|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
2. How old was Mary when she died?
3. Why are the people frustrated with the Union Army in Chapter 7?
(a) Their poor organization.
(b) Their poor treatment of the soldiers.
(c) Their lack of supplies.
(d) Their lack of aggression.
4. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
(a) They think a deserter is hiding in the barn.
(b) They want Jethro to join the army.
(c) Eb has gone missing.
(d) They are investigating Hig Phillips' murder.
5. How does the family react when Jethro receives a letter back?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John see while tending to rebel prisoners?
2. Where is Shadrach when Jenny comes to be with him?
3. How old is Ellen's nephew?
4. What does the President decide to do about the deserters?
5. What is Ellen suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)