|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
2. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
(a) Let them return to their posts.
(b) Give them amnesty.
(c) Allow them to go free.
(d) Take their pay away.
3. Who is Shadrach serving under in Chapter 8?
(a) General Hacket.
(b) General McCLellan.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Harvey.
4. Where does Jethro decide to live at the end of the book?
(a) With his parents.
(b) At a schoolhouse in town.
(c) With Nancy and John.
(d) With Shad and Jenny.
5. In what month is Jenny and Shadrach married?
6. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) Shad's map.
(b) A geography book.
(c) Bill's letters.
(d) Newspaper articles.
7. What does Sherman give Lincoln as a Christmas present?
(a) A surrender from Lee.
(b) The city of Savannah.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) News of a victory.
8. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(b) Ross Milton.
9. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
10. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
11. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
(a) They think he is too young to join in the conversation.
(b) He feels they should be more respectful.
(c) He thinks there are more important things to discuss.
(d) They think Jethro has a biased opinion.
12. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
13. What is General Hooker's nick-name?
(a) Hookin' em' Hooker.
(b) Fighting Joe.
(c) Hook and Sinker.
(d) General Joe.
14. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
(a) Dave Burdow.
(b) Dan Lawrence.
(c) Ross Milton.
(d) Guy Wortman.
15. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
2. Who led the Union Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
3. What do the men all talk about after the barn has been built?
4. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
5. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)