|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ellen and Nancy do for the men who help build their barn?
(a) Promise them portions of the harvest.
(b) Hold a dance.
(c) Make dinner.
(d) Pay them some money.
2. Whose house is Jethro nervous of passing on his way to town?
(a) David Burdow's.
(b) Thomas Bidwell's.
(c) Travis Burdow's.
(d) Donald Bidwell's
3. What do the men in Jethro's family try to avoid when they hear of the beginning of the war?
(a) Ellen's nephew.
(b) Their mother.
4. What does Tom do after the first big battle of the Civil War?
(a) Joins the Confederate Army.
(b) Joins the Union Army.
(c) Goes to college.
(d) Takes a trip aboad to avoid the fighting.
5. What does Jethro get to do now that he helps in the fields?
(a) Sit at the adult table.
(b) Ride a horse to town on his own.
(c) Get some money.
(d) Get his own room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposed to Jenny?
2. Who sent the letter that Jenny does not want to share with Jethro?
3. Who sends some good logs over to help build the Creighton's barn?
4. Who is the most riled up about the beginning of the war?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Jethro's father gives him before sending him to town?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)