|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept a mob from killing the man who killed Mary?
(a) Shadrach Hale.
(b) David Burdow.
(c) Matt Creighton.
2. Where does Ellen send Jethro after hearing from Tom?
(a) To town.
(b) To work in the fields.
(c) To Shadrach's cabin.
(d) To the barn.
3. How do many of Tom's friends die?
(a) Died of food poisoning.
(b) Got shot.
(c) Starved to death.
(d) Froze to death.
4. Who comforts Jethro when he gets scared of the war?
5. What is the name of Jethro's mother?
6. Where is the first battle of the war?
(a) Fort Sumter.
(b) Fort Summersville.
(c) Fort Sumpton.
(d) Fort Summer.
7. Who sent the letter that Jenny does not want to share with Jethro?
8. What caused Ellen's ailment in Chapter 5?
(a) Dropping a water bucket on her foot.
(b) They do not know.
(c) Lack of coffee.
(d) Eating bad chicken.
9. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
(a) Ellen's nephew.
10. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
11. How many of Jethro's siblings have died at the beginning of the book?
12. Who does Bill tell first about who he has chosen to fight for?
13. Which side of the war does Jethro believe in?
(a) Neither side.
(b) A little bit of both sides.
(c) The South.
(d) The Union.
14. Who is given charge of the farm when Matt is incapacitated?
(d) Dave Burdow.
15. What is the name of John's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellen suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Jethro's father gives him before sending him to town?
4. Why was Jenny's suitor refused?
5. How far away from the Creighton's house is Shadrach's cabin?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)