|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the closest town to Jethro's house?
2. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
(a) In Heaven.
(b) In jail.
(c) In California.
(d) At war.
3. How old was Mary when she died?
4. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) The Union.
(b) The civilians.
(c) Nobody- it is a draw.
(d) The Confederates.
5. Which side does Bill choose to fight for?
(a) The North.
(b) Neither side.
(c) The Union.
(d) The South.
6. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
(a) They are low on food.
(b) They are worried about Matt dying.
(c) Jethro needs the help.
(d) Their dog went missing.
7. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Get some money.
(b) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(c) Get his own room.
(d) Sit at the adult table.
8. Whose farm was Jethro taking care of when his father was incapacitated?
(c) Dave Burdow's.
9. What is Ellen's nephew's name?
10. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
11. How many children does John have?
12. Who killed Jethro's sister, Mary?
(a) David Burdow.
(b) Donald Bidwell.
(c) Thomas Bidwell.
(d) Travis Burdow.
13. Who is the president when this book takes place?
14. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
15. What happens to Jethro's barn while Matt is ill?
(a) It is contaminated.
(b) It burns down.
(c) It is torn apart.
(d) It is flooded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
2. What will Jethro's father be doing while Jethro is in town?
3. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
4. What word does Bill use to describe war when talking to Jethro?
5. How does Bill think problems should be solved?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)