|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(a) Ross Milton.
2. Where do people come from to help repair the Creighton barn?
(a) All over the town.
(b) All over the county.
(c) All over the state.
(d) All over the region.
3. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
4. What does Sherman give Lincoln as a Christmas present?
(a) A surrender from Lee.
(b) The city of Savannah.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) News of a victory.
5. Which of the following is NOT something donated to the Creighton's after their barn is destroyed?
6. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
(a) Into town.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To Ross Milton's house.
(d) To John's house.
7. Where is Chicamauga Creek?
8. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
(b) A deserter.
(c) A wounded animal.
(d) A federal agent.
9. Why does Jethro get frustrated while the men are talking after the barn has been built?
(a) He thinks there are more important things to discuss.
(b) He feels they should be more respectful.
(c) They think he is too young to join in the conversation.
(d) They think Jethro has a biased opinion.
10. What do Ellen and Nancy do for the men who help build their barn?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Hold a dance.
(c) Promise them portions of the harvest.
(d) Pay them some money.
11. Who wins the battle of Gettysburg?
(a) The North.
(b) The South.
(c) They both think they won.
(d) Neither side.
12. Who sends a letter to Shadrach about the battle at Chicamauga Creek?
13. What is the name of the first soldier in the area to return home from the war?
14. How are deserters punished?
15. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
(a) Point Protection.
(b) Point Prospect.
(c) Perpetrator Point.
(d) Preservation Point.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
2. The Creightons' receive help with their barn in which seasons?
3. Where does Jethro decide to live at the end of the book?
4. Why has Jethro stopped concentrating on his lessons in Chapter 12?
5. Why is Hig Phillips murdered?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)