|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
(a) A deserter.
(b) A wounded animal.
(d) A federal agent.
2. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
(a) Into town.
(b) To John's house.
(c) To the train station.
(d) To Ross Milton's house.
3. Why is Guy Wortman arrested?
(a) One of his men turns him in.
(b) He is caught stealing.
(c) He is seen shooting at a family.
(d) His rifle is found in the Creighton's burned out barn.
4. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
5. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) Shad's map.
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) A geography book.
(d) Bill's letters.
6. How does Shadrach feel about his general in Chapter 8?
(a) He owes the man his life.
(b) He feels he does not follow orders well.
(c) He does not think he is skilled enough.
(d) He is highly devoted to him.
7. Who does John see while tending to rebel prisoners?
8. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
(a) The family Bible.
(b) The Creighton history.
(c) The family tree.
(d) The town hall records.
9. Who is causing widespread destruction in the area in Chapter 7?
(a) Dave Burdow.
(b) Guy Wortman.
(c) Travis Bidwell.
(d) Ross Milton.
10. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
11. How old is Jenny when she gets married?
12. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
(a) Civil Rights.
(b) Peace at all costs.
(d) Re-establishment of the Union.
13. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
(a) They think he is too young to join in the conversation.
(b) He thinks there are more important things to discuss.
(c) He feels they should be more respectful.
(d) They think Jethro has a biased opinion.
14. How many northern soldiers are killed at Chancellorsville?
15. Where does Eb go after Lincoln gives the deserters amnesty?
(a) Back to his duty.
(b) To prison.
(c) To work on the farm.
(d) To find Shadrach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
2. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
3. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
4. Why is Hig Phillips murdered?
5. Where is Jethro when he hears of Lincoln's assassination?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)