|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
(a) His time is up.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) His commander heard about his father's death.
(d) He has a message to deliver.
2. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are shocked.
3. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
4. What does Jethro use to write proper letters?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The book Ross gave him.
(c) A grammar book his mother gave him.
(d) Shad's teachings.
5. Where do people come from to help repair the Creighton barn?
(a) All over the region.
(b) All over the state.
(c) All over the county.
(d) All over the town.
6. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
(a) They think a deserter is hiding in the barn.
(b) They want Jethro to join the army.
(c) Eb has gone missing.
(d) They are investigating Hig Phillips' murder.
7. Where are the Creighton births and deaths recorded?
(a) The town hall records.
(b) The Creighton history.
(c) The family tree.
(d) The family Bible.
8. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Let them return to their posts.
(b) Take their pay away.
(c) Give them amnesty.
(d) Allow them to go free.
9. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(b) Ross Milton.
10. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Preservation Point.
(b) Point Protection.
(c) Perpetrator Point.
(d) Point Prospect.
11. Who notices that Jethro is bothered by something after Jethro finds Eb?
12. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) A geography book.
(b) Shad's map.
(c) Bill's letters.
(d) Newspaper articles.
13. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He wishes he could join the army.
(c) He has bad dreams.
(d) He has been smoking.
14. Where is Jethro when he hears of Lincoln's assassination?
(a) The dinner table.
(b) His bed.
(c) The fields.
(d) The barn.
15. How are deserters punished?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
2. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
3. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
4. Who led the Union Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
5. What is the name of the first soldier in the area to return home from the war?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)