|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jethro go when he hears the war has ended?
(a) Into town.
(b) To the train station.
(c) To Ross Milton's house.
(d) To John's house.
2. Who does Shad plan to vote for in the next presidential election?
3. Which amendment is created during Chapter 12?
4. What does Shadrach tell Jenny in his letter in Chapter 10?
(a) That he will be home soon.
(b) To find a way to move on.
(c) Not to hope too much for their future together.
(d) That he is a changed man.
5. Who is sent to update the family record after getting the news from the Lawrence boy?
6. What becomes a very common thing for soldiers to do after the first year of war?
7. Where is Jethro when he hears of Lincoln's assassination?
(a) The dinner table.
(b) His bed.
(c) The fields.
(d) The barn.
8. Which of the following is NOT a battle won by the Confederates?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Fort Sumter.
(c) New Madrid.
(d) Pea Ridge.
9. Who runs against Lincoln for his second term in office?
10. Where do people come from to help repair the Creighton barn?
(a) All over the county.
(b) All over the region.
(c) All over the state.
(d) All over the town.
11. Where are the strange noises in the woods coming from while Jethro is working in the field?
(b) A wounded animal.
(c) A federal agent.
(d) A deserter.
12. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
13. What does Jethro say is bothering him when he is questioned after finding Eb?
(a) He has bad dreams.
(b) He wishes he could join the army.
(c) He has been smoking.
(d) He is tired.
14. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
(a) Eb is dead.
(b) Bill is alive.
(c) Shad is wounded.
(d) Tom is dead.
15. Who comes to visit Jethro at the end of the book?
(a) Ross Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
2. Who led the Union in Chicamauga Creek?
3. What year was Jethro's barn destroyed?
4. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
5. What year does Chapter 12 take place in?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)