldier in the area to return home from the war?
4. Why is Guy Wortman arrested?
(a) He is caught stealing.
(b) One of his men turns him in.
(c) He is seen shooting at a family.
(d) His rifle is found in the Creighton's burned out barn.
5. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
6. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are shocked.
(d) They are confused.
7. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He has bad dreams.
(b) He has been smoking.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He wishes he could join the army.
8. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
9. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) Pea Ridge.
(b) New Madrid.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Fort Sumter.
10. Who did General Hooker replace in the army?
11. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
12. What year was Jethro's barn destroyed?
13. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Shad's teachings.
(c) The book Ross gave him.
(d) A grammar book his mother gave him.
14. Who led the Union in Chicamauga Creek?
15. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
2. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
3. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
5. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)