|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John's family decide to stay with Ellen?
(a) Jethro needs the help.
(b) Their dog went missing.
(c) They are worried about Matt dying.
(d) They are low on food.
2. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
(b) Stones River.
(c) Fort Henry.
(d) Fort Donelson.
3. What month was the Gettysburg Address delivered in?
4. What year was Jethro's barn destroyed?
5. What is Ellen suffering from at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A sprained ankle.
(b) A stomach ache.
(c) A headache.
(d) Some chest pains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does the Civil War officially end?
2. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to NOT call the president?
3. Who tells Jethro about Lincoln's assassination?
4. How many men show up to help re-build the Creighton's barn?
5. Who is the president when this book takes place?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)