|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
(a) To find a way to move on.
(b) Not to hope too much for their future together.
(c) That he is a changed man.
(d) That he will be home soon.
2. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
3. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
4. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
5. What is the name of the first soldier in the area to return home from the war?
6. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
7. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
(a) Fort Henry.
(b) Fort Donelson.
(c) Stones River.
8. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
9. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Point Prospect.
(b) Preservation Point.
(c) Perpetrator Point.
(d) Point Protection.
10. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are confused.
11. How does Shadrach describe Grant in Chapter 11?
(a) Ill at ease.
(c) Older than his age.
12. Who is Shadrach serving under in Chapter 8?
(a) General McCLellan.
(b) General Hacket.
(c) General Harvey.
(d) General Grant.
13. Who is causing widespread destruction in the area in Chapter 7?
(a) Ross Milton.
(b) Guy Wortman.
(c) Travis Bidwell.
(d) Dave Burdow.
14. How are deserters punished?
15. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
(a) Mock and beat the citizens.
(b) Demand food from poor farmers.
(c) Kill livestock.
(d) Plunder and steal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
2. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
3. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
4. Where is Shadrach when Jenny comes to be with him?
5. Why is Hig Phillips murdered?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)