|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
(a) His father asked him to stop.
(b) Shadrach is gone.
(c) He has read all of the books he has.
(d) He is too busy with the farm work.
2. What month was the Gettysburg Address delivered in?
3. Where is Jethro when he hears of Lincoln's assassination?
(a) The dinner table.
(b) His bed.
(c) The fields.
(d) The barn.
4. How does Shadrach describe Grant in Chapter 11?
(a) Ill at ease.
(c) Older than his age.
5. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(c) Ross Milton.
6. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
(a) Demand food from poor farmers.
(b) Mock and beat the citizens.
(c) Plunder and steal.
(d) Kill livestock.
7. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
8. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
9. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
10. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
(a) The book Ross gave him.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A grammar book his mother gave him.
(d) Shad's teachings.
11. How does Shadrach feel about his general in Chapter 8?
(a) He owes the man his life.
(b) He feels he does not follow orders well.
(c) He is highly devoted to him.
(d) He does not think he is skilled enough.
12. Under what political party does Lincoln run?
13. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Pea Ridge.
(d) New Madrid.
14. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
15. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
2. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
3. How many northern soldiers are killed at Chancellorsville?
4. Who is Shadrach serving under in Chapter 8?
5. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)