|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in Jethro's family do when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(a) Start fighting.
(b) Change the subject.
(c) Kneel to pray.
(d) Busy themselves with other tasks.
2. How was Jethro's well made unusable?
(a) A flood moved large stones over the top of it.
(b) Guy Wortman poured coal oil in it.
(c) A sick animal died in it.
(d) Dave Burdow poured sand and stones in it.
3. What does Shadrach tell Jethro to call the president?
(a) Mr. Lincoln.
(b) Mr. President.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) Sir Lincoln.
4. How much older than Jethro is Jenny?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What battle does Shadrach write about in Chapter 8?
(b) Pea Ridge.
(d) New Madrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ellen's nephew from?
2. What do the men in the store tease Jethro about?
3. Why does the Lawrence boy come home from the war in Chapter 7?
4. What does Shadrach do for Jethro when he reads Tom's letter?
5. How old is Jethro when his father falls ill?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)