|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What battle does Shadrach write about in Chapter 8?
(b) New Madrid.
(c) Pea Ridge.
2. How are deserters punished?
3. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
4. Why is Hig Phillips murdered?
(a) He dodged the draft.
(b) He deserted.
(c) His son joined the Confederate Army.
(d) He helped a Union deserter.
5. The Creightons' receive help with their barn in which seasons?
(a) Spring and summer.
(b) Fall and winter.
(c) Summer and fall.
(d) Winter and spring.
6. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
7. Who does Jethro write a letter to after finding Eb?
(d) President Lincoln.
8. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) Newspaper articles.
(b) Shad's map.
(c) Bill's letters.
(d) A geography book.
9. How many northern soldiers are killed at Chancellorsville?
10. Under what political party does Lincoln run?
11. Where does Eb go after Lincoln gives the deserters amnesty?
(a) To prison.
(b) To work on the farm.
(c) Back to his duty.
(d) To find Shadrach.
12. What is the platform of the man running against Lincoln for his second term?
(b) Re-establishment of the Union.
(c) Civil Rights.
(d) Peace at all costs.
13. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
14. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are happy.
15. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) New Madrid.
(b) Pea Ridge.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Fort Sumter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
2. How does Shadrach describe Grant in Chapter 11?
3. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
4. Why are the people frustrated with the Union Army in Chapter 7?
5. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)