|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the people frustrated with the Union Army in Chapter 7?
(a) Their poor treatment of the soldiers.
(b) Their poor organization.
(c) Their lack of supplies.
(d) Their lack of aggression.
2. Who takes on the care of the farm at the end of the book?
(c) Jenny and Shadrach.
(d) Eb and John.
3. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
(a) Demand food from poor farmers.
(b) Mock and beat the citizens.
(c) Plunder and steal.
(d) Kill livestock.
4. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
(a) They want Jethro to join the army.
(b) Eb has gone missing.
(c) They are investigating Hig Phillips' murder.
(d) They think a deserter is hiding in the barn.
5. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
6. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Preservation Point.
(b) Point Protection.
(c) Perpetrator Point.
(d) Point Prospect.
7. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
(a) Stones River.
(b) Fort Donelson.
(c) Fort Henry.
8. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
9. What battle does Shadrach write about in Chapter 8?
(b) Pea Ridge.
(d) New Madrid.
10. Who led the Union in Chicamauga Creek?
11. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
12. Why is Guy Wortman arrested?
(a) He is seen shooting at a family.
(b) His rifle is found in the Creighton's burned out barn.
(c) He is caught stealing.
(d) One of his men turns him in.
13. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
(a) Eb is dead.
(b) Bill is alive.
(c) Shad is wounded.
(d) Tom is dead.
14. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
(b) President Lincoln.
15. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
(a) His time is up.
(b) His commander heard about his father's death.
(c) He has a message to deliver.
(d) He is wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eb go after Lincoln gives the deserters amnesty?
2. What year was Jethro's barn destroyed?
3. Who did General Hooker replace in the army?
4. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
5. Who wins the battle of Gettysburg?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)