|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is General Hooker's nick-name?
(a) Hookin' em' Hooker.
(b) Fighting Joe.
(c) Hook and Sinker.
(d) General Joe.
2. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
3. What battle does Shadrach write about in Chapter 8?
(c) New Madrid.
(d) Pea Ridge.
4. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
5. What month does the battle at Chancellorsville take place?
6. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
(b) Civil Rights.
(c) Peace at all costs.
(d) Re-establishment of the Union.
7. How are deserters punished?
8. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
9. What does Jethro carry while working in the fields after the federal agents come to the farm?
(a) A map.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A book.
10. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Perpetrator Point.
(b) Point Prospect.
(c) Preservation Point.
(d) Point Protection.
11. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
12. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
13. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
(a) The family tree.
(b) The town hall records.
(c) The Creighton history.
(d) The family Bible.
14. Where is Shadrach when Jenny comes to be with him?
(a) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
15. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
2. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
3. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
4. Why is Guy Wortman arrested?
5. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)