|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
(a) A grammar book his mother gave him.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Shad's teachings.
(d) The book Ross gave him.
2. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
3. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) A geography book.
(b) Shad's map.
(c) Newspaper articles.
(d) Bill's letters.
4. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
5. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
6. Where is Shadrach when Jenny comes to be with him?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
7. What do Jenny and Jethro not like about the federal agents that come to the farm?
(a) Their language.
(b) Their mannerisms.
(c) Their smell of tobacco.
(d) Their disrespect to the president.
8. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
9. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
10. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
11. What is General Hooker's nick-name?
(a) Fighting Joe.
(b) Hookin' em' Hooker.
(c) Hook and Sinker.
(d) General Joe.
12. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
13. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
14. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
15. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
2. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
3. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
4. Who is causing widespread destruction in the area in Chapter 7?
5. Who led the Union in Chicamauga Creek?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)