|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Ellen's ailment in Chapter 5?
(a) Eating bad chicken.
(b) Dropping a water bucket on her foot.
(c) They do not know.
(d) Lack of coffee.
2. How old is Jenny at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does Jethro eat lunch while he is in town?
(a) At a restaurant.
(b) In his wagon.
(c) By a stream.
(d) At the store.
4. What month is it when Ellen first hears from Tom?
5. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jethro and his family planting at the beginning of the book?
2. Where is John going a week after reading Tom's letter?
3. What do the men in the store tease Jethro about?
4. What do Jenny and Jethro not like about the federal agents that come to the farm?
5. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)