|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are shocked.
2. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
3. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
4. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
5. Where does Jethro decide to live at the end of the book?
(a) With Nancy and John.
(b) With Shad and Jenny.
(c) With his parents.
(d) At a schoolhouse in town.
6. What battle does Shadrach write about in Chapter 8?
(a) New Madrid.
(c) Pea Ridge.
7. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
8. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
(a) Ross Milton.
(b) Guy Wortman.
(c) Dave Burdow.
(d) Dan Lawrence.
9. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
10. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) Pea Ridge.
(b) New Orleans.
(c) Fort Sumter.
(d) New Madrid.
11. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
(a) They think he is too young to join in the conversation.
(b) He feels they should be more respectful.
(c) He thinks there are more important things to discuss.
(d) They think Jethro has a biased opinion.
12. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
13. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A grammar book his mother gave him.
(c) The book Ross gave him.
(d) Shad's teachings.
14. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
15. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
2. How does Shadrach describe Grant in Chapter 11?
3. Who wins the battle of Gettysburg?
4. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
5. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)