|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the nation respond to the start of the war?
(a) They are all very angry.
(b) They start to move.
(c) They celebrate.
(d) They cringe in fear.
2. What does Jethro use to help him understand what is happening during the war?
(a) A geography book.
(b) Newspaper articles.
(c) Shad's map.
(d) Bill's letters.
3. Why is Matt's family being so targeted in Chapter 6?
(a) Matt said some harsh things about Guy Wortman.
(b) Tom joined the Union.
(c) Jethro did not trade well when he was in town.
(d) Bill joined the confederacy.
4. Why does Jenny's father refuse to let her marry Shadrach after receiving Tom's letter?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is on the wrong side of the debate.
(d) He is going to war.
5. Who loses the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) The Confederates.
(b) The Union.
(c) Nobody- it is a draw.
(d) The civilians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jethro when he is told who Bill has chosen to fight for?
2. What do some people do on battlefields when the war begins?
3. How are deserters punished?
4. Where does Jethro eat lunch while he is in town?
5. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)