|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jethro when this book begins?
2. Why does Jenny not want to share with Jethro when she receives something important?
(a) She has been craving bread.
(b) She wants to read it first.
(c) It is very personal.
(d) Jethro was mean to her.
3. Who led the Confederate Army in the battle of Gettysburg?
4. Why do federal agents come to the Creighton's house?
(a) They want Jethro to join the army.
(b) They are investigating Hig Phillips' murder.
(c) They think a deserter is hiding in the barn.
(d) Eb has gone missing.
5. What news does the Lawrence boy bring home from the war?
(a) Eb is dead.
(b) Shad is wounded.
(c) Tom is dead.
(d) Bill is alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is a known hide-out for deserters?
2. How do most people hear updates about the war?
3. Why does Jenny's father refuse to let her marry Shadrach after receiving Tom's letter?
4. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Jethro's father gives him before sending him to town?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)