|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jethro's barn get destroyed?
(a) High rains flooded the river near the farm.
(b) Guy Wortman burned it down.
(c) A wind storm destroyed it.
(d) Dave Burdow poisoned the hay feed for the animals.
2. How does Jethro feel as he listens to his brothers argue about the war?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is proud.
3. What happens to Jethro at night when the war begins?
(a) He has nightmares.
(b) He fears his house will be attacked.
(c) He can't sleep.
(d) He stays up reading.
4. Who is the president when this book takes place?
5. What do soldiers do as they pass through towns in Georgia?
(a) Plunder and steal.
(b) Demand food from poor farmers.
(c) Kill livestock.
(d) Mock and beat the citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, why does Matt want to thank Dave Burdow?
2. What is the occupation of the man who helps Jethro when he is being bullied at the store?
3. Who are the men waiting for at Jethro's house while they talk with Ellen's nephew?
4. What month is it when Ellen first hears from Tom?
5. What does Shadrach do for Jethro when he reads Tom's letter?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)