|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Matt is heading to Dave Burdow's house?
(a) He meets an ambush.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He sprains his ankle.
(d) He has a heart attack.
2. What is Ellen suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Some chest pains.
(b) A sprained ankle.
(c) A headache.
(d) A stomach ache.
3. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He stays up reading.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He fears his house will be attacked.
4. How did the mob want to kill the man who killed Mary?
5. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
(a) Mr. President.
(b) Mr. Lincoln.
(c) Sir Lincoln.
(d) President Lincoln.
6. Which side does Bill favor?
(a) The North.
(b) A little bit of both.
(c) The South.
(d) Neither side.
7. Who helps Jethro in the fields when his father is hurt?
(b) Ross Morton.
(d) Dave Burdow.
8. What does Shadrach do for Jethro when he reads Tom's letter?
(a) Tells him that Tom will be fine.
(b) Prays with him.
(c) Draws a map.
(d) Promises to find Tom and bring him home.
9. Which of the following is NOT something Jethro's father gives him before sending him to town?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A knife.
(c) Trading goods.
10. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) Takes a trip aboad to avoid the fighting.
(b) Goes to college.
(c) Joins the Confederate Army.
(d) Joins the Union Army.
11. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
(a) With debates.
(b) With peace.
(c) With votes.
(d) With civil disputes.
12. Who is given charge of the farm when Matt is incapacitated?
(c) Dave Burdow.
13. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
(a) To work in the fields.
(b) To Shadrach's cabin.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To town.
14. Why does Jenny not want to share with Jethro when she receives something important?
(a) She wants to read it first.
(b) Jethro was mean to her.
(c) It is very personal.
(d) She has been craving bread.
15. How many children does John have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which side does Tom favor?
2. Where does Jethro eat lunch while he is in town?
3. How does the community feel about Bill's views?
4. What is Tom's first battle?
5. What is the first big battle of the Civil War?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)