|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
(a) A flood moved large stones over the top of it.
(b) Guy Wortman poured coal oil in it.
(c) Dave Burdow poured sand and stones in it.
(d) A sick animal died in it.
2. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
(a) Eb has gone missing.
(b) They think a deserter is hiding in the barn.
(c) They are investigating Hig Phillips' murder.
(d) They want Jethro to join the army.
3. Where is Jethro's oldest brother at the beginning of the book?
(a) At war.
(b) In California.
(c) In Heaven.
(d) In jail.
4. Which side does Bill favor?
(a) A little bit of both.
(b) The North.
(c) The South.
(d) Neither side.
5. Who helps Jethro when he is being bullied at the store?
(a) Russ Morton.
(b) Ross Morton.
(c) Ross Milton.
(d) Russ Milton.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Creightons' receive help with their barn in which seasons?
2. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
3. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
4. What is the first big battle of the Civil War?
5. What will Jethro's father be doing while Jethro is in town?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)