|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men all talk about after the barn has been built?
(a) The war.
(b) The weather.
(c) The president.
(d) Guy Wortman.
2. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
(a) The family Bible.
(b) The Creighton history.
(c) The family tree.
(d) The town hall records.
3. Who is Shadrach serving under in Chapter 8?
(a) General Hacket.
(b) General McCLellan.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Harvey.
4. Under what political party does Lincoln run?
5. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
6. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are angry.
7. What is General Hooker's nick-name?
(a) General Joe.
(b) Hookin' em' Hooker.
(c) Fighting Joe.
(d) Hook and Sinker.
8. What battle was Shadrach wounded in?
9. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Let them return to their posts.
(b) Allow them to go free.
(c) Take their pay away.
(d) Give them amnesty.
10. What month does the battle at Chancellorsville take place?
11. What month was the Gettysburg Address delivered in?
12. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
13. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
14. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
(a) He is too busy with the farm work.
(b) Shadrach is gone.
(c) His father asked him to stop.
(d) He has read all of the books he has.
15. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
2. How are deserters punished?
3. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
4. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
5. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)