|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comforts Jethro when he gets scared of the war?
2. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(b) Sit at the adult table.
(c) Get his own room.
(d) Get some money.
3. How many children does John have?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 5, what is Jethro sent into town to get?
(b) The doctor.
(c) A bandage.
(d) Castor oil.
5. Who killed Jethro's sister, Mary?
(a) Thomas Bidwell.
(b) David Burdow.
(c) Donald Bidwell.
(d) Travis Burdow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What battle does John write about in Chapter 8?
2. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
3. How many children has Jethro's mother had?
4. Who proposed to Jenny?
5. What is done about the frequent visitors to the farm while Matt is ill?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)